DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue May 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:11 pm wrote:The goals dried up this year

in fairness, that could be said for the whole team. skrtel scored more than most of our midfield players :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

The Good Yank » Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 am wrote:The goals dried up this year

Of course they did.  A bit difficult to score from the bench  :p

He didnt exactly light up the prem when he started though did he
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm

woof woof ! » Tue May 22, 2012 3:05 pm wrote:Even the most successful teams usually include a couple of "water boys" i.e not blessed with bags of talent/technique but awash with the stamina and determination to do all the fetching and carrying, they're the guys that grind away and help provide a foundation for the more "talented" players to perform on.

Why the f*ck are we mugging him off ?

Yeah Kuyt has p'issed us all of at some stage or another during his career at LFC but not once has anybody been able to say he wasn't giving 100%. Lost count of the times I'd rather have seen Kuyt starting ahead of the likes of Downing or Henderson .

As far as players that have pi.ssed me off at some stage or another during their career Dirk is way down on my list. Yes he has his shortcomings but my go.d compared to some of the lazy fkrs he is exceptional. Both Dirk and Maxi should have been used a lot more and just maybe Kenny would still have a job?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Kharhaz » Tue May 22, 2012 12:43 am wrote:
Penguins » Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am wrote:Dear god no. Never a Liverpool player imo. He worked hard, I'll give him that.
Failed miserably as a striker for big money and has shown he has 0 technique and can break down more offensive moves than any other.
I just hope he leaves and we can get rid of this overpaid player.

Of course he failed as a striker, he was played on the wing. By Rafa, who you want back, to manage the club....

No, he was played as a striker for 1 and a half season and failed miserably, which is why he was put on the right wing, cause we didn't have anyone else and we couldn't just sell him at a huge loss.
Noone has ever wanted him and the money bandied about that we could get is just bull. We'll be lucky if we can get rid of his huge wage.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ste1977 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 am

will be surprised if he gets another season, has been a good servant but even as a squad player it is difficult to justify someone lacking so many key skills with our ambitions
ste1977
LFC Basic Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Looks like he is off to Fenerbache
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:02 pm

If true , good luck to him and thank you for everything you put into the club
Benny The Noon

Postby C-R » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Good luck for the future Dirk, thanks for everything youve given for the club, YNWA
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Breaking news on Sky Sports now that Fenerbahce announced they have signed him. Wish the fella all the best, he worked his ***** off for the Reds over the last six years and he always popped up with important goals at vital times, such an important big game player.
Last edited by burjennio on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks for the memories Kuyt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Just heard the news. Well he has been a good servant for this club. The timing is just about right for him to move to other pastures (he has declined a lot as a footballer).

Did we get any fees for him ? or we let him go on a free ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:23 pm

If it's true that Kuyt is off, I wish him all the best in Turkey.  He's had some ups and downs in front of net but the fella was an absolute workhorse on the pitch and a great servant of the club throughout his time at Anfield.  He will be missed.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Good luck Dirk. Thanks for the memories: Chelsea semi; Champions league final; hattrick against the Mancs; winner against the Mancs; Carling cup final; last minute winner against the ***** etc etc, the list goes on. YNWA.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 pm

he was nowhere near the best player i`ve ever seen at anfield but the fella had a big heart and he`d run all day and never give in.
whenever he had a bad game you knew it wasnt down to lack of effort and when he did have a really good game it tended to be in the bigger occassions when we were struggling and needed someone to step up to the plate. he scored some huge goals for this club including in champions league finals, champions league semi finals, champions league quarter finals, carling cup finals, derby games and even the first hat trick against man united since the days of ocean liners and airships. i think it was fitting that he read out at the hillsborough memorial last april.
he`ll leave here with everyone`s love and respect and he earned that the hard way, he wasnt a fernando torres or xabi alonso, he wasnt a rolls royce of a footballer who the game came natural to, dirk had to earn that love and respect the hard way and he can leave here knowing that he did that.
like luis garcia dirk has carved himself a niche as a cult figure at anfield and in the future people wont remember his good games or even his bad games they`ll just remember him never giving in.
good luck dirk YNWA
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crim cram » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:57 pm

A good lad, positive and seemed to genuinely enjoy his football.  Good luck Dirk, YNWA........ :)
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion