DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Tue May 15, 2012 7:52 am

supersub » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 am wrote:I think Dirk Kuyt is a credit to Liverpool Football Club and deserves nothing but 100% respect from all Liverpool supporters. Sadly there are still some who can't see the wood for the trees and will forever pour scorn on his contribution to the club.

Are you referring to Kenny because in my opinion the way he has used Dirk this season has not been effective. I don't think Kenny pours scorn on his contribution but he clearly isn't a fan. Henderson has been poor for the most part this season and has nearly always started ahead of Dirk which has baffled me. The same applies to Maxi and Downing.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am

Kuyt has also been massively poor whenever he has started this season
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am

Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Kuyt has also been massively poor whenever he has started this season

Personally I think his confidence has been trashed because of the way he has been constantly overlooked with the very poor Henderson usually getting the nod.

Don't really think he has been that much better or worse than the rest of the team but that isn't necessarily saying a great deal!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 am

devaney » Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Kuyt has also been massively poor whenever he has started this season

Personally I think his confidence has been trashed because of the way he has been constantly overlooked with the very poor Henderson usually getting the nod.

Don't really think he has been that much better or worse than the rest of the team but that isn't necessarily saying a great deal!

Kuyt has started plenty of games and has constantly been poor . I think I counted it was 27 starts in the prem and since the start of jan we always lost with him starting.

I am a very big fan of him and have defended him for years whilst people crucified him on a daily basis but this season he has been one if our worst players and he goals dried up
Benny The Noon

Postby Kukilon » Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 am

Kuyt have still been twice the playes Henderson have been so ofcourse he should have gotten the nod before him at least. They way both of them have been playing none of them deserves to start.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 am

SSN reporting this morning that there's an article in the S*N with Kuyt allegedly criticising Kenny and saying he's being forced out of the club.

Haven't (and won't) read the article due to where it's printed, but I'm surprised at Kuyt if it's true.  Firstly for speaking to that paper and secondly for criticising the mnager publicly.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 am

Benny The Noon » Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 am wrote:
devaney » Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am wrote:

Kuyt has started plenty of games and has constantly been poor . I think I counted it was 27 starts in the prem and since the start of jan we always lost with him starting.

I am a very big fan of him and have defended him for years whilst people crucified him on a daily basis but this season he has been one if our worst players and he goals dried up

are you sure? 27 starts in a 38 game season? can't be true... maybe it's games played starting + sub appearance...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 15, 2012 11:54 am

john craig » Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 am wrote:SSN reporting this morning that there's an article in the S*N with Kuyt allegedly criticising Kenny and saying he's being forced out of the club.

Haven't (and won't) read the article due to where it's printed, but I'm surprised at Kuyt if it's true.  Firstly for speaking to that paper and secondly for criticising the mnager publicly.

i cant see dirk giving them an interview, more than likely he was talking to a crowd of journo`s and a s*n reporter was in there.
he`s been at the club for years and recently even read out at the hillsborough memorial.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 15, 2012 12:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am wrote:
john craig » Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 am wrote:SSN reporting this morning that there's an article in the S*N with Kuyt allegedly criticising Kenny and saying he's being forced out of the club.

i cant see dirk giving them an interview, more than likely he was talking to a crowd of journo`s and a s*n reporter was in there.
he`s been at the club for years and recently even read out at the hillsborough memorial.

the link i posted a page back.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am wrote:

the link i posted a page back.

apparently the s*n are using dirks interview with the dutch paper sportsweld (or something like that!) as the basis of their story. dirk didnt give them an interview.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 pm

Feck the s*n...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm

maguskwt » Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 am wrote:
are you sure? 27 starts in a 38 game season? can't be true... maybe it's games played starting + sub appearance...

Its 25 starts in all competitions.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm

The team has been massively poor and Kuyt has never been the kind of player that does everything by himself. If we get back to playing the type of football he is good at, and get some competent midfielders i think he will be a good player for us for another couple of seasons.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

john craig » Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 am wrote:SSN reporting this morning that there's an article in the S*N with Kuyt allegedly criticising Kenny and saying he's being forced out of the club.

i agree.
bad decision by dirk if he's done either :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

mart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm wrote:

The team has been massively poor and Kuyt has never been the kind of player that does everything by himself. If we get back to playing the type of football he is good at, and get some competent midfielders i think he will be a good player for us for another couple of seasons.

seriously do you really think he could be an important player here for another couple of seasons?
is he going to get any faster?.
is his control going to get any better? or maybe his passing? or link up play? or even his conversion rate?.
id like to know why you think we should change our game to suit a very inconsistent 31yr old who's best days are behind him?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion