DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Tue May 15, 2012 5:49 pm

red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm wrote:
mart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Kuyt has also been massively poor whenever he has started this season

The team has been massively poor and Kuyt has never been the kind of player that does everything by himself. If we get back to playing the type of football he is good at, and get some competent midfielders i think he will be a good player for us for another couple of seasons.

seriously do you really think he could be an important player here for another couple of seasons?
is he going to get any faster?.
is his control going to get any better? or maybe his passing? or link up play? or even his conversion rate?.
id like to know why you think we should change our game to suit a very inconsistent 31yr old who's best days are behind him?.

He has never been fast and he has never really needed to be. His link up play, and workrate is pretty good, thats why he has played most matches for the Netherlands even if they have a load of faster and more technical wingers to chose from. We dont have to change our game to suit Kuyt, but we should change our game to suit Suarez and that would suit Kuyt as well. If we get some competent midfielders that can pass the ball around i'm sure Kuyt will fit right in as usual.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 6:19 pm

red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm wrote:
mart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Kuyt has also been massively poor whenever he has started this season

The team has been massively poor and Kuyt has never been the kind of player that does everything by himself. If we get back to playing the type of football he is good at, and get some competent midfielders i think he will be a good player for us for another couple of seasons.

seriously do you really think he could be an important player here for another couple of seasons?
is he going to get any faster?.
is his control going to get any better? or maybe his passing? or link up play? or even his conversion rate?.
id like to know why you think we should change our game to suit a very inconsistent 31yr old who's best days are behind him?.

He has never been fast and he has never really needed to be. His link up play, and workrate is pretty good, thats why he has played most matches for the Netherlands even if they have a load of faster and more technical wingers to chose from. We dont have to change our game to suit Kuyt, but we should change our game to suit Suarez and that would suit Kuyt as well. If we get some competent midfielders that can pass the ball around i'm sure Kuyt will fit right in as usual.[/quote]

the fact is that he didnt fit in this season and if he remains here it will be even less in the next.
his workrate isnt what it used to be and play breaks down around him way too much.over the last 2 seasons he has deteoriated at an alarming rate,he gets overlooked from the bench a lot in favour of others and id much rather see us offload and replace him with better who can push the likes of henderson and downing for a place.kuyt wont do this so he will be nothing more than a bit part as he's not going to improve because he's 31 not 10 years younger.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Tue May 15, 2012 6:58 pm

red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 pm wrote:the fact is that he didnt fit in this season and if he remains here it will be even less in the next.

I dont know what you think about the rest of the team that has sucked all season then. The only players that fit in this season has been agger,skrtel, johnson and enrique(at least for most of it).
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 pm

personally id keep him, he isn't the worst player we have and and still come up with a few goals, also he is worth more to the club than 1m
brentd4

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm

mart » Tue May 15, 2012 6:58 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 pm wrote:the fact is that he didnt fit in this season and if he remains here it will be even less in the next.

I dont know what you think about the rest of the team that has sucked all season then. The only players that fit in this season has been agger,skrtel, johnson and enrique(at least for most of it).

its nothing to do with the rest of the team as most have done ok for periods.i just feel that kuyts position is one that we can do better in and we would be better served if we let him go and signed a replacement that will push henderson or downing for a place wide or kuyt for a place up front or wide.
henderson and downing as bad as they have been are younger and have potential to improve.if we sign 2 replacements that are better than them it would make our bench much stronger.id rather going forward that we had bench warmers like hendo and steu than maxi and kuyt.
we need a change of personnel if we are to improve next season cos if we head into that with the same squad then we can expect a similar campaign.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 am

The thing is, Kuyt is a wild card, and that's the very reason he is so useful. You know what you can expect of him. Put him in a good team and he will do his job and add value to the team with his work rate and pressuring the opponents. Put him in a bad team like this season's and he will still do his job but he won't transform the team. He is not a key player but a very good role player. If he plays in a good team, he will also chip in with the odd important goals...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Dirk Kuyt has suggested he could stay at Liverpool next season.

Kuyt, 31, has a break clause in his contract which would allow him to leave for around £1 million this summer. After being a bit-part player under Kenny Dalglish it was thought he would opt to move on.

The Netherlands international made 22 Premier League starts this season, and featured in 12 games from the bench, but felt he would become increasingly marginalised.

With Dalglish sacked by owners Fenway Sports Group, Kuyt could be open to extending his six-year association with the Merseyside club.

"I hope I can stay with Liverpool," he told Algemeen Dagblad. "But that's what I said the last couple of months.

"With Dalglish as manager I didn't have the illusion he would let me start next season. We have to wait and see now. I'm not sure yet what Liverpool will do with this manager vacancy."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Penguins » Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am

Dear god no. Never a Liverpool player imo. He worked hard, I'll give him that.
Failed miserably as a striker for big money and has shown he has 0 technique and can break down more offensive moves than any other.
I just hope he leaves and we can get rid of this overpaid player.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue May 22, 2012 1:43 am

Penguins » Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am wrote:Dear god no. Never a Liverpool player imo. He worked hard, I'll give him that.
Failed miserably as a striker for big money and has shown he has 0 technique and can break down more offensive moves than any other.
I just hope he leaves and we can get rid of this overpaid player.

Of course he failed as a striker, he was played on the wing. By Rafa, who you want back, to manage the club....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 22, 2012 6:17 am

You would never think that Kuyt is the player who scored the winning goal against Man United in the FA Cup along with many other very important goals both domestically and in Europe. Absolutely worked his bo.llucks off for the club. Deserves a lot better than the rubbish that is written by the likes of Penguins on here. Kuyt has always been the scapegoat when the team are playing badly but seldom given the credit he warrants when he has played well.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 am

Lads, he admitted himself if he went back to Holland he'd get A QUARTER of his current salary - of course he wants to stay for another year ffs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Even the most successful teams usually include a couple of "water boys" i.e not blessed with bags of talent/technique but awash with the stamina and determination to do all the fetching and carrying, they're the guys that grind away and help provide a foundation for the more "talented" players to perform on.

Why the f*ck are we mugging him off ?

Yeah Kuyt has p'issed us all of at some stage or another during his career at LFC but not once has anybody been able to say he wasn't giving 100%. Lost count of the times I'd rather have seen Kuyt starting ahead of the likes of Downing or Henderson .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

park ji sung with goals  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The goals dried up this year
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 am wrote:The goals dried up this year

Of course they did.  A bit difficult to score from the bench  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion