DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Franky000 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm

A lot of people outside the club don’t realise just how good he was at his peak - the technique on the guy was world class and he always seemed to score out of nowhere. Glad he finally has a medal to his name.
Franky000

Postby Red Rum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Would not surprise me if he went to a lesser club, played regularly and banged in 20+ goals next season.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:14 pm

He has been dogged with injuries even before he came and 6 years later he isn't any better. He had that one season alongside Suarez where he was out of this world but looked a pale shadow of that since. Klopp questioned him when he first came about physical injuries being in his head and that was telling as to how Jurgen rated him and its no surprise his appearances were severely limited since then. Behind it all I don't think they got on to well despite what the managers says to the media.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Then that would be a perfect match for DS and the lesser club, because potentially he would win the golden boot and help that team raise their profile. I'm sure you will be cheering him on next season whichever lesser club he's at.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:55 pm

I don't think he's fit enough or robust enough to lead the line for even a mid table side these days, where ever he goes I suspect it will be as a back up to some other striker. Can anyone honestly see him playing 38 straight games without picking up an injury?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Danny's Farewell Message...

What can I say… It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club. We were together for seven seasons and took a little break in between. We had a lot of highs and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now.

I wanna say to the fans I love you all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

To my teammates old and new, thank you for the memories, the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a goodbye because Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am, so speak soon.

To the coaching staff, thank you for everything, pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be, that goes for both old and new. Special shout out to the managers, Jürgen and Brendan, for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be.

The fitness and medical department, thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated. I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media.

Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small, you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England. Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly, Andy Massey, you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood, thank you for all the hours you put in behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special shout out to my other mothers, Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham, thanks [for] making life easier from boots to gear, top men!

Ray, Jane, Rachael and Louise, I’ll miss you guys, just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me.

To FSG, you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Special mention for Mike Gordon, who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football. Tom Werner, you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie. John W Henry, thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool. Lastly, Mike Edwards, who was a big part in recruiting me to the club. Had some great banter with you over the years.

I’m so happy I was a part of the club’s sixth Champions League win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and [the] club during my tenure.

I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club. Thank you for the memories.

Much love,

Daniel
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm wrote:I don't think he's fit enough or robust enough to lead the line for even a mid table side these days, where ever he goes I suspect it will be as a back up to some other striker. Can anyone honestly see him playing 38 straight games without picking up an injury?

Not on your Nellie.
He reminds me of Darren Anderton. Gifted player but injured far too often. Couldn't expect him to play more than two games in a row.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:45 am

Great player when fully fit and firing on all cylinders. Probably one of the best finishers I've seen at Anfield too. The guy had a knack for finding the net.

Sad it's come to an end, but glad he's leaving on a high. And am sure he'll get a warm welcome everytime he returns with his new club.

Really hope he tries his hand in Italy or Spain. He's lost a few yards and a slower pace and warmer climate might see him back to his best.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion