If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign? - New contract for Crouch..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:55 pm

What are the chances of Keane and Defoe leaving their clubs?

And how much would they cost?

Ideally I'd like Defoe and Huntelaar.

One Prem proven, one foreign hotshot.

Get rid of Crouch and Kuyt

Voronin can be replaced by a free or cheap older and experienced Brit striker too.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 am

Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Keane is the only feasible signing there, and he's not proven at the top level.

He was playing well when at leeds as i rmb they amde it to the champiosn league and were a top side when they were run by o leary . Very difficult to beat , One more name i'll throw would be the recently signed pompey striker Jermaine defore , fast , Skillfull , very good finisher , proven and adapted to the premier league

He hardly played for Leeds ffs! He had a good spell on loan, before having an average period with them after a permanent deal was made. He isn't proven at the top level. Jermaine Defoe isn't proven at the top level either.

He did well in his first few seasons at spurs . Defoe i mean

Irrelevant.

SPurs have always been in the top 6 and have gotten results against top sides

Disclaimer this was when jol took over up till this season ****

He's not proven at the top level.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:15 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Keane is the only feasible signing there, and he's not proven at the top level.

He was playing well when at leeds as i rmb they amde it to the champiosn league and were a top side when they were run by o leary . Very difficult to beat , One more name i'll throw would be the recently signed pompey striker Jermaine defore , fast , Skillfull , very good finisher , proven and adapted to the premier league

He hardly played for Leeds ffs! He had a good spell on loan, before having an average period with them after a permanent deal was made. He isn't proven at the top level. Jermaine Defoe isn't proven at the top level either.

Irrelevant.

Keane 150 goals for spurs in 6 seasons. That's around 25 goals a season in all comps. 15 goals in the league last season...I think 10 this season. It's a decent record for somebody who isn't "proven" at this level.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:33 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Irrelevant.

Keane 150 goals for spurs in 6 seasons. That's around 25 goals a season in all comps. 15 goals in the league last season...I think 10 this season. It's a decent record for somebody who isn't "proven" at this level.

It's a good record, but he's still not proven at the top level.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 am

I disagree there, that is a good record and he is consistent at a top level. i certainly wouldnt disagree with rafa signing him. I rate him very highly.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:

I disagree there, that is a good record and he is consistent at a top level. i certainly wouldnt disagree with rafa signing him. I rate him very highly.

It's besides the point I was making originally, but just to say it again: he's not proven at the top level.  :D
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:50 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

It's besides the point I was making originally, but just to say it again: he's not proven at the top level.  :D

:D

Wheres the wankworld thread that made me laugh !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

u're like a fecking broken radio

instead of saying oh he's not provena t top lvl , put foward some names , who are proven at top lvl in the premiership and are fesiable signings
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

instead of saying oh he's not provena t top lvl , put foward some names , who are proven at top lvl in the premiership and are fesiable signings

How about, read the thread again and see what my original point was?

Cheers.
LFC2007

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:06 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

How the fu.ck is Robbie Keane not proven at the top level?? What more does he have to do to prove himself? 

He's shown season after season that he's a good premiership player and this season has also improved his goals per game ratio.  He's also proven himself at international level for Ireland.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:17 pm

john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

How the fu.ck is Robbie Keane not proven at the top level?? What more does he have to do to prove himself? 

He's shown season after season that he's a good premiership player and this season has also improved his goals per game ratio.  He's also proven himself at international level for Ireland.

If keane is not proven in the top flight...i don't know what to make off kuyt, voronin, alonso (who only had a great 1st season IMO), benayoun, babel...etc... This is a joke.

I will take robbie keane anyday over kuyt, voronin and crouch....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Cheers.

How about you all read the thread again and get back on topic??

Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Cheers.

How about you all read the thread again and get back on topic??

yes... pls get back to the topic...

I would take Obafemi Martins over Robbie Keane   :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:09 pm

john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

How the f.uck is he proven at the top level?

He's not played for a top-four team, he's not played regular Champions League football, he is not proven at the top level and that's a fact. The dynamics of playing in a top four team are completely different to those other teams face.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Crouch should do some modelling.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion