If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign? - New contract for Crouch..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:25 am

The_Rock wrote:Sign the argentina striker playing for atletico madrid....think his name is augero or something....

and BTW....sell kuyt, voronin and crouch. i am sick of strikers whom even my grandma can out-run....

And always the grandma knows more than all of us.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Sell Crouch and Voronin

Sign Huntelaar.

p.iss off Huntelaar is ours :D

nah serious..If huntelaar is going i hope he is going to liverpool
Scored today 2 more goals and now he haves 26 goals in 27 matches.

About Crouch, i cant believe why everybody wants him to leave.
I think he is a very good player.. (maybe not 90 minuts long.but on moments Liverpool needs him he is ther.)
-x-
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:37 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Sign Huntelaar.

OR keep crouch play him regularly then we wont need a player that needs a couple of years to adapt to the premiership. Sorted.

Even playing regularly, I don't think Crouch is what we need. He's not going to get any faster, stronger and a better header of the ball.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:50 am

Kharhaz wrote:The only thing he is flawed in as a striker is heading the ball, his touch is brilliant, hes acrobatic and he scores goals, exactly what you want from a striker.

he has zero acceleration, anticipation and reflexes... he is a very limited striker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Sign the argentina striker playing for atletico madrid....think his name is augero or something....

and BTW....sell kuyt, voronin and crouch. i am sick of strikers whom even my grandma can out-run....

And always the grandma knows more than all of us.

No Sh!t sherlock.......  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:05 am

Or if one prefers, sell Kuyt and buy Huntelaar.

Although I think we can get more for Crouch.

We need Lahm before Manure get him.

Possibly Mertesacker too.

Wheeling and dealing is required. Kewell should go. Maybe someone will be stupid enough to pay a decent fee for him.

If the Arabs take over, hopefully they will come bearing gifts (IE: lots of money).
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

Aguero.

That would be fantastic. I am curious, however, how Torres and him would work together. They worked pretty well together on Fifa 08 for me  :D

Aguero is going to be one of the top strikers in the world in a couple years. In my opinion, he is already near the top.

Unfortunately I do not think that Atletico Madrid would let him go for anything. He has been a huge reason as to why they have done well in La Liga this season and I can see that Atletico considers him as a key man in their club's future. We already took Torres from them, I highly doubt they would let Aguero go to us.
skatesy

Postby skatesy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:22 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Or if one prefers, sell Kuyt and buy Huntelaar.

Although I think we can get more for Crouch.

We need Lahm before Manure get him.

Possibly Mertesacker too.

Wheeling and dealing is required. Kewell should go. Maybe someone will be stupid enough to pay a decent fee for him.

If the Arabs take over, hopefully they will come bearing gifts (IE: lots of money).

Liverpool need to get :censored: serious in the transfer market. I do think that they picked up some good young talent but we also need to pick up 2 or 3 more players who are class...maybe one for the wings and one upfront.
skatesy

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:36 am

Do you think Liverpool are only offering him a contract as he can walk on a free soon?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:30 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:The only thing he is flawed in as a striker is heading the ball, his touch is brilliant, hes acrobatic and he scores goals, exactly what you want from a striker.

he has zero acceleration, anticipation and reflexes... he is a very limited striker...

He has a good touch - if he is given room.

He is acrobatic - not a lot of use unless he happens to connect and it happens enough times in a game (unlikely)

He scores good goals, showing technique - but not enough and only when he connects "sweetly"

He is a target - but loses the ball, doesn't find a colleague or fouls more than he wins it, finds a colleague and is awarded fouls

He can head the ball - when it hits his head just right ie he has little power or (re)directional skill

He is better than Kuyt - if you're being generous, neither is scoring enough and their other attributes aren't enough to split them clearly

I could be equally critical of Kuyt, although his main problem seems to be finding the net more than individual criticisms of technique etc
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:23 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Sign Huntelaar.

OR keep crouch play him regularly then we wont need a player that needs a couple of years to adapt to the premiership. Sorted.

Even playing regularly, I don't think Crouch is what we need. He's not going to get any faster, stronger and a better header of the ball.

And he's going to keep missing chance after chance like he did against barnsley , inter and a other teams , neither kuyt nor crouch are LFC standard but at least kuyt gives his all , i'd sell crouch and voronin in the summer , buy back owen , just watched the Newcastle game that day and he was amazing , pity he cud not score . Owen will be the best buy as he's already adapted and is a good finisher and has plenty of pace
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Do you think Liverpool are only offering him a contract as he can walk on a free soon?

Yes , i think that too , as now there's a ruling whr crouch can buy over his remaining years of his contract and leave for a cheaper price , which means that he could leave for around 4 to 5 million , i think we're gonna sign him long term then sell him for lets say 10 to 14 million .

Players have become prostitutes  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:33 pm

keep crouchy and sell kuyt

buy david villa
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:51 pm

One thing is for sure, if any player - good, bad or ugly doesnt play regularly they go off the boil.

You cant expect Crouch, Babel or even Vorinin to produce the goods if they play once in a blue moon. Kenny and Rushies relationship was instinctive because they played week in, week out, as was the service they received from the midfield because they knew who would be where, at what precise moment.  Its clear as daylight to me, Rafa must be fcuking stooopid. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Sign Huntelaar.

And he's going to keep missing chance after chance like he did against barnsley , inter and a other teams , neither kuyt nor crouch are LFC standard but at least kuyt gives his all , i'd sell crouch and voronin in the summer , buy back owen , just watched the Newcastle game that day and he was amazing , pity he cud not score . Owen will be the best buy as he's already adapted and is a good finisher and has plenty of pace

tbh mate if you want to get into the get owen back discussion there are 5 million threads to immerse yourself in for every possible answer you coul hope for.

my personal opinion is that he is never coming back even though i am a fan of his ability to finish chances when he was in his peak, i agree he did have a good game for the fool army but owen of a few years back would have taken the one on one chance because his pace would have given him the faction of a second longer to pick his spot, he doesn't have the time or the pace for me any more

but saying that he will still score a decent team 20 goals a season and i would swap him for voronin and pennant in the blink of an eye
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion