LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:25 pm

You talkin about Morales and players bein spineless and having a name like 7_Kewell.

Says it all. 

don't change the subject Stu.  Owen didn't think twice about turning over the club that made him.  Legends are players who love their club and give their all, regardless.  Carra is a legend because he'd stay no matter what......Owen isn't because as soon as the grass looked greener, he was off regardless of the finalcial damge it done to our club.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:26 pm

Them big fat shirtless in winter, tatooed, gold wearing muppets will be singing this on Boxing day :laugh:

Submitted by Toonarama

We put wur millions in
And got wor Michael Out
In Out In Out
We blew the scousers out

Now we’ve got Michael Owen
And they’ve got Peter Crouch
That’s why the Geordies Shout

Ohhhhhh – we’ve got Michael Owen
Ohhhhhh – they’ve got Peter Crouch
Ohhhhhh – we’ve got Michael Owen

(then adopting mock scouse accent and follow the actions)

Arms out, Palms down
Calm, calm down
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:stu. dont get all stroppy. may have been a better player, but fowler was the bigger legend. not saying who played better. on ability alone fowler is still the best finisher in the premiership.

he is a legend, bigger than owen.

exactly, im wid you on this one mate, bollox what Stu said, Robbie was the best striker in england at his best. What a waste like, coulda been in his prime now hitting 35 epl goals a season. For the doubters, remember, this guy was 18 19 20 and was scoring comparible amounts as a SHEARER in his prime age! imagine Robbie at his prime age!
clap, clap, clapclap clap clapclpclapclap FOWLER!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:If anyone boo's him near me i'll :censored: punch them one.

Liverpool FC legend. End of. For once DAV got it spot on.

Stu where do you sit on Boxing Day ?

I am in block 205 of the Kop in my season ticket and I will be booing him, so you know where to find me.

He WAS a legend at this club, however when he twice refused to sign with us and decided he would rather take the money and run he stopped being a legend and his goals became merely a statistic.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:30 pm

neil wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
neil wrote:Legend ???  lets not over-egg this appraisel. He was a very good player for us, during sporadic periods, that is all. legend ?   :no

So one of our best ever players isn't a legend because he wasn't fortunate to play in a great side. You wouldn't argue that Fowler was a legend though Neil?

Get a grip lad.

Both of them are Liverpool legends.

Owen is'nt fit to lace Fowlers boots.

YOU need to get a grip son, constantly in everyones face. If you really do live in Ramsey Close I'd expect a bit ov a spookin the way you carry on.

Owen was a far better player than Fowler. Anyone who knows about football will back that up.

Fowler was never even in the top 5 or 6 strikers in the world at any point in his career. Fowler also never won a european player of the year award. Fowler never had the attitude or alround game to touch Owen and he certainly couldn't rip sides to shreds on his own.

As a goalscorer, Fowler had ALOT more in his locker, left foot, right foot, power, placement, headers, volleys, chips, lobs, long distance, 2 yards, in of his nose. He wasn't however as clinical as Owen or as good in alround circumstances.

Stop acting a cock and making threats on the internet. I'm not scared and it isn't impressive.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:31 pm

He WAS a legend at this club, however when he twice refused to sign with us and decided he would rather take the money and run he stopped being a legend and his goals became merely a statistic.

my point exacltly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Am looking forward to the game should be good its gonna be strange to see Owen run out in a barcode but am sure we all know who he would rather be playing for and at the end of the day look at what we have done since he left.

Liverpool 2 Newcastle 0 Crouch 1st goal is my predication

COME ON THE REDS!!!
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:35 pm

he'll get a decent reception from me when his name is read out before the game. the guy did a lot for this club and life is far too short to bear grudges as far as i'm concerned, especially when we have just won the european cup without him.

however as soon as the game starts i hope carra nails him in the first tackle. :nod
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:36 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Owen was a far better player than Fowler. Anyone who knows about football will back that up.

Fowler never had the attitude or alround game to touch Owen and he certainly couldn't rip sides to shreds on his own.

Stop acting a cock and making threats on the internet. I'm not scared and it isn't impressive.

You don't have a clue, and the only person I've seen use threatening language is you

???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Who cares anyway we won the CL without him, we are still in it without him.
Is there going to be argueing for pages over when Baros returns with Villa? Was anyone argueing when Fowler came to Anfield with either Leeds or City ??? .
No there wasnt, he gave us plenty of wonderful goals but he plays for Newcastle.
He will get a warm reception warming up but as far as Im concerned once that whistle gets blown he's an enemy for 90 minutes the same as the rest of them.
He will feel more sh.itty walking through that tunnel under the this is anfield sign than any of us dare to imagine.
He left us to win tropheys we he hasnt won any since and is not likely to either playing for Newcastle.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:38 pm

stmichael wrote:he'll get a decent reception from me when his name is read out before the game. the guy did a lot for this club and life is far too short to bear grudges as far as i'm concerned, especially when we have just won the european cup without him.

however as soon as the game starts i hope carra nails him in the first tackle. :nod

Spot On
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:39 pm

I would personally take a fully fit, firing and at his very best Fowler over Owen anyday TBH. In fairness to them both it is a long time since either could claim to be in that condition but Fowler was much the better footballer of the two in my view. It's all opinions of course but I'm confident I'm correct on this one. BTW happy crimbo' Leon and Stu, two of the best posters on the forum.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:41 pm

I guess I could join the modern football fan.

Fickle, doesn't have a clue, supports a team from another city, glory hunter, have no respect for ex players, legends, other teams or there own and generally act like a clueless muppet. Also not understanding exactly whats happening and calling for a managers head after a bad result, sit in silence at games unless its to boo the opposition or my own side.

Then again i could stay where i'm at.

Wishing ex reds all the best, supporting my team and not worrying about others, support my local side, loyal, contribute to chants and singing, supporting my team, applauding ex reds especially ones that go down in Liverpool history. I remember when Thompson scored a screamer for Blackburn against us, i remember when Barcelona and Valencia outclassed us, most of us... the true Liverpool fans stood up and clapped. We applauded the opposition for playing the game as it should be played. These days however, the ground is becoming a more and more depressing place. Filled with idiots and outsiders.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:42 pm

stmichael wrote:he'll get a decent reception from me when his name is read out before the game. the guy did a lot for this club and life is far too short to bear grudges as far as i'm concerned, especially when we have just won the european cup without him.

Well said. :)
115-1073096938

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:42 pm

Cant argue with you there Mick I was growing up when Robbie was at his best and the lad was out of this world not to take anything away from Owen but Fowler every time.
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion