DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 am

s@int wrote:Heard today that Agger will be back sooner rather than later after having a special boot made for him. Hopefully in time for a runout in the reading match, before the mancs.

Absolutely. Maybe just 30 mins if we happen to be in a position to bring him on, not sure that a CB needs as much of a run out as more attacking positions
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 am

better just to stick him in the reserves ( do thy have a game on during that time) and let him play 60 min
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NJD83 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:57 pm

Hope Agger is back against Man U, don't fancy Hyypia's chances with Teves, Rooney and Ronaldo all running at him with pace.

Come on Agger!!!!!
NJD83

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 pm

Nah, I don't support resting our best CB because he might pick up a card

But you do support resting your best players from getting injured or being tired ?
66-1112520797

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

But you do support resting your best players from getting injured or being tired ?

Absolutely, if the occasion is right.  If we were playing Luton in the FA Cup this week, for instance, I'd be resting Carra, Gerrard and Torres, given the amount of league games we have coming up this month.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Absolutely, if the occasion is right.  If we were playing Luton in the FA Cup this week, for instance, I'd be resting Carra, Gerrard and Torres, given the amount of league games we have coming up this month.

But not worrying about our best center back getting carded, and possibly loosing him in a Premiership match.

Bit weird that.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

But not worrying about our best center back getting carded, and possibly loosing him in a Premiership match.

Bit weird that.

Two points:

1) Reading is an important league game if we want to stay in touch with the league leaders and if we want to go into the Marseille game and Man U game with some momentum.  As such, our best players must play regardless of the risks (fitness and cards).

2) At least Carragher has some control over whether he's carded or not.  On the other hand, if you play 90+ minutes, you can't stop yourself from getting tired.  So, yes, I'd advocate resting players when the right occasion allows (which the Reading match is not) because fatigue sets in over the course of the season no matter what.  But, I don't like the idea of not playing our best players just because they might pick up a card.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:32 pm

I would like to see Jack Jobbs being used more though, they say he has all the attributes so all he really needs now is GAMES! I think this is a better idea than bringing in some other unknown foreigner for back-up. However the talk of Vincent Kompany excites but probably only due to hours spent on Champ Manager
Ray Pugh

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 am

It says on that physioroom site that he's due back at the weekend, haven't heard anything about it though? :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:33 pm

The latest I've heard is, that he probably won't be back until around the last couple of games this year. Can't remember where I read it though.
JamCar05

Postby username » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 pm

SSN says he not fit yet... and alot of stuff say back for Dec

yet seems to means will be fit soon
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:09 am

I'd say Rafa doesn't want to risk him or Alonso against the mancs because if they get injured again
they would be out for much longer :(

I'd say Rafa will play him after christmas to be safe
holylamb2006

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:28 am

terrydixon wrote:I hope Agger is coming back because Hypiä isnt so good anymore i think

hypia's not good enough ? then why would rafa pick him , he is not that quick enough i agree but he is still the same hypia which won us the uefa cup and champions league . go into the manu vs liverpool topic and find bad bob 's post on hypia , i feel then u will see it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:32 am

Paul C wrote:It says on that physioroom site that he's due back at the weekend, haven't heard anything about it though? :;):

they keep extending it by a week every time agger does not play , as he is close to fitness but no 1 knows whether when he will play . i think rafa is not gonna risk him against manure , not in such a big game , with no match fitness and i rather take hypia
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:30 am

I hope Agger gets some playing time against Chelsea we need him for portsmouth.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion