Match ratings for newcastle - aka the Dirk Kuyt pop thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Owzat wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Lucas was ok against PSV, nothing more

I rarely reply in this manner, but what absolute bo||ocks.

PSV were poor, but Lucas was outstanding against PSV. His passing was excellent, his movement likewise and he put in the work as well. His free-kick to set up Babel's equalising header came just when we needed it. His performance deserved a goal to cap it off, but he was my MOTM in that game. Controlled the midfield like Gerrard normally does

Clutching at straws.

I'm all for giving praise where its deserved. The Newcastle game was the first time Lucas deserved it. Massive difference in that and the :censored: he's served in other games, the PSV performance was nothing special what so ever.

With the exception of the free kick there was no moments of quality, there may have been steadyness and consistency in play, but no quality, yesterday he did actually show bits of class in his performance. Passes, movements and even touches.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:19 pm

I saw the best away game for a while on sunday. I admit Newcastle were :censored: and they have been smacked by many teams this year. Very nice to see the accurate and quick passing game going on at the moment. Newcastle couldn't put any real pressure on our players. My ratings would be as follows

Reina 7
reliable and solid goalkeeper. number one in world football right now? fantastic distribution.

Carra 6
right back is not his best position. no real contribution going forward and his passes is almost certain to go backwards or sideways

Hyypia 8
as long as he is challenged by quick technical players he can do his usual business by controlling the back 4 and he is always dangerous on set pieces

Agger 7
good player. will he be an lfc player in 2009? he should.

Insua 7
the real trademark of a well functioning team is the ability to change a player or two and still perform as a unit. insua has done well. and some may be thinking that he has the ability to make that position his own for the next 10 years.

Benayoun 8
creative spark on the right. good passing and movement.

Gerrard 9
two goals and a couple of assists. should be enough to warrant MOM and a 9.

Lucas 8
one of his best games. godd passing and movement. calm and composed. i think he is quality.

Masch 8
business as usual

Babel 7
made room for others as they doubled up on him. he is trying. i like players like that.

Kuyt 7
as usual no goal treath but i will give him the benefit of a doubt this time since the others provided the goals. hard work as always, but lacking in quality. i do think lfc need more than kuyt offers, but i suppose we won't get that until next year at least.

Alonso 7
Ngog & Skrtl not rated
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion