If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign? - New contract for Crouch..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torres25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 pm

cash in on him..... :censored: plan B i want all my strikers 2 pacy, skillful predators..if we have 4 of them we wont need a plan B
Torres25

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Crouch should sign. Especially with Benitez' job being under threat. If Benitez left then Crouch would sign instantly IMO.

He's expressed his desire to stay, and Rafa is our manager. Contracts are rarely concluded instantly, and if he were offered the chance to sign a new contract I'd imagine he'd sign gladly.

If it's a choice between playing infrequently at Liverpool, in the UCL, with a higher standard of play whilst challenging for trophies, or playing regular league football for Man City or Newcastle, then for me it's a no brainer.
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:16 am

LFC2007 wrote:If it's a choice between playing infrequently at Liverpool, in the UCL, with a higher standard of play whilst challenging for trophies, or playing regular league football for Man City or Newcastle, then for me it's a no brainer.

Damn ! if only you were there when Michael Owen needed you.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:If it's a choice between playing infrequently at Liverpool, in the UCL, with a higher standard of play whilst challenging for trophies, or playing regular league football for Man City or Newcastle, then for me it's a no brainer.

Damn ! if only you were there when Michael Owen needed you.

:D

I would say that it would depend on how honest and he was with himself.... If he feels that he can make it at a top club then he should either stay or only consider going to another so-called, top club.

If deep down, he knows that he'll always be good but never quite crack it into the elite, then as any self-respecting footballer should, he'll do well to look for a club who can guarantee him 1st team football or at least more opportunities than he's getting know.

From the club's standpoint, we should sign him and then sell him later if surplus to requirements as we'll be able to get a better deal. I don't like it as I feel it'll be more honest to tell a player whether he's in the club's plans or not rather than just keep him from a business standpoint..... On the other hand business IS business....
ConnO'var

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:22 am

Sell him....we need better players in the club (ie... calibre of torres, gerrard, mash, agger, reina, carra).

BTW, i rate crouch much higher than kuyt and voronin....so if i don't mind selling crouch.... don't really have to spell what i do with kuyt and voronin...  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:59 am

The_Rock wrote:Sell him....we need better players in the club (ie... calibre of torres, gerrard, mash, agger, reina, carra).

BTW, i rate crouch much higher than kuyt and voronin....so if i don't mind selling crouch.... don't really have to spell what i do with kuyt and voronin...  :D

i'd keep kuyt , crouch for him shud be sold , if i were him ,  i will not be so daft and sign , seeing as he has not been playing this season , i'll wait till my contract runs out or see if the club sells me
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Depends what his priorities are, money or playing football.  If he's happy warming the bench and taking his wages then he should sign.  If he wants to play football most weeks he should tell Rafa to shove it and move on.  He obviously doesn't see the big man in the same light as last season when he stuck by him during his goal scoring drought.  Kuyt is his new baby, he can't do no wrong but he can't score.  Personally I would sell him and Kuyt in the summer.  We desperately need more quality strikers, neither are in that bracket.  Decent, honest, hard working players but not at the standard we require.
Rockthekop

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Personally I would sell him and Kuyt in the summer.  We desperately need more quality strikers, neither are in that bracket.

I disagree with you on this. I think Crouch is in this bracket but for some reason he just hasnt been in rafas plans this season. On form Crouch is one of the best strikers in the game, people look at him and think christ hes tall and expect him to be good with his head and thats it. The only thing he is flawed in as a striker is heading the ball, his touch is brilliant, hes acrobatic and he scores goals, exactly what you want from a striker. His downside this season is he hasnt been given the games.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:31 am

If we sell Crouch, we're not going to bring anyone better in with limited funds, so we should keep hold of him.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:37 am

I certainly agree that Crouch hasn't been given fair crack of the whip but in saying that you can't turn quasimodo into a prince.  Crouch is a half decent player but that's all, he's nothing special.  Just wait and see how good a team we'll be when we replace him and Kuyt with real quality players.  Mancini and a top striker is a good start!
Rockthekop

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:02 am

If crouch has been offered a new contract by rafa then the chances are he is long term rather than short.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:43 am

Sell Crouch and Voronin

Sign Huntelaar.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:58 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Sell Crouch and Voronin

Sign Huntelaar.

OR keep crouch play him regularly then we wont need a player that needs a couple of years to adapt to the premiership. Sorted.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:17 am

Imagine that getting paid buckets every week for just training every week , i'd sign... easiest money he'd ever take .

Then again if you could play at that level cos i like playing football but wouldnt be class so from my position i'd sign ..
holylamb2006

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:15 am

Sign the argentina striker playing for atletico madrid....think his name is augero or something....

and BTW....sell kuyt, voronin and crouch. i am sick of strikers whom even my grandma can out-run....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion