If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign? - New contract for Crouch..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:01 pm

oh and sign villa is my shout :O
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 pm

redmikey wrote:oh and sign villa is my shout :O

Keep your voice down, son !   :wwww
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:33 pm

redmikey wrote:oh and sign villa is my shout :O

i wanted david villa back in october 2005, two months before you joined  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:36 pm

I wanted Yakubu when he was at Pompey or Defoe before he went to Pompey in January. Both have proven in the last couple of months they can score in this division whereas Villa is a huge gamble.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Last couple of months ?

Yakubu has averaged  one goal in just under every three games since he joined Portsmouth back in 2003. Many in this site where calling for him then and thought we missed a trick when Portsmouth sold him to 'Boro (of all places).

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedBlood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:26 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I wanted Yakubu when he was at Pompey or Defoe before he went to Pompey in January. Both have proven in the last couple of months they can score in this division whereas Villa is a huge gamble.

david villa is no gamble mate, hes a great player on torres's level
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:09 am

Toffeehater wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Sell Crouch and Voronin

Sign Huntelaar.

OR keep crouch play him regularly then we wont need a player that needs a couple of years to adapt to the premiership. Sorted.

Even playing regularly, I don't think Crouch is what we need. He's not going to get any faster, stronger and a better header of the ball.

And he's going to keep missing chance after chance like he did against barnsley , inter and a other teams , neither kuyt nor crouch are LFC standard but at least kuyt gives his all , i'd sell crouch and voronin in the summer , buy back owen , just watched the Newcastle game that day and he was amazing , pity he cud not score . Owen will be the best buy as he's already adapted and is a good finisher and has plenty of pace

Ive seen that quote a lot lately when it comes to players playing for liverpool. "Liverpool Quality", John Aldridge said lately about Kuyt about his work ethic and how that is liverpool through and through.  He doesnt score as many but he works his socks off. He doesnt shy from his responsibility and he gets stuck in. Is this Liverpool quality or is it a supporters opinion? Is liverpool quality really liverpool quality or is it that most supporters demand the best players in the world? If that is the case then we will be waiting a long time for 22 liverpool quality players.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 am

I don't know how Crouch is still staying at Liverpool, it's obvious that he's going to get limited time in the team no matter how good he plays.  I just don't really see him fitting into our system very well.  I'd want him to stay here because he's a special player, who can be very useful, but I wouldn't blame him for wanting a move to another club.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 am

I think an Owen return can be reasonably ruled out.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:45 am

In answer to the orignal topic question, if I were Peter Crouch I wouldn't sign another contract for Liverpool no.

If you assume that Rafa wil be the manager next season (and if you are committing yourself to a four year deal that is the only sensible way to look at it) then you have to ask yourself how much will you play. Now this season he has had minimal game time, despite the only viable alternative being a bloke who can't score a goal (until his recent golden spell of two in five or whatever it is) and a bloke with a ponytail. This is despite the fact that last season you were top scorer,  and that on just about every occasion this season you have actually made it onto the pitch, you have either scored a goal or at least looked like you will do before too much longer.

The chances are (infact it's almost a certainty I would have thought) that the club will go out and buy a new striker in the Summer and sell Voronin. That will mean that you have gone from being third choice behind Torres and the bloke who can't score, to being fourth choice behind Torres, the new bloke and the bloke who can't score, in so doing replacing the bloke with a ponytail. Allied to this, the manager has already given some tentative indications that he is ready to severely reduce the selectorial merry go round this season, so it is quite possible that he may conclude five changes per match is not necessarily the way to go next season as well and your chances of playing are even further reduced. 

No, for me it is an absolute no-brainer if you are Peter Crouch. Move on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:33 am

RedBlood wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I wanted Yakubu when he was at Pompey or Defoe before he went to Pompey in January. Both have proven in the last couple of months they can score in this division whereas Villa is a huge gamble.

So was Morientes apparently. So was Forlan. So was Mutu and Crespo. So was Wiltord.

A players ability abroad doesn't mean they're suited to the english game. Any signing is a gamble and a risk, especially ones from abroad coming with a huge reputation like Villa would be.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
RedBlood wrote:

So was Morientes apparently. So was Forlan. So was Mutu and Crespo. So was Wiltord.

A players ability abroad doesn't mean they're suited to the english game. Any signing is a gamble and a risk, especially ones from abroad coming with a huge reputation like Villa would be.

lets buy cesc fabregas then
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrisrafman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 am

If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign?

Yes for a team that will play me every game when i should be playing first team football anyway
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby chrisrafman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

Judge wrote:
RedBlood wrote:

lets buy cesc fabregas then

seconded!
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:26 am

RedBlood wrote:

Torres came from abroad and carried a big reputation, has he been a failure?

(I'm just using your flawed logic you see)
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion