Peter crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby London_Red » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:45 pm

i cant believe even £5mil was ever mentioned for him, hopefully he will stop being linked with us
London_Red

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:11 pm

i don,t think rafa,s going to buy a striker,we have baros cisse morientes and pongolle to come back soon ,there,s other area,s that need addressing urgently like the centre back position,we have no cover for hyypia and carragher.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 pm

mighty mo wrote:i don,t think rafa,s going to buy a striker,we have baros cisse morientes and pongolle to come back soon ,there,s other area,s that need addressing urgently like the centre back position,we have no cover for hyypia and carragher.

i think rafa wants a back up striker in the target man mould for those away games where our passing game just wont get going. with a crouch type option you can afford to play percentage balls and try to build a platform off him.we had plenty of these matches last season where we just couldnt keep the ball near the opposition box like birmingham, palace and city etc, etc and despite people comparing him to heskey crouch is much much better than emile touchwise and is surprisingly very good on the deck for a tall man. i`d rather have crouch on the bench than mellor or pongolle and the way baros is talking these days him too.
he obviously isnt going to be in our front line strike force because i think rafa has cisse and morientes pencilled in but i think he wants a backup that wont moan when not in the team and when he is called upon gives the opposition something to think about. in his little cameo for england he linked play up very well and proved he doesnt look out of place in a decent side. the only stumbling block for me is the price, for a back up striker i wouldnt pay more than 4 million.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby JohnBull » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:23 pm

I cannot believe the smartarses on this site. They all know better than Raffa they all know everything about a player they hardly know but are quite happy to slag him off without considering that if Raffa wants him there must be a reason.
I'd rather trust him than doubt him. Support The Manager For God's Sake !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:44 pm

mkingdom wrote:Rick Parry just said on SSN that there is nothing doing with Crouch!!

He did say that Figo was a possibility, which will become clearer in the next few days.

That's a relief then  :laugh:

Let's just hope that there's something doing with Kuyt,and come on Real,stop p****** about!!
Gracias King Rafa

Postby sinema » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:36 pm

JohnBull wrote:I cannot believe the smartarses on this site. They all know better than Raffa they all know everything about a player they hardly know but are quite happy to slag him off without considering that if Raffa wants him there must be a reason.
I'd rather trust him than doubt him. Support The Manager For God's Sake !

Agreed John Bull.  Crouch seems to be maturing into an accomplished player and is good with the ball at his feet for such a tall guy.  I can't believe people bringing a players looks into the equation - maybe we should never have bought Peter Beardsley by that reckoning.   :D
sinema

Postby dosserboy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Crouch, not a problem for me, but its the price tag (I also dislike Rupert f**king Lowe, who does he think he is) 8 Million for f**k sake!
dosserboy

Postby red4ever&ever » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:33 am

Crouch.........i dunno but the price 4 him seen high
i think that holland guy fit the bill better than Crouch
red4ever&ever

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:47 pm

red4ever&ever wrote:Crouch.........i dunno but the price 4 him seen high
i think that holland guy fit the bill better than Crouch

at least we know crouch is effective in the english game, this dutch bloke kuyt might be another kezman who this time last year was getting touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread after breaking van nistelrooys dutch league goalscoring record.
anyway i think rafa wants a different type of player, from what i`ve seen of this kuyt he looks pretty similar to our front line strikers, i believe rafa wants crouch because he is so different. it makes sense really whats the use of replacing like for like if its obvious the tactics are not working on that particular day. if the defenders aren`t giving our strikers any space with a crouch in there you dont have to find a laser guided pass to make something happen.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:14 pm

Crouch Record:

Tottenham Hotspur:   1998-1999     Played   0     Scored   0   (Premiership)
     1999-2000     Played   0     Scored   0   goals   (Premiership)

Transferred on 28/7/2000 for £60, 000

Q.P.R.:   2000-2001     Played   42     Scored   10   goals   (Division 2)

Transferred on 11/7/2001 for £1, 250, 000

Portsmouth:   2001-2002     Played   37     Scored   18     (Division 1)

Transferred on 28/3/2002 for £4, 000, 000

Aston Villa:   2001-2002     Played   7     Scored   2   goals   (Premiership)
     2002-2003     Played   14     Scored   0   goals   (Premiership)
     2003-2004     Played   16     Scored   4   goals   (Premiership)

Norwich City:   2003-2004     Played   15     Scored   4   goals   (Division 1)   (on   loan)

Transferred on 9/7/2004 for £2, 000, 000

Southampton:   2004-2005     Played   26     Scored   12   goals   (Premiership)

Crouch is a real handful for premiership defenders, any guy that size would be, hes a good target man, and playing for a side with more quality and service such as liverpool hes a 20-25 goal a season man, trust me!
oOShrimpyOo

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 pm

also look at our current strikers....

cisse - everyone comparing him with T. Henry when he first arrived hes no-where near the quality of Henry, i mean i :censored: hat arsenal with a passion but Henry is class, cisse can run...and thats it, his touch is poor, unlike Henry who can actually dribble a ball with lightning pace...enough said

Baros - cannot finish a 1 on 1 with any keeper, how many times he frustrated me last season....get rid of him!

Morientes - touch is class, not as good in the air as everyone was making out, and lacks pace...but i feel is a v good addition to our squad coz he can make things happen with his touch.

so if we were to get crouch, we would have to play him or Moro with cisse simple as that, they are too similar to play together. Also if we do get him i can see alot of goals being made by Crouch knocking headers into cisse's path.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Ball Ache » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:32 pm

I agree with a couple of previous posts.

I do think rafa's playing the percentages here. Crouch, Kuyt and ? are being used against each other. We only need one of them and they have all said they would like to play for LFC.

Crouch would fit into a rotational system, which would give rafa tactical options aswell.
Ball Ache

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion