DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Get well soon D'Agger.. see ya next season !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:33 am

gutted just heard the news

its unfortunate for him to miss virtually an entire season through injury in his development stage and even more unfortunate for us as hes top draw
hopefully he will be back for pre-season and it will be like a new signing for us because i think noone doubts how good he is and he will certainly improve the team
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:40 am

Huge dissapointment. Great young player with tons of ability. Hope all goes well for him.
Thingy

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:24 am

bloody hell , really terrible news . Agger was supposed to play again this season , but i suppose its better to get surgery and get the problem sorted out asap , so that he can return to his best form .

All the best agger , cya for next season .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:20 am

In Rafa's recent interview:

We know Daniel Agger is out for the rest of the season - can you just give us a bit more detail about his situation?

We were expecting to see him very soon because he was playing with the reserve team. But after every game he was feeling pain so the doctor we spoke to said he could carry on with the pain because the operation would be the last thing to consider. But he couldn't continue so on Monday he will have an operation and although he will miss the rest of the season, he should be ready for the start of the next season.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:35 pm

It's disappointing for the lad and for us to be sure--he's a talented player and has skills on the ball that none of our other CBs quite match.  That said, I think this could be a tiny blessing in disguise.  The last thing we need during this run-in--as we face a challenging time in both the league and the CL--is to worry about working another CB into the mix.  We've already got Carra moving to RB on occasion to accommodate Skrtel and I just don't want to see any more experiments.  Skrtel seems very solid and is adapting quickly, whilst Sami has been immense and we all know Carra's quality.  Perhaps having the Dane out of the picture until the pre-season will keep things nice and simple.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Anybody heard anything about agger not going for a drug test and thus being suspended (and this injury is just a cover-up) ?

This is a day for conspiracies..  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:It's disappointing for the lad and for us to be sure--he's a talented player and has skills on the ball that none of our other CBs quite match.  That said, I think this could be a tiny blessing in disguise.  The last thing we need during this run-in--as we face a challenging time in both the league and the CL--is to worry about working another CB into the mix.  We've already got Carra moving to RB on occasion to accommodate Skrtel and I just don't want to see any more experiments.  Skrtel seems very solid and is adapting quickly, whilst Sami has been immense and we all know Carra's quality.  Perhaps having the Dane out of the picture until the pre-season will keep things nice and simple.

That's not a bad shout actually Bob.

The best thing Rafa can do from now until the end of the season is not muck around with the team, and the defence especially.  Knowing Rafa he might not be able to resist temptation with another centre back available :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I am a big fan of Agger and it's a shame for the lad.  From what I've seen of Skrtel though I'm almost equally impressed, and Hyypia is playing as well as he did in the 2005 Champions League run, so with 10 league games and the Champions league games to go I think we'll cope ok without Agger and we'll have him fit and raring to go next season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Best of luck to the lad with the operation. I'm really gutted for Agger to have a season like this at such a young age (though it is of course never something you would want to happen to anyone regardless of age) and with him being an important first team regular in our team (who provides something to our game play, that no one else from defence is able to). But I guess it's better for him to have the operation now, so he'll be fully fit for the coming season. That way he'll be able to play a huge part in us finally conquering the PL crown :cool:  I just hope this isn't going to be something, which will follow him around his entire career :(  Good luck Dan Agger, YNWA.
JamCar05

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:31 pm

The_Rock wrote:Anybody heard anything about agger not going for a drug test and thus being suspended (and this injury is just a cover-up) ?

This is a day for conspiracies..  :p

have heard similar. hope he gets betetr but something tells me its more than whats being said... be it a worse injury or something else altogether.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 pm

mmm I heard somethin bout drugs and gangsters daughters, obviously bollox but a rumour none the less
Last edited by neil on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:16 am

Well he was supposed to have had the op today
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VamosRafa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:09 am

neil wrote:mmm I heard somethin bout drugs and gangsters daughters, obviously bollox but a rumour none the less

Ye i heard rumours that he was an alcoholic ages ago wen he first got injured, probably rubbish. Still it has been frustrating not having him especially when Hypia went through a rough patch and we had to draught Hobbs into the team
VamosRafa

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 am

Liverpool player out with long term injury, bitters start a nasty rumour or two to amuse their simple minds. Some bitter commented on a forum I go on, he latched onto a Liverpool fan saying "I think there may be more to this" and off goes the bitter saying about how him and his mates had been discussing it and then he went off on one about drugs.

Funny how Neville has been out for ages and none of this cr ap comes up about him, or wild speculation about other footballers being pedos etc. People love slinging mud at Liverpool, the bitters are loving this season as they can go on about what a god moyes is and how they've not spent any money and are up with us who've spent lots (err, check your stats bitters, everton are up there with the teams around them in terms of spending. spudz and the barcodes have spent more and are having shockers, otherwise you're where your spending would suggest you should be)

Hopefully Agger will get sorted for next season, no point hoping he'll be back this.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:34 pm

I don't believe any of those silly rumours, simple as. Agger seems like a model pro everytime I hear him speak, and as Owzat says it's probably just something started by the bitters to have a bit of a wind up. It is amazing how quickly such rumours flourish around and gather momentum these days though (thanks in no small part to various Internet-forums). And if we contribute to bandid these silly things around on this site, we just increase the possibility that this (in my eyes completely) non-story, will suddenly end up in one of the sunday rags with the classic quotes from "a source close to one of the players" allegedly confirming it or something like that. Completely rubbish, if you ask me (but then you didn't, I guess  :D )
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion