Peter crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:02 am

"we he" i'm Micheal Jackson :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:19 am

On the subject of Peter Crouch, its important the crowd and the players get behind him and give him all the support he needs on Saturday. Im not arsed what anyone says but if your getting booed on just your 3rd apperance in an england shirt by your oown supporters then its gonna fu*king affect you. But the lads need to show Peter that Liverpool is Number 1 and we are 100% behind him, ive openly said that i am a big england fan on this forum but sh!t like that on Wednesday night makes me wish i didnt.

Im not gonna go into England anymore, all i will say is this, im gonna be there on Saturday and i say to anyone else who will be there, sing Crouchys name like you have never sang before cos the lad will need a bit of a lift and the Kop chanting his name in full voice will soon get his head up and show people how good he can be and why hes good enough to wear the red of Liverpool.

And i predict a Crouch goal in front of the Kop, to make a happy ending to a bad week for the lad.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:36 am

Garymac wrote:On the subject of Peter Crouch, its important the crowd and the players get behind him and give him all the support he needs on Saturday. Im not arsed what anyone says but if your getting booed on just your 3rd apperance in an england shirt by your oown supporters then its gonna fu*king affect you. But the lads need to show Peter that Liverpool is Number 1 and we are 100% behind him, ive openly said that i am a big england fan on this forum but sh!t like that on Wednesday night makes me wish i didnt.

Im not gonna go into England anymore, all i will say is this, im gonna be there on Saturday and i say to anyone else who will be there, sing Crouchys name like you have never sang before cos the lad will need a bit of a lift and the Kop chanting his name in full voice will soon get his head up and show people how good he can be and why hes good enough to wear the red of Liverpool.

And i predict a Crouch goal in front of the Kop, to make a happy ending to a bad week for the lad.

Just goes to show you the shower of shit supporters that follow England.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:55 am

Me no comprende.

First touch as in when you control the ball? because I find him surprisingly good, I wouldn't expect a tall player like him to deal that well when receiving balls.

Or first touch as in when a player touches the ball and does not hold it? I wouldn't expect that from him neither, I'd ask him to lower the ball, hold it and deliver it, which is something I've seen him doing pretty well.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:02 pm

Peter Crouch, here goes.

Clearly he's not going to outpace anybody and he doesn't run the channels which means you have to feed it in to him with his back facing the goal. Given this, the only way Crouch is going to score for you is if the ball is put into the box from wide areas. This can be from a corner, set-piece or cross but he dosn't seem to be the sort of fella that is going to score from any distance so apart from the ball being fed into the penalty area when he's already standing in it, it's unlikely that he will break his duck for us anytime soon. This is of course unless of course he can fashion another of his turns that bamboozled Carvallio the other Sunday.

So how did he score for Southampton then? Well, though they also played him upfront on his own they played a slightly different style to the one which we employ. Firstly, they were largely under the cosh in every game they played and hit teams on the break. They had wide men and full-backs (Telfer and Le saux) who put crosses into the box and people like Prutton were very keen to get beyond Crouch which openened teams up somewhat. If you recall Southamptons two goals at St Marys last season you will remember that for the first, the ball was fed into Crouch who laid it off to Prutton who got beyond him and scored. The second came as Southampton were on the back foot and the fella wide right, (Telfer I think) put in a good cross and Crouch got in between Sami and Carra to score with a good header. Also as the season progressed Redknapp was very keen to get somebody alongside Crouch who had genuine pace and got Camare in for that reason.

For us, I think he has done quite well sofar in a disfunctioning system. The three things that he needs it seems to me, are balls being delivered with quality from wide areas, somebody with pace to play alongside him and to run the channels and for midfield players to get beyond him. At the moment none of the above are happening so Crouch is being used like a garage wall to rebound the ball off as we attack. Any cross that does come in the box sees him usually jumping against two centre halves as we don't get enough players in there quickly enough.

I think Rafa will play with two up top tomorrow. I hope Cisse is one of them because at least that would give Crouch one of the things he needs. My suspicion is that if the Frenchman gets a run in the team, he's not the only one who'll score a few goals. Crouch is a good player guys, when the team starts to play he'll score plenty of goals IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:23 pm

hang on a minute... this thread's all back to front. normally they start with decent posts and end up as gibberish. i blame bigmick.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Good point especially about him getting good quality balls  sent in. Apart from Riise and Gerrard we dont have anyone capable of putting in a high quality cross that will find someone every time. I think Crouch will start scoring soon eventually but when we get some more wingers in Jan then we will see only better performances from Crouch and Morientes. A lack of Wingers in the squad has left Morientes look ordinary but we all know how deadly he is in the air.

WE NEED WINGERS !!!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:00 pm

Rafael Benitez today insisted Peter Crouch retains his full support after the Liverpool striker was jeered playing for England in midweek. 
A small section of England fans booed Crouch when he joined the action against Poland on Wednesday night, much to the dismay of Benitez who has vowed to stand by his striker and encourage him to get better and better in a Liverpool shirt.

"He is a player for my club and for as long as he works hard, he can be sure everyone at the club and our fans will be with him," said Benitez.

"If he doesn't play well, okay, it's my decision and it's my responsibility, not his. For as long as he's on the pitch wearing a Liverpool shirt, and he's trying to do the things I ask of him, I accept all responsibility. And if we don't play to his needs, we must find the solutions.

"I only care about our supporters - not what other supporters in another stadium are saying.

"I was surprised by what happened and it's a pity. Those responsible don't know a lot about football or understand the game.

"If you've watched the games he's played, and listened to the managers, no-one can say anything other than he's a good player.

"As a manager, I'm convinced he's a good player. I don't feel I need to repeat this all the time because if you've watched our games, you can see this.

"The fact he's in the national team shows a lot of people have the same opinion. All the managers who've worked with him talk well about him.

"Maybe there are better players in England or the rest of the world, but he's still a very, very good player and he will do an excellent job for his club and his country.

"If he is a good player for us, he will stay in the national team. The most important thing he needs to know is he has my support." 
----

he has my full support too!

i agree bavlondon we need wingers!!! especially a right one!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion