Daniel agger...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby EddieC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:And I thought it would be dull around here without CM/Oasis! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of, look what "Charmless Man" just PMed me!

" :censored: OFF CANADIAN FC YOU AINT GOT NO HISTORY, YOU ONLY WHO FOWLER IS YOU KUNT!"

:D

Just got one too:

:censored: OFF :censored:

Gotta be Oasis, he's the only person I've ever fallen out with here.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:32 pm

EddieC wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:And I thought it would be dull around here without CM/Oasis! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of, look what "Charmless Man" just PMed me!

" :censored: OFF CANADIAN FC YOU AINT GOT NO HISTORY, YOU ONLY WHO FOWLER IS YOU KUNT!"

:D

Just got one too:

:censored: OFF :censored:

Gotta be Oasis, he's the only person I've ever fallen out with here.

Didn't realize you could still PM people after you'd been banned!  :D

What a pathetic case...banned but still lurking about, wasting his time with lame PMs.  Get a life Oasis!  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:18 pm

IMMENSE AGGER IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT
Liverpool Echo 13 December 2006 

IF Daniel Agger was English, or playing for a club in London, there are some national journalists who'd probably be bidding for the rights to write his autobiography by now. 

It's probably to Liverpool's advantage Agger has slipped somewhat unnoticed (beyond Merseyside) into Rafa Benitez's first team.

His situation isn't unlike that of Momo Sissoko. Speak to Liverpool fans, and they'll rave about what they're seeing.

Go beyond the city and mention these two youngsters, and there'sso little attention on them, hardly anyone realises how good they've been and could become.

I suspect that's exactly how the players, and Benitez, likes it. The more publicity a youngster gets, sometimes the more pressure he is under.

Agger enjoyed another superb afternoon at Anfield on Saturday, playing his part in two of the goals.

It's a huge bonus for the manager to have a defender who can contribute at both ends of the park.

You find the best teams always have this kind of player. Chelsea have it now with John Terry, while if you look through most title winning teams through the years, it's amazing how many attack-minded central defenders have played a key role.

At Liverpool, we were fortunate to have so many defenders who fancied their chances of scoring or creating goals as much as stopping them.

Alan Hansen was a legend in this role, of course. He never scored many, but he was recognised as much for his ability to start attacks as keep strikers out.

Our full-backs were even better at finding the net than some modern strikers.

Phil Neal and Alan Kennedy were always capable of getting forward and scoring at crucial times, particularly in European Cup Finals.

You never felt under too much pressure as a striker at Liverpool if you went a couple of games without scoring, because you knew every other element of the team was contributing its fair share.

Agger is the type of player who can bring this trend back.

I'd been told by Jan Molby when we signed Agger that he would prove a great buy.

You always expect it will take some time, but for him to already force himself in ahead of a crowd favourite like Sami Hyypia shows how quickly he's progressed.

Agger faced a daunting challenge when he arrived. Centre-half is one of those positions where a youngster is more vulnerable, because mistakes can be morecostly, but he'sestablished already.

Now he just needs to work on that Scouse accent. He can't match Big Jan in that department yet, but I'm reliably informed he's giving him lessons.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IRISHFAN » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 pm

I thought this thread was about Dan 'The Dan' Agger? I think he's got the potential to be the best defender in England, if not Europe. So much composure for a 21-year-old centre back. The way he comfortably comes forward and is prepared to take players on - but only in their half. Beckenbauer, anyone?
IRISHFAN

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:31 pm

I think Agger has been brilliant this season to be honest.  Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen him play this season.  He has been right up there, if not our best player.

In fact, against Fulham, everything the lad touched seemed to turn to gold, he was bringing it out from defence all day, and looping perfect balls up our left wing for people to chase.  Like Hansen in his prime.  The only reason the whole country isn't speaking about him is because he's from up here and not London, where your arse is kissed by the media.  Similar to Sissoko last season.

And by the way, don't tell me it was only Fulham, you can only beat what's in front of you, and the boy is going to be a special player for us.  Besides, he's been consistently playing like that all season.

And I'm not reading anything in this thread previous to this.  I'm sick of clearing up peoples arguments.  I've lost the will to do it.  If you want to argue on an internet forum and threaten each other it says a lot about you.
jonnymac1979

Postby JC_81 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:05 pm

First of all, great to see ya back Stu mate!  I might come on here more often now to read some vintage AB-Stu debates!

On the subject of Agger, quality player from what I've seen.  But again, some here are going a bit OTT.  He's prone to the odd blunder like all young centre backs are and it will probably take a couple of seasons for him to mature and cut that out of his game.  He reads the game well and can have an impact in the opposition half which is great.  He will never be particularly quick and will never be aerially dominant, although he can improve the latter. 

The key for us a few years down the line will be finding him a good partner for centre half.  Much like Carra, he will need someone alongside him who can challenge for the high balls and allow him to play his natural game of tidying up behind a more dominant defender.  Long term I dont think he and Carra are a good partnership.  Neither are great aerially (although we've been spoilt in this department by having Sami).  Carra's form has suffered this season imo because he is having to take more responsibility in going and winning things in the air when played alongside Agger, which is not his strength.  Eventually we have to find a solution to not having Hyypia to deal with aerial threats, and it won't be Agger.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:01 am

i'm just saying that this team is by far the strongest team we've ever had by far since 1990.

Plus minus couple of players next season or two and you'll know what i mean.

Or when we win this year CL??
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:46 am

I like the Liverpool Echo, they write sense.

I think that finding a replacement for the Carra Hyypia couple was a hard task. And we have an excellent player in Agger. For me, his signing up is as important as the Xabi Alonso one. Time will tell!

But watch out all the way isn't done. The centre back position is a sensible one. He'll have to have the confidence of the people, and we must have patience with him. I think he has the ability to ge out of the defence with the ball controlled. We have lost many balls this season due to Hyypia trying to do passes that he shouldn't. Far too many. I hope Agger wins hierarchy in the team soon and start taking responsabilities, but as I say we'd better be careful with him. Step by step.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Sabre wrote:I like the Liverpool Echo, they write sense.

I think that finding a replacement for the Carra Hyypia couple was a hard task. And we have an excellent player in Agger. For me, his signing up is as important as the Xabi Alonso one. Time will tell!

But watch out all the way isn't done. The centre back position is a sensible one. He'll have to have the confidence of the people, and we must have patience with him. I think he has the ability to ge out of the defence with the ball controlled. We have lost many balls this season due to Hyypia trying to do passes that he shouldn't. Far too many. I hope Agger wins hierarchy in the team soon and start taking responsabilities, but as I say we'd better be careful with him. Step by step.

Are you drunk? 

You grammar's normally better than mine, but that doesn't make sense... :D
83-1165214211

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:32 pm

He was a great signing,comon the reds
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:35 am

As good as Agger is, he seems like a bit of a miserable so and so according to the " big interview " bit on the official page. He seems to talk about his future ambitions a fair bit outside of football (not only in this interview ) and doesn't seem to want anyone to know. A bit odd really. Sure he just likes to keep to himself, I just found some of his answers kind of strange. But in the end of the day, class player, and really thats all that matters.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby RedBlood » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:12 am

Agger will probally come close to 'PFA young player of the year' this season

unless he gets sh.it on like sissoko last year
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:38 am

nice piece on Agger from the Daily post:

Agger wants to be new Great Dane Dec 15 2006

By Christopher Beesley Daily Post Staff

DANIEL AGGER has declared that he wants to follow in the footsteps of his countryman Jan Molby and spend the best years of his career at Anfield.

Molby made more than 300 appearances for Liverpool between 1984-96 while Agger, who turned 22 on Tuesday, is close to celebrating his first anniversary with Liverpool since arriving from Brondby for a club record £5.8million fee for a defender in last season's January transfer window.

And as he reviews his debut year in the Premiership, the Danish international has revealed that he sees his long-term future with Rafael Benitez's side.

He said: "I hope to be here for many years.

"I don't like moving around and when I'm at one place I like to stay.

"I like it here, not only on the pitch but also off it.

I think I'm doing it pretty good. I like it here.

"I like the people here when I walk around the city. When I came here everyone was so nice and wanted to help.

"Maybe the only bad thing is the weather. It seems to be raining all the time."

Despite the big money nature of his switch to Anfield, Agger knew that he would have to bide his time before breaking the Jamie Carragher-Sami Hyypia combination in central defence but he realises that he has plenty to learn from the pair.

Agger said: "When I came to this club I knew there were two world class defenders.

"First of all I said I wanted to fight for my place, but then I also said I could learn lots from them. If you learn from the best you can be the best. "They have been here for many years and have lots of experience, so I can still learn a lot from them.

"Every training session and every game I try to listen to them and do what they tell me to do. "I know I play in my own way and that's why Liverpool bought me, but I try to pick up pieces from their games and mix it all together."

However, Agger's progress on to the big stage has been such this season that he has already figured in 19 matches throughout the current campaign meaning veteran Hyypia has sometimes been left on the bench.

Agger said: "My career has been two years so far and everything has happened so quickly.

"Two-and-a-half years ago I never dreamed I'd be a footballer.

"I was still at school with all my friends.

"As a footballer you have to live with the pressure.

Every time you walk on to the pitch, especially at a big club like Liverpool, you want to win."
Last edited by red37 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion