LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dward » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:59 pm

Judge wrote:is this the official thread, or will it be locked in favour of a thread done in BLOCK CAPITALS

:D

this is the official thread........with BLOCK CAPITALS :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:15 pm

im not clapping a player who wanted to leave and cost us 10 million plus because of the contract situation. Players who want to leave arent worth it.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:56 pm

Bit harsh not to give him some sort of appulase beacuse he gave alot to us and scored many goals in the red shirt but his body languag and facial expression twoards the end of his lfc days just showd like he did'nt want to be there almost got bored dispite formin a great understanding with Stevie Gerrard and in that respect i dont liek player being at the club who have not ot their haeart in it. went off on a tangent there anyway newcastle yeah i think we can get a result from this game the players will want to do well after the defeat and carry on the prem form wud like to see cisse in this game he looks hungry and his change if attitue has impressed me i think he cud get the goals beacuse bramble and boumsong lose concentration concently and cisse and maybe crouch could really get into them
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:32 pm

Newcastle have had a few good results lately,but i think they flatter to decieve, as good as they are up front, their defence is sh.ite . Owen wont need no motivation but Carra will sort him out  :;): Its gonna be an interesting game,but we should emerge victorious. I hope Owen gets a GREAT welcome (and not much else lol)
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:58 am

I hope Owen gets a GREAT welcome

I don't, the little :censored: screwed us over in the Real Madrid transfer.   :no

i'm not saying boo him, but i for one shall not be giving him the 'hero' treatment
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:03 am

It was interesting to see Owen interviewed after his hatrick. I couldn't help noticing how he referred to scoring a similar hatrick for us, 1 right footed, 1 left and 1 header - you could see in his eyes that he has strong feelings for his time at LFC and this is really where he wants to be. I'd still have him over Cisse any day.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 am

It was interesting to see Owen interviewed after his hatrick. I couldn't help noticing how he referred to scoring a similar hatrick for us, 1 right footed, 1 left and 1 header - you could see in his eyes that he has strong feelings for his time at LFC and this is really where he wants to be. I'd still have him over Cisse any day.

i'm sure he does and I also agree, i'd have Owen instead of Cisse anyday of the week.  However, i don't agree with this 'returning hero' :censored:!  He strung us along over a new deal then threw it back in our faces at the 11th hour, screwing us in the process.  i'm not going to Boo him, but i shall not be cheering him either.   :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:38 am

should be a cracker and i'm sure Carra will make sure his old mate wont get a sniff.It will be quite funny what reaction Owen gets.We have always been superb with Ex players / managers returning....but seeing how Owen :censored: us backwards over his contract which meant we had to give him away.........it will be interesting.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:55 am

I hope Owen does get a good reception. He is a great player and has done great things for this club, and I hope the majority of supporters can see past the pain of his departure.

This game is going to be a real tough one IMO. Our finishing has to be better, we can't afford to have more shots on goal without scoring. With owen and shearer they won't need many chances to convert.
However our defense and midfield will hopefully reduce any scoring oppurtunity to a dribble.

4-4-2 - crouch/cisse or crouch/nando

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:41 am

I think Owen deserves to be booed, having screwed the club that gave him his big chance, AND his current status.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:30 am

i hope owen gets booed.................

i hope rafa won't play the crouch & moro combo.......

i hope we win  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:43 am

I cant believe people are going to Boo Owen,why.Michael Owen was a great player for this club.He has moved on, get over it.A few months ago there was a thread about 100 pages long,speculating and hoping he would come back to us.He didnt,
his choice.His mistake He must be looking enviously at us now.Owen was a hero on
Merseyside and I for one will welcome him back with fond memories.Yes I agree he left us in the lurch,he didnt give Rafa a chance,we all make mistakes, and I believe
leaving Liverpool will prove to be the biggest mistake of his profesional carreer.
Remember when he runs out[If his hamstring lets him] the pleasure he gave us,the goals he scored and the cup he won us.We have always welcomed returning players to Anfield and I see no reason why we should stop now.
  Wouldnt it be nice for Michael to look back on his return to Anfield,remember the welcome and the drubbing he and his team mates recieved.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:48 am

Judge wrote:is this the official thread, or will it be locked in favour of a thread done in BLOCK CAPITALS

:D

when is posted this statement, the thread was still in lower case, then low and behold CAPITALS

:upside:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:22 am

I think we can win all these matches but I'm worry the match vs Neverton.... instead of play football we might get "judo party" from them ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby darwisigila » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:07 am

neverton??hehe......they are looking forward for that derby for sure. they are busy discussing that match on their forum since last month. i can't help but laughing when i log there.   

i don think owen should be booed..he will regret his decision to :censored: us for rest of his career. the picture gerrard lift the CL cup will playing in his mind all the time. so i think its already torturing for him.
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion