Peter crouch. - I know it's early but........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:02 pm

It looks to me like we might have nicked him at seven million quid. I said a couple of weeks ago that I didn't buy all this stuff about him being "good in the build up play" and all that nonsense. "You should hear what the players say about him. They appreciate the work he does for the team." This is the same tosh that they used to say about Heskey. I'll bet Bruce now wishes that for 6.5 million squid he had bought a striker who scores occasionally.
No, for me strikers must score goals. I said a couple of weeks back that while it was true Crouchino had good touch, I also believed that once he had scored one he would score plenty. Not five or ten, but well into double figures over the course of a season. Whatever the adjudicators say, he has three in the Prem this season sofar. I think he'll score at least another ten, making it a respectable return.

Time to nail your colours to the mast. Who is happy with what they posted about Crouch before we signed him? Anybody feeling full after some Crimbo turkey, along with a big dose of humble pie, because it can't be only me who thinks we are about to have the last laugh on the football world as far as Peter Crouch is concerned.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Before we signed him i was well happy, then when we did i will admit i thought he was a pile of poo.
now i admit, hes doing good for the team, but seeing the difference cisse made when he came on as well im happy with cisse staying at the club also.

crouch has added a whole new dimension to our play tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:07 pm

True man i had to eat my words after i was very harsh to him he has looked class these last few games and will only get better the longer the season goes on his touch is better than people say it is and obviously he is good in the air and scorin goals now and is firmly set in the england squad and barring injury wud go Germany i just wish Cisse would be givin a chance aloungside him or even Pongolle
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:07 pm

I think i was one of the few that was backig him when we signed him. I always new he had it in him. Did you seen how he went for Bowyer after that tackle on Alsono. Crouch has settled in perfectly with the Liverpool squad and i couldnt be happier for him. Not only will he score many im sure Rafa can improve him technically as a player aswell like hes done for people like Traore, Finnan ect and that can only be good for us and maybe England.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:08 pm

I admit i slagged him off many times and thought it was crazy to spend anymore than 4 million on him.I changed my tune after the 0-0 in the champions league a game obviously he didnt score in,but some of his touches and hold up play were sublime.I finally realised what the guy could add to the team
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:15 pm

i hold my hands up i wasn't best pleased when we signed him,but now i am fully paid member of the peter crouch fan club now
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:19 pm

I think one person who deserves all the praise no doubt is Rafa. He was the laughing stock in English football to soem teams and fans after buying Crouch but he had a vision and was determined to make Crouch adjust to his tactics and its working great. Everything what HR said about him when he sold him is true and fair play to HR too.

He said that if you can make a team play around soemone like Crouch you can be unstoppable and this is what is happening now to us. At a first glance you expect him to be scoring with his head all the time but apat from getting his fair share of headers he is actually very tricky and slick on the ball. In fact im going to go so far as to say that hes even better on bal control that Cisse. Its his control on the bal which allows others to break forward that few extra feet and make an attack into a goal.

Im sure 90% are very surprised at the speed at which we have been improviing out consistensuy levels this season and im sure a lot of that is down to Peter Crouch. SGE is another one who has realised that Peter can offer a lot and im certain Crouch will be off to Germany come the summer.

Bottom line i couldnt be happier for the lad. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:20 pm

I believe crouch is a very under estimated player!  He has done umberlievable in recent weeks and those doubters who slated him are having those words rammed back down there throats. He has brought another dimension to the team his ball control is superb for such a tall guy, and i also believe will score close to 15 this season. He never allowed his head to drop and rafa showing faith in him had alot to do with this, How different it is when he has another player to play off him and stevie and others are getting alot closer to the flick on's and reading how is game is. But like i said rafa has to take most of the credit in bringing the best out of him, he knew what he was doing when he signed him, what the player attributes were and now we are seeing the rewards. People said that he couldn't play for a massive club didn't have what it takes but Rafa has to take a bow in signing this great link man, litmanen came and to be honest didn't work under houllier, if crouch had came under houllier same would have probably happened, But in Rafa we have a genious................      :bowdown  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:25 pm

He's scored 5 goals in the last 6 games hasn't he? I didn't like the idea of us signing Crouch but I didn't slate him like many others did. He scored 17 goals in 30 some games last season, and thats better than any of our players from last year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:25 pm

For me the signing of any of our players is propelled by the tactical needs and knowledge of our manager. I'm not grt on tactics and who 'fits what-type' debate, but whilst some like Josemi and Cisse have not quite made the grade (the latters attitude would suggest to be a factor in that faiure thus far too), Crouch has filled an important void, holding up play in the last third and providing excellent link-up play, which has contributed to the flowing football that we are all drooling over and has made the so-called 'pundits' sit-up and take notice.

I did not knock the signing of Crouch, nor dis him when he was not scoring, but I don't knock those who questioned his signing over Owen, either, because the fact is none of you (with respect) are endowed with the tactical insight and knoweldge of Benitez and what he wanted to build at the club and indeed  has instilled in such a short space of time.

An ethic built on a defensive fortress, skillful midfield and strike force (Garcia knockers take note), in which the whole team defends, attacks and scores goals and works hard for each other (take note Cisse)

.. gawd is that Liverpool Football Club, it Damn well is and a lot of ppl are eating humle pie at the moment, including mssrs Hansen and Lawrenson  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:28 pm

:bowdown
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:29 pm

Yeah eveyoes :censored: over us right now arnt they

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:25 pm

tbh i thought crouch was a good player, after all he scored 16 league goals in a struggling team. I wasnt too pleased about the price though, i thought southampton were havin a grin. He has proved to be a class act and i just hope the press fu.ck off and leave him alone the bunch of tw.ats. Anywho am made up for the lad that hes fitted in so well and is finally being appreciated for his qualities by the people who matter the most-the fans. As rafa said '' anyone who doesnt think crouch is a good footballer, doesnt understand football '' :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby ssss » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:45 am

Before we signed him, I knew he was good..obviously strong in the air but more importantly, he has good awareness, and could very well link up play with the midfield if the midfielders are intelligent enuff to run off his layoffs..

Though I was pretty sure he could help us win games in the EPL , I have to admit that I had my doubts on whether he has the quality to 'cut it' in Europe...

So far, he has pleasantly surprised me and it seems he is an integral part of the way we attack..even teams in Europe are finding hard to cope with him..

And this is why, Senor Rafa Benitez is manager of LFC and I'm not..:blues: ...:D.. :pirate
ssss

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:06 am

i never actually slagged him when we signed him, and when he was playing i could see what he was doing for the team. the problem at the time was not crouch, the problem was the formation.

anyway well done to him, he has always performed well and never hid, it was good to see him get stuck in on boxing day (very apt)
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion