LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - All build up and reaction here please.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Well impressed with todays display.... The "old man" at the back had a blinder against Davies, Finnan seemed really up for it which is pleaseing to see against a so-called "physical" side. Pennant was on his game too, Kuyt and Crouchy worked their b*ll*cks off and Stevie and Xabi bossed the middle to the extent that both Nolan and Speed were subbed (that don't happen often)
I'm still waiting for Gonzo to come up with his breakthrough performance which was probably the only downside (but that's being ultra critical!) glad to see Crouchy repeat his Galatasary goal (lightning obviously DOES strike twice in the same place!) and Pennant and Kuyt seemed to strike up a good understanding which bodes well.
Clean sheet, 3 goals, 3 points, 3rd in the table...... Well done boys!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Great result from the lads glad to see us producing the goals against the bigger teams. Fantastic finishes today but gerrard stole the show with his celebration.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Graeme Noble » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Very good performance overall. Pennant played very well down the wing, however Gonzalez was poor again. Crouch and Gerrard took their goals very well, and Kuyt was amazing, work-rate, assists, passing and his goal was good too.
Hyypia was immense at the back.
Graeme Noble

Postby 83-1165214211 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:36 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:Very good performance overall. Pennant played very well down the wing, however Gonzalez was poor again. Crouch and Gerrard took their goals very well, and Kuyt was amazing, work-rate, assists, passing and his goal was good too.

What about Sissy? :laugh:
83-1165214211

Postby Graeme Noble » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:41 pm

STR_18 wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:Very good performance overall. Pennant played very well down the wing, however Gonzalez was poor again. Crouch and Gerrard took their goals very well, and Kuyt was amazing, work-rate, assists, passing and his goal was good too.

What about Sissy? :laugh:

Very Hilarious ???
Graeme Noble

Postby Smeg » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Fu*ks sake Crouch, puts that one away then fuc*s up a 5 yard header. Take what we can for him more than we piad), theres better out there...
Smeg

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:01 pm

stmichael wrote:Superb stuff there today, and the atmosphere was a lot better too, especially the Anny road, which goes hand in hand I suppose.

wasn't too bad was it.

The first half, the atmosphere was dead. Only when we scored the noise really pumped around the ground. Anny Road is always good anyway. My end of the main stand was very good today. As usual I did my bit. But best of all......

Bruce Grobbelar was about 20 rows behind me, so I went up and got his autograph  :laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:09 pm

did he drop your pen! :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Smeg » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:10 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
stmichael wrote:Superb stuff there today, and the atmosphere was a lot better too, especially the Anny road, which goes hand in hand I suppose.

wasn't too bad was it.

The first half, the atmosphere was dead. Only when we scored the noise really pumped around the ground. Anny Road is always good anyway. My end of the main stand was very good today. As usual I did my bit. But best of all......

Bruce Grobbelar was about 20 rows behind me, so I went up and got his autograph  :laugh:

well no, he got a goal but fuc*ed up a 5 yard chance - just like he did a Blackburn. Hes shi*e in the air, and against the boss sides he'l be lucky to get one chance like those. If he cant take them, we might have missed the boat. simple. Lets see what those geordie sausage jockeys will offer, as i said, theres better players out there..
Smeg

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Crouch he takes the hard chances(overhead kick) and hit a 5 yards header straight at the keeper
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Smeg wrote:Fu*ks sake Crouch, puts that one away then fuc*s up a 5 yard header. Take what we can for him more than we piad), theres better out there...

you sad tw@t !! crouch played well today and he proved today what a very good team player he is for us.his workrate was brilliant & he got the goal he deserved.raffa has faith in him, & to say there is better than him out there for the money we paid for him is bu11shit! crouch has shown real character in his attitude to give 100% every time he plays & doesn"t whinge when left on the bench.keep going peter,keep proving the idiot"s wrong  :bowdown
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby 83-1165214211 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:39 pm

redhayesy wrote:
Smeg wrote:Fu*ks sake Crouch, puts that one away then fuc*s up a 5 yard header. Take what we can for him more than we piad), theres better out there...

you sad tw@t !! crouch played well today and he proved today what a very good team player he is for us.his workrate was brilliant & he got the goal he deserved.raffa has faith in him, & to say there is better than him out there for the money we paid for him is bu11shit! crouch has shown real character in his attitude to give 100% every time he plays & doesn"t whinge when left on the bench.keep going peter,keep proving the idiot"s wrong  :bowdown

We payed £7million.

In roughly the same price bracket theres:

Bellamy £6m
Anelka £8m
Ashton £7m

All of them :censored: all over Peter Crouch. There was far better out there at the time and we missed the boat. Simple as.
83-1165214211

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:27 am

Just finished watching the game. Great result, it's obvious confidence has a lot to do with football, now we have it and we win easily.

Bolton wonderers were quite deep and tough defending, they play quite a simple and effective football and probably they'll get points in many places, but not against this Liverpool. We were much better. The game was about making the first one and we had the patience to achieve it.

I liked how we were patient, especially in the first half. The goals came in the second half, though. I'm very happy for Kuyt who was a key player in the previous two goals, and had a well deserved and needed third goal. Crouch keeps working a lot, excellent in the first half, perhaps he shouldn't have run with the ball a couple of times but the teamwork he did was excellent. Not to mention his great goal.

I'd had loved Finnan had scored that effort he tried in the first half. The lad deserves it.

Alonso was not particularly brilliant this game but he did his defensive work well. While I think Gonzo wasn't good, I wouldn't say he was that terrible, neither.

And Gerrard, what can be said?. Some players are very good sometimes, the most amazing thing about Gerrard is that he's hardly poor, he always ranges from good to excellent. And he works for the team too! formidable player. His goal was a beauty.

Little Luis, apart from his six goals, showed he's also an important assistant in this team. I think his numbers cannot be discussed.

As for Rafa, very well reading the game. He's been rotating the wings (Pennant/LG Fabio Aurelio/Gonzalez) and the strikers lately, having fixed Alonso and Gerrard in the middle, and I think that's been a total success.

As I've read earlier, onwards and upwards. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 am

adamnbarrett wrote:The first half, the atmosphere was dead. Only when we scored the noise really pumped around the ground. Anny Road is always good anyway. My end of the main stand was very good today. As usual I did my bit. But best of all......

Hi Adam .

The atmosphere always is on New Years Day with the previous nights festivities to recover from.

With the game being switched to 12.45KO I thought 44,000 fans did well just to get there on time !  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:36 am

As for the performance 19 Attempts on Goal against 1 for Bolton says it all reallly.

Pennant had probably his best game so far for us and Hyppia was superb at the back.

I'm not getting into a Crouch debate cos he takes up enough debate on here as it is but 3 pts and another clean sheet will do for me .

As an aside I took my God Daughter to her first ever game at Anfield today and she loved it on the KOP even if she did get told off for shouting too loud ! :O Something to do with Hangovers on the KOP :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion