Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:37 pm

Intrested to find out what peoples thoughts on the lad are now he has played a couple of times in the red shirt .....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:42 pm

He's got something. Don't know if he's up to our standards, but he's got something. His stride confuses, his height troubles, but is he just a gimmick? I'll still reserve judgement, but I think he is beginning to prove my pescimism wrong. Which is nice.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:12 pm

He's pretty useful but lets see if he delivers in the EPL and Champions League in the coming season before judging him.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:37 pm

I was one of the few who went out on a limb and applauded his signing. That said I thought he was a shade disappointing last night. His movement needs some work on the training pitch and his much vaunted first touch let him down at times. His lay-off to Alonso was typically slightly off and I think and hope he can do better.
On a slightly different note I did feel for the poor fecker when he got subbed and as he was walking off went to shake Xabi's hand. Alonso didn't see it and pulled his socks up, leaving Crouchy to kind of pretend that he was just brushing down his shorts. Like one of those ones where you wave at someone over the street and they don't see you and you have to turn it into an extravegant yawn, nobody likes to see it. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:40 pm

He's bn playin well and linked up with cisse nicely...tho a dnt think he'll start most games he'll be an amazin sub to bring on and get a goal.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:42 pm

I was one of the few who went out on a limb and applauded his signing. That said I thought he was a shade disappointing last night. His movement needs some work on the training pitch and his much vaunted first touch let him down at times. His lay-off to Alonso was typically slightly off and I think and hope he can do better.
On a slightly different note I did feel for the poor fecker when he got subbed and as he was walking off went to shake Xabi's hand. Alonso didn't see it and pulled his socks up, leaving Crouchy to kind of pretend that he was just brushing down his shorts. Like one of those ones where you wave at someone over the street and they don't see you and you have to turn it into an extravegant yawn, nobody likes to see it.

:D :laugh: Good spot that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

bigmick wrote:I was one of the few who went out on a limb and applauded his signing. That said I thought he was a shade disappointing last night. His movement needs some work on the training pitch and his much vaunted first touch let him down at times. His lay-off to Alonso was typically slightly off and I think and hope he can do better.
On a slightly different note I did feel for the poor fecker when he got subbed and as he was walking off went to shake Xabi's hand. Alonso didn't see it and pulled his socks up, leaving Crouchy to kind of pretend that he was just brushing down his shorts. Like one of those ones where you wave at someone over the street and they don't see you and you have to turn it into an extravegant yawn, nobody likes to see it. :D

Does it happen to you often Mick?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Does it happen to you often Mick?

Probably does, he seems to know a lot about those kind of situations :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:59 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Intrested to find out what peoples thoughts on the lad are now he has played a couple of times in the red shirt .....

he seems to be carrying a few too many extra pounds if you ask me.

just kiddin :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:34 pm

JBG wrote:Does it happen to you often Mick?  :D

Not as such. People actually DO see me then give us the blank. It's usually followed by them giving it the old shop window study, as in "has that fecker gone yet or what". I do more impromptu yawns than David Blaine down our street.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:36 pm

Crouch will be out for 2 to 3 weeks.  He's banned for the league games anyway where he might have played so might not be missed as much as you'd think.

Definitely ruled out of the European games though. :(
jonnymac1979

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:38 pm

looks like a nando/cisse partnership.
this might be a sign for rafa to keep baros!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:05 pm

Nando had better get his act together,at the moment he is way off the pace,would rather see Baros playing than nando at the moment
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:13 pm

I hope that this is a reminder to Rafa that people get hurt, and a championship team has class to replace class, not slow overrated people to replace class.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:24 pm

Time to bring ome Owen me thinks.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion