LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:44 am

Yeah i'll be applauding Owen too, lets just hope he doesn't score the winner. I think on current form we should be beating newcastle especially at home. IMO there is no reason why we can't collect 9 points next week
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:09 am

The Red Baron wrote:I cant believe people are going to Boo Owen,why.Michael Owen was a great player for this club.He has moved on, get over it.

agreed RB, i still like owen
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:46 pm

I will BOOO owen in our next match ... remember that Rafa and Liverpool need him to stay but he decided to go to Real Madcow .... I hope that PC and Cisse will tear their defend down ... 3:0 to Liverpool
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 pm

Owen deserves to be given a warm welcome.

As for him screwing us - well, he is already "paying" for it by having to go to Newcastle United.

Ultimately, I am more concerned with a Liverpool win.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:48 pm

The Red Baron wrote:I cant believe people are going to Boo Owen,why.Michael Owen was a great player for this club.He has moved on, get over it.A few months ago there was a thread about 100 pages long,speculating and hoping he would come back to us.He didnt,
his choice.His mistake He must be looking enviously at us now.Owen was a hero on
Merseyside and I for one will welcome him back with fond memories.Yes I agree he left us in the lurch,he didnt give Rafa a chance,we all make mistakes, and I believe
leaving Liverpool will prove to be the biggest mistake of his profesional carreer.
Remember when he runs out[If his hamstring lets him] the pleasure he gave us,the goals he scored and the cup he won us.We have always welcomed returning players to Anfield and I see no reason why we should stop now.
  Wouldnt it be nice for Michael to look back on his return to Anfield,remember the welcome and the drubbing he and his team mates recieved.

hear hear. well said RB.

those who are planning on booing the lad have short memories. as much as his transfer left a sour taste in the mouth, the guy was a legend for this club. i'd kill to have him back in our side right now.

i just hope someone reminds him that josemi has a CL winners medal. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:33 pm

owen has been a great servant to the club but we have moved on and so has he (obviously not to a greener pasture). i like to think that as fans we are above booing an ex-player who has given us great pleasure with his goals over the years.

that said, the fact that we won the "biggie" without his help said it all.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby Big Niall » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:34 pm

Owen carried this team for many years. He was in a :censored: GH team that always had excuses and were way behind top teams and never looked like winning a major trophy (league or CL). Benitez and was new and you never know how a new manager will work out.

He had the chance to play for the biggest team in the world and went for it. I don't blame him and I think he should get a great reception. Who knows what lies ahead and the manager may want him at some stage in the future.

We all know who the best forward on the pitch who wants to play for LFC will be.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:42 pm

The next 2-3 weeks will be a very tough test and could ultimately mould the season going forward. I think the trip to Japan was a very useful exercise. OK we didn't win the tournament but we played well, every 1st team squad player played and the boys were away together. I am a massive advocate for this type of team bonding (trips away). To arrive back in the UK sitting 3rd in the Prem is another bonus!!

Newcastle, Everton, Bolton and WBA is not a bad run over xmas and New Year but it will be tough. January is key. Not only to continue our excellent form but our effort in the transfer window (which I believe will be substantial). This will set the tone for 2006! Rafa now believes we can win the league.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Did we think IAN RUSH deserted us when he left for Italy
Did we think Keegan did the same going to Germany
both did it like owen because they believed they were furthering their carrers.

I hold nothing against him what so ever
infact i am in debt to him for all the enjoyment he has given me over the years
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Not that I hate MO... but Im suprise that he leave us high and dry :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:02 pm

If anyone boo's him near me i'll :censored: punch them one.

Liverpool FC legend. End of. For once DAV got it spot on.
115-1073096938

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:08 pm

I think we'll take them. If they wanna do an 'olivia newton-john' and get physical, we have the players who can 'grease' them in that department. Crouch to start is an absolute must.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:41 pm

an anagram of michael owen = hi owl menace :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:42 pm

another anagram

michael owen = con me awhile 'or' income whale

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:48 pm

Legend ???  lets not over-egg this appraisel. He was a very good player for us, during sporadic periods, that is all. legend ?   :no
Last edited by neil on Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion