Daniel Agger

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:15 pm

damjan193 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 pm wrote:What other CB that is better than Agger would come to us? 25m or more means nothing if we can't replace him. We shouldn't be selling our best players if we don't have to, no matter the price.

i agree mate, we`ve already lost carragher, reina and probably suarez and skrtel this summer, we could do without any more senior pro`s leaving.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 pm

damjan193 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 pm wrote:What other CB that is better than Agger would come to us? 25m or more means nothing if we can't replace him. We shouldn't be selling our best players if we don't have to, no matter the price.

No matter that would actually comes to us. If the bid does reach £25mil though I would be surprised if its turned down and would certainly test Aggers resolve
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:48 pm

I'd not sell him. He's vital to the team. Pure class, the type Barcelona would want. He's as loyal and professional as they come. Rare, invaluable qualities that our young lads will be learning.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:12 pm

New Vice Captain - Congrats to him , fully deserved
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:12 pm wrote:New Vice Captain - Congrats to him , fully deserved

yeah, well deserved, he`s been here 7/8 years now and has been top class.
we all know how highly rated he is by the best clubs on the continent but when he was linked with a move to barca or bayern last season his response was to get YNWA tattoo`ed across his fingers, this season barca`s mouthpiece `sport` splash a big picture of him right across the front cover but instead of angling for a move he accepts the vice captaincy.
wish we had 11 danny aggers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Yeah he has always been massively talented - Shame he was robbed off a couple years through injury. Also remember that second semi final against the Chavs - he had a torrid time against an inspired Drogba in the first leg but had the final say in the second semi - as close to Jocky as we have had

I hope Barce don't bid silly money for him
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has today revealed that centre-back Daniel Agger has been appointed as the club's new vice-captain.

The Danish defender replaces Jamie Carragher in the role following the 35-year-old's retirement at the conclusion of the 2012-13 campaign.

Rodgers revealed in July that he was considering a number of candidates for the position and he confirmed the decision to appoint Agger before the Reds departed for Dublin on Friday.

Rodgers told LFC TV: "The job of the captain and vice-captain here at Liverpool is very, very important.

"I wanted to give myself time over the course of the pre-season to assess a number of the players and obviously Daniel was one of them.

"His loyalty and his passion for Liverpool is second to none. And if you add that on to his footballing qualities, then I think it's a good choice for everybody."

The 28-year-old joined the club in January 2006 from Brondby and has since made a total of 209 appearances in Liverpool colours, scoring 12 goals.

Agger played in the 2007 Champions League final and collected his first major trophy at Anfield when the Reds won the 2011-12 League Cup at Wembley.

The Denmark skipper signed a new long-term contract with the Reds in October 2012 and played 35 league matches last season - his highest since joining the club.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news ... ce-captain
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Love the guy. Deserves a title with us almost as much as the skipper
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Quality player and loyal, a rarity in today's game.  Good choice as vice captain.  And with Gerrard's age there's a good chance he'll be club captain one day.

But for several injury ravaged seasons he might be even better.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:25 am

Agger deserves to stay at Liverpool, and I'm sure he wants to.  Thrilled he's been named vice captain- it's fully deserved. He's one of those players I just can't see playing for another club, like Stevie.

Behind Stevie he's easily my second favorite LFC player.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dundreamin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:54 am

We all dream of a team of Aggers ( sorry Carra )
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion