If you were Peter Crouch, would you sign? - New contract for Crouch..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:13 pm

from SSN

Liverpool are in talks with Peter Crouch over a new deal at Anfield.

Crouch's future at Liverpool has been the subject of intense speculation for some time as the player has struggled to hold down a regular place in Rafa Benitez's side.

The likes of Manchester City and Portsmouth have been linked with the England international, but Liverpool are ready to end speculation over Crouch's future by tying him down to a new long-term contract.

Benitez says talks with Crouch are ongoing and that the player has expressed a desire to remain at the club.

"We have been talking about a new contract with Crouch and the player has told me that he wants to stay," said Benítez.

"The agent was talking to Rick Parry and said that the player wanted to talk."

If you where Peter Crouch would you want to re-sign?? Out of all the players Peter Crouch seems to be the one who has suffered under the management of Rafa Benitez.

It doesn't matter what kind of performance he delivers he rarely plays 2 games in a row.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm

In a heartbeat.

Look at the careers of Cisse, Baros and Bellamy since leaving the club. It's a huge step backwards once you leave a club like LFC. Being a bit part player at Liverpool beats being a first team regular at 99% of other clubs.

In time, I think Rafa will accept that Kuyt isn't ever going to be the goal machine that he paid for, and when that happens I think Crouch has a huge part to play at the club.

He's a fan favourite, he's become a mainstay of the England squad since proving himself here... no brainer as far as I'm concerned. When he plays he's massively important.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Red Indian » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:28 pm

On the one hand i wouldn't. Especially as Kuyt has been terrible this season and Crouch still hasn't got a look in. On the other hand, anywhere but Liverpool will be a step down.  I can't see any of the other big 4 going for him so will he be content in playing for someone like Villa/Man City and scrapping for a Uefa Cup place every year? (mind you we're not far off from them this year, how embarrasing is that).

The other question is, are we happy to be offering mediocre players like Crouch new contracts, surely we should be moving on after the disastrous season we've had.
Red Indian

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:31 pm

If you where Peter Crouch would you want to re-sign??

Depends, I'd have to ask myself "do I want to play regular football ?" If I was happy to sit on the sidelines and collect my money every week then the answer would be yes.

If on the other hand I thought "hold on , I'm an england international who scores goals and there's a load of clubs who'll match my wages and actually play me week in week out " then the answer would be "f'uck off, I'm going to a club that'll not waste the best years off my footballing career"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:38 pm

If I was Crouch I would be looking for a move to Newcastle, plenty of money and first team football.

I think with the present uncertainty at Liverpool we should sign him up, we can always sell him if we do eventually get enough money to buy Eto'o or Villa etc etc.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:53 pm

s@int wrote:If I was Crouch I would be looking for a move to Newcastle,

:no

I'd have my agent talking to Man City first.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Crouch should sign. Especially with Benitez' job being under threat. If Benitez left then Crouch would sign instantly IMO.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:09 pm

if i was peter crouch i wouldnt get out of bed after seeing his missus

he should go for a lot of money so we can get sopmeone more compatible with us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:28 pm

Yeah. I'd be looking forward to impressing a new manager next season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:12 pm

If I were him I'd stay put.

He'll never play at a bigger club and if he has ambitions to win trophies, then he'd better stay with us rather than go to Newcastle or Man City.

If however his ambitions are to simply play week in week out or even money, then maybe he should move.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:18 pm

If i were Peter Crouch i would be only interested in one thing.....

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:29 pm

john craig wrote:If I were him I'd stay put.

He'll never play at a bigger club

Never PLAY at a bigger club ?   
:laugh:

Maybe the irony is lost on you.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 pm

I think he means none of the other top 4 clubs would sign him. Well never say never but I think he should stay. Thing is if DIC take over and if we end up buying another top class striker in the summer it will only mean maybe less chances for him. Then again I dont know whats goingto happen to Voronin. Id rather we have Torres, + 1 other top stiker, Crouch and just someone from the reserves whos decent enough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:If i were Peter Crouch i would be only interested in one thing.....

It's the age old story.

Ugly guy who's wealthy, wants a woman for her attractive body.

Woman with an attractive body, wants ugly guy for his wealth.

As it should be.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 pm

The first question I would ask if I was Peter Crouch is would moving to a club where I get regular football guarantee I would get the service and would it cost me my england place?

Im not Peter Crouch so sod england !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion