Daniel Agger

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby primodua » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:25 am

yeah, juve already set their eyes on this lad. he must be that good then

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:29 am

stu_the_red wrote:Name a northern european player player better than Xabi.

Notice he mentioned defenders...and Xabi is not exactly a defender is he? But I do agree our Xabi is good, so good I wouldn't swap him for anyone we don't already got at his position

BOODIDDY wrote:Not seen much of Agger but it always pleases me when we go for the more scandinavian defenders rather than the latin ones cos ability wise the latin ones have great composure but they dont like it ugly . Not all are like this but i just prefer the northern europeans
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 am

yeah, juve already set their eyes on this lad. he must be that good then

What ? Shi*T ! Rafa if you read this "Don't wait , go and get him"
LiverpoolMadman

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:30 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:What ? Shi*T ! Rafa if you read this "Don't wait , go and get him"

What do you mean IF Rafa reads this. I reckon he logs on here just to read your fascinating insights Madman. i know I do.  :eyebrow
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:35 am

5 million is a bit steep for a player who is relatively unknown.

Comparatively, Vidic is already well known as one of the defenders for Serbia and Montenegro which only conceded 1 goal in 10 WC qualifying games in a group which included Spain, with manure in the mix, his price rose to 7.2 million from only a 4.5 million buy-out clause.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:11 am

What do you mean IF Rafa reads this. I reckon he logs on here just to read your fascinating insights Madman. i know I do.   

:angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby darwisigila » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:18 am

[quote]

Name a northern european player player better than Xabi.

JAN MOLBY
darwisigila

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:10 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Why would a promising young international be happy to leave the club he is 1st choice at, to sit on our bench for the rest of a World Cup season? (Assuming Denmark qualified!) If he signs, Agger will be expecting to play regularly.

If he does sign, Sami will be the European CB, and Agger the Premiership one. (Cup-tied.)

I think Rafa may suprise everyone with his signings over the next couple of weeks.

They didn't qualify so we don't have to worry about that. Which is quite sad since they have a great team.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Erica » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 am

BOODIDDY wrote:Not seen much of Agger but it always pleases me when we go for the more scandinavian defenders rather than the latin ones cos ability wise the latin ones have great composure but they dont like it ugly . Not all are like this but i just prefer the northern europeans

First thing I would like to say that if this young player is a good one. I hope we sign him to defend our Liverpool shirt.

Second thing I will tell you what "Latin" means:

Latin: relating to the peoples or countries using Romance languages;  specifically   : of or relating to the peoples or countries of Latin America

Than means that when you say a latin defender you are referring to defenders not only in Spain (Puyol) or Italy (Nesta), but also to defenders, for example, from Argentina  (Ayala,Milito) and Brazil (Lucio), and also from defenders from France, Rumania, Uruguay...
Erica

Postby ajooba » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:08 pm

When Southampton signed Andreas Jakobsson before the transfer deadline last year people thought that Brondby would have serious problems. They didnt had the time to sign another player so Daniel Agger was given his debut and from the first match he suprised allmost everybody. A Brondby coach said "When he has played 10 matches nobody will talk about Andreas Jakobsson" and indeed he was right. Daniel Agger continued playing amazing. Left footed, strong header, good tecnique, not as quick but not slow either. Personally I just waited for him to make a big mistake but he just didnt. He scored 5 goals. 2 of them was in match where Brondby was down 3-1, then Michael Laudrup put Agger up in the attack and he scored 2 goals to draw 3-3. He also scored the first goal in Brondbys 5-0 win over FC Copenhagen, the rivals of them all and that match really gave Brondby the championship. They also won the national cup. Before his injury in semptember he also made his debut for the danish national team and scored against England in august. In Brondby last match against Palermo on december 15th he returned in second half of the game which Brondby lost 3-0 and he did fine. He is now considered as one of big talents in Denmark ever and we did have the Laudrup brothers and Peter Schmeichel. And by the way, when he was a youngster he also played as an attacker and sometimes he even played for the second team so he wasnt anything big when he was a youngster, just another Brondby talent but that has really changed

Im a Brondby fan and Im just very interested to see whats going to happen about him. There has been rumours for a long time but it seems serious now. In my point of view he needs some matches to fully recover. Everybody do after 3 months break. He of course needs to adapt to a higher tempo and maybe he need some more muscle as well but im very optimistic seeing him in Liverpool
ajooba

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:24 pm

Looks like a good signing for us ...lets see how he develops at LFC.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:10 am

I imagine that if we do sign Agger, Rafa will look for a more experienced CB aswell, just for the short term.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:00 am

I imagine that if we do sign Agger, Rafa will look for a more experienced CB aswell, just for the short term

I don't think so ...Carra, Sami and Agger will be rotate, depends who we are facing . Any news when we going to sign him ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Sounds good, Danish talent of the year award apparently

Lets hope we get him and he put a serious challenge on our two solid rocks.

If he does he has to be good.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:36 pm

I hope this transfer goes through as he looks to be a very solid player. Also his age provides us with long term security at the back. With him being young as well, can you imagine two better teachers than Sami and Carra? At Liverpool he will develop into a far better player than anyone can anticipate.
jammydodger

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion