Sell but only if a big (£10m) offer comes in
9%
Give him another season
27%
Keep playing him until he scores
5%

Total votes : 139

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Good players dont go bad, they just play out of position.

If he´s not a prolific goal scorer then is he at fault, his role, or is he out of position?
If he´s a workhorse then why not move him to right wing (bye-bye Pennant) and give Babel a chance up front?

Sammy Lee worked like a dog and Kuyt kinda reminds me of him - and no one ever wanted to drop Sammy.

I voted to give him another season for this reason.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:43 pm

We'll get 5M + for him no problem. He's a hard working lad and it's great quality to have in a player.  There will be plenty of takers.  He just isn't good enough for Liverpool FC.
Rockthekop

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:56 pm

He can never be accused of not trying but when he's been bought to provide goals and isn't delivering (and it can't be said he's not had the chances - just see this seasons Blackburn game) then I'm afraid he must go.
If there's any truth to the rumour that the barcodes are gonna offer £5 million for him then I say snap their hands off.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:49 pm

oh...sh1t. Looks like rafa really wants kuyt to stay.....

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=578652

The Liverpool boss admitted that the ex Feyenoord star is likely undergoing a period of self doubt, but suggested that he will be given a big chance to redeem himself against Chelsea on the weekend in light of the injury to Fernando Torres.

"Everybody was saying that Torres and (Peter) Crouch did well last week, but I will have to change that plan now with probably Dirk Kuyt involved. It will not be rotation now, but something I will have to do.

"I have no problems with Kuyt. He is a fantastic professional, a worker, so he does an important job for the team. If Torres or (Steven) Gerrard score goals it is because Kuyt is working so hard.

"He's OK. He would like to score more goals and I would like him to score more but I have every confidence in him.

"There maybe is a problem with confidence, but if we create better chances he will score.

"When strikers score they are happy, they score the winner and everybody is happy and they get man of the match awards, and that is because when you are talking about strikers everybody only talks about goals, not the work they do."

Kuyt, who has now gone 12 games without a goal, will be all the more desperate to rediscover his scoring touch after having been omitted from Holland manager Marco van Basten’s
latest squad.

For his part, the 27-year-old has attributed his scoring slump to personal grief off the field stemming from the passing of his father from cancer back in June of last year.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:01 pm

The_Rock wrote:oh...sh1t. Looks like rafa really wants kuyt to stay.....

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=578652

The Liverpool boss admitted that the ex Feyenoord star is likely undergoing a period of self doubt, but suggested that he will be given a big chance to redeem himself against Chelsea on the weekend in light of the injury to Fernando Torres.

"Everybody was saying that Torres and (Peter) Crouch did well last week, but I will have to change that plan now with probably Dirk Kuyt involved. It will not be rotation now, but something I will have to do.

"I have no problems with Kuyt. He is a fantastic professional, a worker, so he does an important job for the team. If Torres or (Steven) Gerrard score goals it is because Kuyt is working so hard.

"He's OK. He would like to score more goals and I would like him to score more but I have every confidence in him.

"There maybe is a problem with confidence, but if we create better chances he will score.

"When strikers score they are happy, they score the winner and everybody is happy and they get man of the match awards, and that is because when you are talking about strikers everybody only talks about goals, not the work they do."

Kuyt, who has now gone 12 games without a goal, will be all the more desperate to rediscover his scoring touch after having been omitted from Holland manager Marco van Basten’s
latest squad.

For his part, the 27-year-old has attributed his scoring slump to personal grief off the field stemming from the passing of his father from cancer back in June of last year.

why do people say "let rafa stay and in the summer get rid of players like kuyt".  They go on like rafa doesnt really want to play him but he has to.  Rafa plays kuyt cos he rates kuyt.  Hard to believe but so true.
puroresu

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:03 pm

Kuyt's been one of the worst strikers in the premier league this season, and that's no exaggeration.  We are a team that do create a lot of chances, but his inability to get into goalscoring positions or to stick the ball in the net when he does get a chance has gone beyond the joke.  Works hard, plays for the team and gives 110% every game - all good qualities, but to be perfectly honest there are probably amateur footballers who could do that job for a lot less money than we are paying Kuyt.  He has to be sold.

He was good at Feyenoord but I'm afraid it's the Dutch league/Kezman scenario all over again.  It's not happening for him here and for his own sake and ours he needs a move and quick.  He's already lost his place in the Dutch squad.

Hate to say I told you so lads, but I said after the last world cup we shouldn't sign this guy - he was awful then and that was his first test against top opposition.  'Don't judge him one one tournament I was told - he's great for Feyenoord'. When are people going to learn that looking good in the Dutch league doesn't necessarily equate to success in the Premiership?  I'll then admit that after his first 10 or so games for us I thought maybe I'd misjudged him, as he looked half decent - good hold up play and a few goals.  But by the end of last season it was apparent to me that my initial presumption was correct - not good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:06 pm

john craig wrote:Kuyt's been one of the worst strikers in the premier league this season, and that's no exaggeration.  We are a team that do create a lot of chances, but his inability to get into goalscoring positions or to stick the ball in the net when he does get a chance has gone beyond the joke.  Works hard, plays for the team and gives 110% every game - all good qualities, but to be perfectly honest there are probably amateur footballers who could do that job for a lot less money than we are paying Kuyt.  He has to be sold.

He was good at Feyenoord but I'm afraid it's the Dutch league/Kezman scenario all over again.  It's not happening for him here and for his own sake and ours he needs a move and quick.  He's already lost his place in the Dutch squad.

Hate to say I told you so lads, but I said after the last world cup we shouldn't sign this guy - he was awful then and that was his first test against top opposition.  'Don't judge him one one tournament I was told - he's great for Feyenoord'. When are people going to learn that looking good in the Dutch league doesn't necessarily equate to success in the Premiership?  I'll then admit that after his first 10 or so games for us I thought maybe I'd misjudged him, as he looked half decent - good hold up play and a few goals.  But by the end of last season it was apparent to me that my initial presumption was correct - not good enough.

Doesn't matter what we think.....rafa rates him a lot.... :sniffle

We should sack the scout who recommended kuyt.....  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Sell him at any price, and get him off the wage bill and out of the club. I can't see us getting the 10 million back for him, but I'd take any price for him.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:21 pm

TBH Kuyt's a good lad, and previous to this season had a good goal scoring record,but he is absolute
sh..te at the moment, his first touch is not the best but he works his gonad's off.

Honestly i think with two world class wingers to provide the balls to the front two thier would
be absolutely no need for Kuyt to wonder into midfield and get the ball, i think not only is
Kuyt suffering from a crisis of confidence i also think he has suffered due to the role that Rafa ask's
him to do, i just think that if he can get one goal he confidence will return.

I suppose i feel really sorry for the lad it's just so many facters that are goin against him at the moment
he might come through the other side or in turn will be sold to the highest bidder.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Dirk Kuyt: My pain and struggle at Liverpool
By David Maddock 08/02/2008

The Dutch striker, who has scored just three league goals this season, has suffered a dip in form and confidence following the death of his dad, Gerrit, from cancer in June.

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't affected me, because it obviously has," Kuyt explained.

"He was my biggest supporter and someone I always turned to for advice. I know if he was here right now he'd help me with the difficulties I have been having on the field.

"Naturally it's had a major impact on my life but at the same time my performances just haven't been good enough.

"It's my job to score goals and I haven't done that on a regular basis. Now I've got to keep going and turn this situation around."

Liverpool will be without star striker Fernando Torres for 10 days with a hamstring tear - ruling him out of Sunday's trip to Chelsea. He picked up the injury during Spain's 1-0 win over France on Wednesday.
account deleted by request

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:42 pm

I could accept the death of his old man for the start of the season, but death is something we have to deal with every day. We move on, I can't tell me boss that I can't decorate a house today because me dad died 8 months a go. Truth is Kuyt isn't up to it at Anfield.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:46 pm

And where does Kuyt say he hasn't been performing because his father died?

He doesn't, so don't try and have a sly little dig at the guy, making out he's using it as an excuse for his poor performances.

In case you missed it;

"Naturally it's had a major impact on my life but at the same time my performances just haven't been good enough."
LFC2007

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:48 pm

s@int wrote:Dirk Kuyt: My pain and struggle at Liverpool
By David Maddock 08/02/2008

The Dutch striker, who has scored just three league goals this season, has suffered a dip in form and confidence following the death of his dad, Gerrit, from cancer in June.

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't affected me, because it obviously has," Kuyt explained.

"He was my biggest supporter and someone I always turned to for advice. I know if he was here right now he'd help me with the difficulties I have been having on the field.

"Naturally it's had a major impact on my life but at the same time my performances just haven't been good enough.

"It's my job to score goals and I haven't done that on a regular basis. Now I've got to keep going and turn this situation around."

Liverpool will be without star striker Fernando Torres for 10 days with a hamstring tear - ruling him out of Sunday's trip to Chelsea. He picked up the injury during Spain's 1-0 win over France on Wednesday.

i read that today and the statement you'll never walk alone came into my head,

fair do's to the lad he has tried his best when every picked and as far as i know didn't take any time away from the squad to grieve and sort himself out. and in an age where players are nursemaid in every asspect and still blame it on confidence

look at SG when all the rumours about him were bringing his level right down all the fans turned on the cause and not the player

for me dirk needs to say to rafa "i wanna play down the middle and sniff out chances , as i am no winger or skillfull beat three defenders striker i need to start getting shots on target and not  d!cking about on the wing or defending"

he does seem to be at an all time low at the minute but can he turn it round , i think yes as you don't get in the dutch team regularly if you can't play abit, liverpool fans like many others seem to be quick on calling players the worst this and that, i hold my hand up to that on occasion(kewell,pennant)

for me rafa needs to give dirk so reserve games to get back to basics of striking and if he can't do it there then it is time to sell, and give the scouts a big kick in the knackers
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby FRfanatic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:51 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:We move on, I can't tell me boss that I can't decorate a house today because me dad died 8 months a go. Truth is Kuyt isn't up to it at Anfield.

You would if people like collegues and  customers would complain on the internet about the work you delivered  :D
FRfanatic

Postby Yessicajax » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:14 pm

i think kuyt is a "ok" player. (i know i know..its me who said this,haha)But he just play bad cause of his dad... Pretty sad if u ask me.
Maybe he just needs help from a doctor...
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion