LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:32 pm

:D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kishan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:52 pm

Lee J wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I think Owen deserves to be booed, having screwed the club that gave him his big chance, AND his current status.

Lando you sad sack, I'm sure Micky will be devestated when he hears YOU booing him. I bet if they interview him after the game he breaks down blubbering saying he can't believe that Lando booed him - you fking xmas turkey! I hate people like you...

"Im gonna boo him cos he screwed us... arp arp arp!"

Change the record!

and this goes to all of you spineless, fickle bunch of itchy scabs...    GET OVER IT! HE LEFT LIVERPOOL TO CONTINUE HIS CAREER WITH ANOTHER CLUB!

....so did Kenny Dalglish, do we boo him?  :angry:

Sorry Lee but you're sooooo wrong about King Kenny.  He never left to further his career at another club.

He was player manager, then manager of LFC.  He left the club to spend more time with his family.

Re the Fowler vs Owen discussion, here's my 2 cents.
Fowler was the better out and out goal scorer, Owen was the better "big game" player.  If you could combine the two
you'd get Ian Rush  :)

I hope Owen gets a good reception at Anfield purely for the fact that he served the club well while he was with us.
Sure I didn't like the manner of his departure but that's in the past.

What I most want vs Newcastle though is 3 points for us.
Kishan

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:47 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Robbie could turn a match with a goal Owen would never even dream of trying.

fa cup final 1996, playing cr@p, did fowler change the game?

fa cup final 2001. playing cr@p. did owen change the game?

i like you lando but don't talk tripe. you're clearly letting your dislike of owen cloud your football judgement.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:21 am

stmichael wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Robbie could turn a match with a goal Owen would never even dream of trying.

fa cup final 1996, playing cr@p, did fowler change the game?

fa cup final 2001. playing cr@p. did owen change the game?

i like you lando but don't talk tripe. you're clearly letting your dislike of owen cloud your football judgement.

i think lando is trying to compare the styles in which each played. I must admit Robbie's goals did at times have more complexity than owens. Remember the robbie hat-trick against villa, how the hell did he manage to run with the ball, strike it, and without breaking his stride and fool bosnich totally. Flying past him, before he'd even realised it had left his foot. The reason - simple, bosnich was watching for the strike he didnt see (the break in stride associated with such a goal)

it was a goal that owen has never done. that type i mean. Robbie was one of the few footballers who could produce that. it was stunning.

I think its that type of thing lando is referring too. I dont think even lando could argue with owens strike rate, but robbies was more spectacular and ingenious. imo
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:26 am

Are we still moaning about owen Vs Fowler?

Lets put things into honest perspective here. Owen left us on a slight sour note, fowler didnt. this changes the legend status of a player. Its not all about ability.
No one can say that owen doesnt have ability. We can say he doesnt have personality, but ability? he has heaps.
But fowler had heaps of ability, and a personality, and was a cheeky scouser.

Thats what gives fowler the upper hand.

we could talk about fowlers hat trick against arsenal or owens brace in the cup final. Theres so much to compare the two which is good as it prooves they are both genius players and will go down in liverpool history as top world class strikers. Unfortunately fowler never got to achieve everything he wanted int eh football world.

as said earlier, cheer on owen a lil tomorrow, but when that whistle is blown, show him what hes missing
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:41 am

Why boo him he knows he chose the wrong team anyway and it will haunt him forever! He left to Real Craprid to win trophies and got nothing and WE BECAME THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! When he decided to come back he decided that money is more worth than playing for the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and he chose Newcastle. Is he trying to be a martyr or something? I don't want him back not because he hasn't got any skills but because he doesn't have his heart in the right place. I'd rather have a crappy team than a team full of "stars" with no feel for the club.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:50 am

stmichael wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Anyways to the game.....

I think you'll see a Crouch - Cisse combo. They worked really well together against Saprissa and both Boumsoung and Bramble aren't the best in the air or fast on the ground.

Reina

Finnan     Carragher     Hyypia     Warnock

Alonso     Hamann

Gerrard         Garcia            Kewell

Cisse      Crouch

I think Kewell is worthy of a start, the sao paulo game was a good one for harry and i think he is becoming reliable in his form. Hopefully he won't ©ock it up.

good idea southcoastshankly.

lets start with twelve men and see if anyone notices. :p  :D

Do you know as i was typing it I knew something was wrong! Bugger! The festivities are cloud my reasoning already!   :Oo:   :D

What I meant was:

Reina

Finnan     Carragher     Hyypia     Warnock

Gerrard     Alonso       Hamann        Kewell

Cisse      Crouch
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:54 am

Liverpool - Great Club best Supporters in the world.
Well anyone reading these posts about Owen would think Liverpool supporters are a total set of :censored:.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:26 pm

DAV wrote:Liverpool - Great Club best Supporters in the world.
Well anyone reading these posts about Owen would think Liverpool supporters are a total set of :censored:.

No if they read your comment they would think that. numbnuts
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:32 pm

Whats doin my head in is that if some of you are going to go on about owen and fowler which I have no problem with, you should at least do it in a 'fowler vs.owen' OFFICIAL TOPIC :D

Let's talk tactics.
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:32 pm

well ill tell you what SouthCoastShankly
u boo Owen against Newcastle if it makes you feel better
To be honest i think its sad that people would even consider it
when all said and done its personal choice.
Just a question in what ever work you do-if you got offered an oppotunity which you felt you had to take.
Would you? ??????
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:21 pm

Im hoping we get back to winning ways on Boxing day , and with a leaky Newcastle defence coming to Anfield this should make it a hole lot easier.
In saying that at the other end they could cause us problems, that Alan Shearer he's a great player isnt he ? :D
It could be a humdinger of a game.
66-1112520797

Postby AlanHansen » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Watch out for Scott Parker though as he will most definately be the epicentre of the Geordie attack. Hamann and Alonso should take care of that.

parker is suspended for this game

Thats a massive plus for us, he does a lot of work in their midfield.
AlanHansen

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:12 pm

DAV wrote:well ill tell you what SouthCoastShankly
u boo Owen against Newcastle if it makes you feel better
To be honest i think its sad that people would even consider it
when all said and done its personal choice.
Just a question in what ever work you do-if you got offered an oppotunity which you felt you had to take.
Would you? ??????

Have you actually read this thread from start or are you talking sh!t? I think the latter. I think you'll find i've been one of many against those who ARE going to boo Owen.

Get you facts right @rsewipe before you voice your opinion
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:27 pm

nope
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion