Peter crouch - Unused sub, is he on his way?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Peter crouch - Unused sub, is he on his way?

Yes, I reckon a deal's already done and he's off in January
8%
Yes, I reckon he will be offloaded next opportunity
26%
Yes, but not until we've signed a replacement
24%
Nope, he may not be flavour of the month but he's staying
39%
Nope, why sell our best striker? (keep a straight face)
3%

Total votes : 119

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:54 pm

stmichael wrote:i see rafa's come out today and said that we won't be selling crouch in january which makes sense to me. i still think he'll be off in the summer though and as long as we get a decent fee, i think it'll be good business.

Makes little sense to me, unless Rafa is suddenly going to start using Crouch and Crouch is suddenly going to start scoring. How exactly will we get a decent fee? Surely it will decrease the less he plays and/or scores? It is rather hard to score from the bench, although Crouch may as well stay on it with some of his efforts.

Sell now while SGE and others have their sights set on buying in an attempt to buy CL football. If SGE buys a decent striker now then I can't see him going out and signing Crouch in the summer. Crouch is our longest serving striker under Rafa, I think most wouldn't have believed that to be the case when he was appointed. He's a bit part player in the squad, got all of half a dozen minutes yesterday when Rafa belatedly threw on the subs to try and win a game we should have wrapped up long before. Well at least he's rested ahead of the Luton game.................... a hat-trick against them and maybe we'll never get rid of the leg-end
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion