DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 am

Any player who always give 100% for the shirt will almost certainly be the benefactor of the Kops undiminished respect .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 am

I think Dirk Kuyt is a credit to Liverpool Football Club and deserves nothing but 100% respect from all Liverpool supporters. Sadly there are still some who can't see the wood for the trees and will forever pour scorn on his contribution to the club.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Kalou claims Kuyt wants to be re-united at Feyenoord.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Valid points here....but he should be sold
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Always been a fan of his on and off the field attitude. He is a fantastic example of how a professional footballer should behave.Very disappointed that he has been overlooked this season to Henderson who is still learning and has failed to convince as yet.

I wouldn't blame Dirk if he went. He want's to play first team football and deserves to.
Last edited by devaney on Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 am

A few seasons ago he was the whipping boy for most fans venting their frustrations with the team and what was going wrong. To be honest I was one of those frustrated with his ability and first touch but there is one thing I can not fault him on and that is his work rate.

I have never seen Dirk drop his head and mope around the field unlike a certain 50 million dollar Judas c**t that use to play for us. On and off the field he epitomises professionalism, a trait that is becoming more and more rare these days. And the last thing that I have to say about him and probably the most important is his standing as a true team player, how many times have you seen a scuffle or argument between our lads and the other team when Dirk has come running into back our side. I have lost count as he is usually the first and always has his team mates back when it matters.

Will miss the Dirka Dirka when he is gone  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 am

Dirk Kuyt great man and true professional HOWEVER if he isnt good enough for the 1st team and doesnt want to be on the bench.

Just feels like putting down a puppy riddled with aids. Its sad but the right thing to do

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am

RichardLFC1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 am wrote:Dirk Kuyt great man and true professional HOWEVER if he isnt good enough for the 1st team and doesnt want to be on the bench.

Just feels like putting down a puppy riddled with aids. Its sad but the right thing to do

That's just wrong on all accounts.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt snubs interest from Feyenoord

• Liverpool forward believes move would be a step back
• Kuyt is unwilling to dramatically lower his wages

The Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has ruled out a return to Feyenoord in the immediate future because he feels it would be a step back in his career.

The 31-year-old Holland international is almost certain to leave Anfield this summer after struggling to hold down a first-team place under the manager Kenny Dalglish. Last month, Kuyt was seen having talks with the Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel, prompting reports he would sign for the Rotterdam club. However, although the player admits he considered a move back to his former club, he believes he still has much to offer a top European side.

"The fact I held talks with Feyenoord indicates I wanted to give it a serious chance," he told AD Sportwereld. "But in many ways the gap is too great at this moment in time. If I returned to Holland, I would have to take an 80% cut in my Liverpool wages.

"If you are 35 or 36, you know your career is almost done. But I'm only 31 and in the prime of my life. I still have two or three years left at the top. I still have the ambition and fitness to play at the highest level, a club in a major competition or a big club with European ambitions

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... -feyenoord
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 am wrote:Dirk Kuyt great man and true professional HOWEVER if he isnt good enough for the 1st team and doesnt want to be on the bench.

go away you horrible tw@t.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 14, 2012 1:42 pm

there just comes a time when a player has nothing more to give a team and now that time has arrived for dirk.i like the guy and think he is a good professional but he isnt able to hold down a starting spot and when you consider his wages for sitting on the bench it makes sense to let him go.we could sign a young fresh,energetic,hungry player on half of what he gets and improve the team.
i think the club will however try to move him on but if he has turned down a move to feyonoord because of wages then thats a problem as he might just sit here and block any move.
he has been a great servant but we do need better and i cant see him improving on this season so if we have any ambitions of being serious of top 4 next year we need to say goodbye.
best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 14, 2012 2:58 pm

it wouldnt bother me if he stayed just as long as he is aware that he`s going to be a bit part player, you know what you are going get from him and he`s not a bad option to bring off the bench if you need a goal in a big game or you need to close a game down.
if he stayed i imagine he would still get a fair amount of gametime in the europa league, league cup and F.A cup because i think we are going to throw everything at getting 4th next year so we still need squad players to play in those games.
the good thing is you know he`s not the type to take the p1$$ out of the club, if he decides to stay as a squad player you know he`ll give that role 100%, he wont just sit there and pick up his wages and sulk.
i think we need players like kuyt next season
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 14, 2012 9:28 pm

right on cue in the daily mirror kenny says he wants maxi and dirk to stay, he said with our season starting early in the qualifying rounds of the europa league and with all the other cup and league games we are going to have to play a lot of games next season.
the playing on a thursday then a sunday thing is back as well, i can see him leaving the likes of suarez in liverpool for a lot of those european games to save him for the league so i can understand kenny wanting to keep the likes of dirk and maxi.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:

go away you horrible tw@t.

Fu'Ck off Dick'head

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 am

maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion