DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 pm

it is time to announce we have re sign diouf, dundee,walters,heggam,djimi,igor,and torban pinic

cause today is just :censored:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm

FFS!  :veryangry
LFC2007

Postby tommycockles » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:45 pm

..at this rate we'll never beat Blackpool!!

:D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Elchris » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:42 pm

This really sucks , gutted . Good player but sadly looks like a injury prone player , i hope that he gets back soon and has a good run in the team again . I am sure if he was fit and playing we'd be at a better postion in the league table.
Elchris

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:57 pm

These fooking metatarsals.

:angry:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Friggin hell that b.astards got one unbelievably mongy foot
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:26 pm

I wanna see Skrtel play.
66-1112520797

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:29 am

FFS :angry: This just isn't his season I guess :(  Absolutely gutted, as I was really looking forward to seeing him back in action again... not least with the games against Inter coming up. I hope Skrtel settles quickly, 'cause there's no way Sami can play all of our games nowadays (he himself has even said something like that recently).
JamCar05

Postby kop king » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Hopefully he can get through this quickly and come back even stronger. Just in time for the Champions League and F.A. Cup finals.:D
"Fook Off Chelsea FC, You aint got no history"
kop king

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 am

Some better news on Agger, he has had some more boots designed for him and things are looking up. He cant kick a ball or train yet however.Link in Danish(?) needs translating
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm

We Miss You Danny Agger
We Miss You Danny Agger
We Miss You Danny Agger
WE NEED YOU FIT SOON!
JoeTerp

Postby heimdall » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:03 pm

s@int wrote:Some better news on Agger, he has had some more boots designed for him and things are looking up. He cant kick a ball or train yet however.Link in Danish(?) needs translating

That article basically says that he's been all over Europe to try and get the problem with his foot fixed but he has now had a special soul made for him in some institute in Denmark which should mean that he can make a speedy recovery, here's hoping anyway.
heimdall

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 pm

I'll give it a quick go at translating:

THE PAIN DISAPPEARS NOW

Special danish in-lays (? - things you put inside your shoes to make 'em support/fit better, don't know the english word for it, so this is just what I'll call 'em :D *) in the boots have given Daniel Agger hopes of making a comeback for Liverpool soon, after his long injury layoff.

He has had his foot examined in Spain and seeked help at countless experts in England, but Daniel Agger had to return to Denmark to regain his optimism and belief in making a comeback for Liverpool soon.

"I'll soon have travelled the entire Europe", the defender laughs:

"Luckily The Sahva Institute in Denmark has found out, where the pain arises. Therefore I've gotten some special in-lays, which will help straighten out my foot", Daniel Agger tells Ekstra Bladet.

Note: I've left out a part here, as it just goes on to say, that Ekstra Bladet is the first danish media in months to have talked to Agger about his injury (and otherwise summarizes the whole ordeal about him originally getting injured back in September and so forth). Basically what they're saying is: buy the paper today, and you'll get the full interview!

"But since I've gotten these new in-lays, it has really helped", explains Daniel Agger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
So nothing really new there tbh. We already knew he was getting custome-made boots, and this just sounds as an expansion thereof. Agger remains optimistic, but doesn't want to put a date on a likely comeback this time around, as he just wants to focus on getting fully fit.

Personally I would love to see him back for the Inter games where he could be vital, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. This season really has been a mess for him :(

* edit: a sort of an extra sole might be a better word/explanation  :)
JamCar05

Postby bigxchris » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Daniel Agger is finally closing in on a first team return - with the aid of a special pair of boots.
Agger has been sidelined since September with a metatarsal problem and saw a planned return to action last month put on hold after he felt more discomfort in his foot.

But after working with boot manufacturers adidas in a bid to find a solution to his ongoing problem, the Danish defender is now back in training with his team-mates at Melwood.

"Daniel is back in training which is very good news for us," said Benitez.

"Everyone has been working very hard to find a solution to his problem and he now has a new pair of boots which we hope will make a difference.

"They have been made especially for him by Adidas and they are different from normal boots because they take some of the pressure off the metatarsal that is causing Daniel the problem when he is kicking the ball.

"It would be very good for us if Daniel can prove his fitness because he has become a very important player for us."
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Liverpool's ailing fortunes have been given a timely boost by the return to training of defender Daniel Agger.

The Dane has been sidelined since September with a recurring metatarsal problem that first flared up in The Reds’ goalless draw with Pompey.

With the aid of specially designed boots – a design that will reduce the pressure on the top of the player’s foot – Agger has been allowed to return to full training, much to the delight of Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

“Daniel is back in training, which is very good news for us,” Benitez told Liverpool’s official website.

"Everyone has been working very hard to find a solution to his problem and he now has a new pair of boots which we hope will make a difference.

"They have been made especially for him by Adidas and they are different from normal boots because they take some of the pressure off the metatarsal that is causing Daniel the problem when he is kicking the ball.

"It would be very good for us if Daniel can prove his fitness because he has become a very important player for us."

When Agger was first sidelined, Liverpool had aspirations of challenging for the championship, but results since – The Reds have not won since Boxing Day – have seen the team slip to seventh place in The Premier League.

Nothing less than three points is the requirement from Saturday’s home game against Sunderland and you can watch all the action unfold live on Setanta Sports 1.

http://www.setantasports.com/en....raining
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion