DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:51 pm

It won't matter if he makes it to the WC or not as no one is going to part with any sort of money for him. What club in their right mind would pay a transfer fee and then his wages for him to occupy a treatment table for the duration of his contract. He is out of contract with us in june 19 so imo he will end up returning from the baggies and we will try to loan him out again but will more than likely have to subsidise his wage.

Anyway surely he isn't in contention for a squad place at the WC  :glare:
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 6542
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 am

When he was our go to guy , after Suarez left, he gave us nothing. Shearer spoke about mental strength when discussing him. Nuff said.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4202
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:30 pm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm

We've invested alot of time and money on Sturridge and got very little back in the last few years. I'd release him from his mega contract on a free. As a fan I've supported him and hoped he'd get back to his best, but it's never gonna happen. Injuries have well and truly took it's toll.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: Barnsley

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:We've invested alot of time and money on Sturridge and got very little back in the last few years. I'd release him from his mega contract on a free. As a fan I've supported him and hoped he'd get back to his best, but it's never gonna happen. Injuries have well and truly took it's toll.

Release him?  He's never going to agree, without a huge payoff.

Best thing we can hope for is another loan or free transfer. He's finished as a top draw player, sadly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11609
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Can’t really get on board the Sturridge train like some of you have. He may have picked off 2 or 3 goals for us last season but he looked completely out of sync with the intensity of the games. He looked physically and mentally shot and it will take more than a couple of goals in pre-season friendlies to convince me otherwise. Can see that he might be useful off the bench towards the end of certain games but I’d put Shaqiri into the starting 11 if one of the front 3 get injured. Even Solanke if we need someone to perform Firmino’s role. Pretty sure Sturridge told Klopp/Edwards that he’ll see out the final year of his lucrative contract and Klopp isn’t the type to ostracise those that haven’t done anything wrong.
Image

i think yes what about you
User avatar
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4556
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:47 pm
Location: i think yes what about you

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:Can’t really get on board the Sturridge train like some of you have. He may have picked off 2 or 3 goals for us last season but he looked completely out of sync with the intensity of the games. He looked physically and mentally shot and it will take more than a couple of goals in pre-season friendlies to convince me otherwise. Can see that he might be useful off the bench towards the end of certain games but I’d put Shaqiri into the starting 11 if one of the front 3 get injured. Even Solanke if we need someone to perform Firmino’s role. Pretty sure Sturridge told Klopp/Edwards that he’ll see out the final year of his lucrative contract and Klopp isn’t the type to ostracise those that haven’t done anything wrong.

I imagine he'll get a few games, before getting injured again and then struggling to get anywhere near the first 11.

Imagine his LFC career will end with a wet fart as he's loaned out/given a free in January to whoever will take him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11609
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I think Daniel smells a medal this season and a keen Daniel Sturridge is a potent weapon when used wisely ,couldn't believe it was the same player when I witnessed him chasing back into midfield and retrieving possession with a deft interception a challenge duly noted by the Kop. Whisper it quietly but it looks for all the world that he has something to prove to Liverpools new stellar cast and that he's used to mixing with such company.
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8212
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby mart » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Just wait a few minutes and he will get injured again.
mart
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:32 am

I hope he stays fit and healthy this season. He can make a huge impact on our success if he stay out of the hospital.

Give Studge a full season and even with matches here and there im sure he will bang in 15+ goals easy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:21 am

He looks more motivated and up for it than I've ever seen him, he's playing with a smile on his face. Probably something to do with the humble pie he has been eating for the last few years and the fact his contract is running out and he needs to play for his career. Whatever his new found motivation can only be good for us as a top form Sturridge is an asset.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby Franky000 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 pm

What a fucking belter...he’s an absolute natural. Sadly I don’t think he can play week in week out as his body won’t allow it, but he will get more important goals for sure.
Franky000
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Quality. You won't see Salah score a goal quite like that.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Franky000 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:38 pm wrote:What a fucking belter...he’s an absolute natural. Sadly I don’t think he can play week in week out as his body won’t allow it, but he will get more important goals for sure.

He's serving his purpose so far. Can't play week in week out, but is scoring goals almost every time he plays, few important ones too (vs PSG and today vs. Chelsea).

I'd give him another start vs. Napoli on Wednesday as a reward. Mane looks like he could use a rest.
damjan193
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 6881
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:26 am

RBG -  I am not sure that Danny is smelling a medal this season but what I am sure of is that he is desperately trying to get the smell of West Brom out of his system. Klopp became so frustrated with Danny and understandably that he simply wanted him out of the club.  I do not think for one minute that Klopp expected to see a highly motivated and determined Danny turn up for pre season training and just how well he would play in the pre season matches. Let’s face it if any reasonable offers had come in for Danny Liverpool would have let him go. The West Brom experience clearly showed Danny exactly what he was going to be missing if he was to leave Liverpool. He now for the first time in a long time actually looks like he wants to be a part of Klopp’s project. He’s taken a long time to buy into the system but he is definitely getting there. Keep it up Danny. Yesterday you showered just how important you are to Liverpool FC.

I don’t know how many of you remember Stu who we lost to cancer not long ago. Stu constantly claimed that Danny would make an excellent impact sub and many including myself suggested that he was talking rubbish. Well Stu if you’re look down then I hope you had a little giggle from your cloud yesterday  :laugh:
JUST A REMINDER !!
Net Spend Over The Last Three Years from summer 2016:
LFC £88m (last 5 years £157m)
Everton £138m (last 5 years £207m)
Arsenal £143m
Spurs £51m
Chelsea £228m
Man City £373m !!!!!!
Man United £268m !!!
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:41 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:26 am wrote:RBG -  I am not sure that Danny is smelling a medal this season but what I am sure of is that he is desperately trying to get the smell of West Brom out of his system. Klopp became so frustrated with Danny and understandably that he simply wanted him out of the club.  I do not think for one minute that Klopp expected to see a highly motivated and determined Danny turn up for pre season training and just how well he would play in the pre season matches. Let’s face it if any reasonable offers had come in for Danny Liverpool would have let him go. The West Brom experience clearly showed Danny exactly what he was going to be missing if he was to leave Liverpool. He now for the first time in a long time actually looks like he wants to be a part of Klopp’s project. He’s taken a long time to buy into the system but he is definitely getting there. Keep it up Danny. Yesterday you showered just how important you are to Liverpool FC.

I don’t know how many of you remember Stu who we lost to cancer not long ago. Stu constantly claimed that Danny would make an excellent impact sub and many including myself suggested that he was talking rubbish. Well Stu if you’re look down then I hope you had a little giggle from your cloud yesterday  :laugh:


I miss Stu's candid but at times blunt honesty,the kid was a one off and the forum is poorer in his absence  :(
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8212
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 22 guests

  • Advertisement
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!