Peter crouch - Unused sub, is he on his way?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Peter crouch - Unused sub, is he on his way?

Yes, I reckon a deal's already done and he's off in January
8%
Yes, I reckon he will be offloaded next opportunity
26%
Yes, but not until we've signed a replacement
24%
Nope, he may not be flavour of the month but he's staying
39%
Nope, why sell our best striker? (keep a straight face)
3%

Total votes : 119

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:16 am

Well we were a man up and Crouch wasn't called upon against Everton, not one of the three substitutions Rafa made while we were chasing a win. We didn't score the winner until virtually the last meaningful kick of the game and left a striker on the bench.

Is this a sign he's on his way? Will he go? Should he go? Is he worth more to us in transfer fees or as a striker/option? There's more injections of cash within the Premiership so more clubs could afford him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:24 am

Sadly (as I rate him more than you Owzy mate) I think he's on his way. It's also sadly as it leaves us with effectively three strikers not four until then if Rafa isn't going to play him in the league, which he clearly isn't. Something has fairly obviously happened behind the scenes, and it must have been fairly recently as I'm sure he would have been sold in the Summer had Rafa known then that he wasn't going to play him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am

I think Crouch is as good as gone if he doesn't play in Turkey. Its sad really as I would back Crouch to outscore Kuyt over a season given equal opportunities. In all honesty I don't think any of our strikers apart from Torres are really of Liverpool quality, and I hope to see further strengthening in this area.

I am not sure what Crouch has done to fall so far out of favour, but he has hardly delivered this season on the few occasions he has played. The problem as I see it is that his value is dropping like a stone at the moment, and I think we will be lucky to get what we paid for him now. The days of values of £15/20 Million being banded about are long gone.

I voted offloaded at next opportunity.
account deleted by request

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:59 am

I voted offload next oppurtunity.

Why he isnt getting played is behond me. Although he had a chance against marseille and was :censored: but Sissoko was aswell. I think he will go and a reeplacement needs to be brought in and i mean a class replacement.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:01 pm

I voted " Nope, he may not be flavour of the month but he's staying "

I think he shouldn't go. If he wants to leave and doesn't have patience to fight his place and rol, then let him go, if he tries to fight and stay, then I welcome him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:09 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:I voted offload next oppurtunity.

Doubt if we have to "offload" him mate. After his failure to get even a bit of a game yesterday, don't be surprised if the fella says he wants to walk , and I for one wouldn't blame him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 pm

i feel that we should keep peter if we can, some SMALL CLUBS like to sit deep at thus we can play peter and pump in long balls hoping that he can head one in , then again many pl teams already know his trick thus its not really advisable .

European opositions is when we shud really use him , during those games we can rest torres and release crouch on them... what do you guys think?

Even if we sell him who do you think can or should replace him??
We only can maybe get abt 8 million for him as his contract is up in the summer.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:08 pm

Offloaded at next available opportunity.

That's what I feel at any rate. As many have said in this and other threads, something must have happenned between him and Rafa recently that has caused this apparent alienation. Not that I feel we should be rid but only a reality check on what I think will happen.

I was surprised when we signed him but pleasantly surprised with the quality of work that he's done for us up till the start of the season. As such, if he does go, either by choice or surplus to requirements, then I wish him well.... He did the biz for us and has been shoddily treated imo... (based on whatever data that is presently available of course, not being privvy to the going ons at the club...  :D )
ConnO'var

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:39 pm

I've also voted offloaded at next available opportunity (ie come january), as I think he has (rightly so) become disillusioned with life at the club, so he himself will want to go. Furthermore I think Rafa is ready to cash in on him, as his treatment of Crouch this season is exactly the reason why the lad has become disillusioned with the whole situation. It does somehow seem that he is slowly being "forced" out like Cisse etc. As he has only got 1 ½ year left of his contract come january, we'll need to either sell him or get him a new contract, and it doesn't look like the last possibility is going to happen atm. I just wonder if Rafa has already got some replacement lined up for him?

This being said, I still feel he'll be involved from time to time up until january, and he will probably start against Besiktas, as Rafa does seem to rate his contribution in the european games. Personally I also think he should start against Arsenal, given the fact that he tore them apart last season at Anfield, and I remember Toure saying, that he gave the Arsenal defence an incredibly hard time.
JamCar05

Postby europian-kings » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:44 pm

i will be really surprised if he is here next season. newcastle were once interested in crouchy. maybe owen for crochy?  :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:52 pm

yea thats what i have said , hope it really come true :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Not currently flavour of the month, he will not leave in January. IMO.
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Not currently flavour of the month, he will not leave in January. IMO.

all depends on how newcastle do bewteen now and then if u ask me, as i know sams been sniffing around for ages. and i know we not a selling club but if silly money comes our way, wed be stupid not to take it if the guy cant get a game
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Not currently flavour of the month, he will not leave in January. IMO.

all depends on how newcastle do bewteen now and then if u ask me, as i know sams been sniffing around for ages. and i know we not a selling club but if silly money comes our way, wed be stupid not to take it if the guy cant get a game

When did you first meet Sam?
LFC2007

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:I voted offload next oppurtunity.

Doubt if we have to "offload" him mate. After his failure to get even a bit of a game yesterday, don't be surprised if the fella says he wants to walk , and I for one wouldn't blame him.

Yeah but if he wen to a club like Newcastle where they have the likes off Viduka Owen and Martins would he really get a game there ??? i dont think he would want to leave because being at a club like liverpool however little he plays the england manager will always turn to player who are at 'BIG CLUBS'

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion