DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Agger was in commanding form for Denmark against Sweden earlier ,and he slotted home the winner from the penalty spot,his quality really shone through
against Ibrahimovic and co....Great player who I hope is going nowhere.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu May 29, 2014 4:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 pm wrote:Agger was in commanding form for Denmark against Sweden earlier ,and he slotted home the winner from the penalty spot,his quality really shone through

Dont agree heś a great player, our best maybe, a good player yes... we can get better. I would love him to stay and play if heś fit, the problem is he never is. Hes been here far to long and had far to many chances to prove himself and he cant stay fit for longer than a month.

Its a shame as heś far better than Skrtel, but much like the slovak I believe his time should be up. If a decent offer comes in its time to cash in for me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Stu the Red » Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 pm wrote:Agger was in commanding form for Denmark against Sweden earlier ,and he slotted home the winner from the penalty spot,his quality really shone through

Dont agree heś a great player, our best maybe, a good player yes... we can get better. I would love him to stay and play if heś fit, the problem is he never is. Hes been here far to long and had far to many chances to prove himself and he cant stay fit for longer than a month.

Its a shame as heś far better than Skrtel, but much like the slovak I believe his time should be up. If a decent offer comes in its time to cash in for me.

He's been fit for a while mate ,its just Rodgers kept him benched for longer than was comfortable for a footballers ego ,for what reason Sakho received
preferential treatment I have no clue,and although I've read why posters feel he is a better proposition than Agger I have yet to see anything from Sakho
that gives testament to their opinions.

Nice to see you posting again lad.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:30 am

Ta red... You say Daniels been fit, but really? Has he ever been fit for long enough during his career?

I like him as a player. He's a bit weak in the air at times and I think he lacks real pace but generally he is our best centre half. His positional play is good and he defends in the right areas but I have a major problem with his appearance record for us.

I personally think next to sahko they would form a really good partnership and have a good balance however it is something we are yet to see, which I find really curious as its crystal clear to anyone who watches our games that our weakest link defensively is the Slovak.

The problem is skrtel does win individual duels in games and makes good recovery tackles, but his positional play, lack of team work and concentration are at times amateurish and this season its contributed heavily to us not winning a league that was ours for the taking
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 am

The Spanish papers are saying that Barcelona have made a 12 million pounds take it or leave it offer for Agger
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:18 am

Would hate to lose him, but if he's not happy sitting on the bench, then all the best to him. He does seemed to have slacked off in recent years so 12mil would be a good offer for him.
alxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Great player, when fit, but sadly he has struggled for form. No sooner does he get into the team (and match fit) then he picks up another injury. I'd sell.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Should have sold Agger and Borini, then go for broke and bring in Reus and Moreno
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Classy player but I always felt he was a bit lightweight for the prem, after 8 years it would be sad to see him go though especially as he was the one the few star players to come out and say he didn't want to leave when everyone else was bailing out during the H&G era.
While the likes Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Arbeloa and even Reina all looked towards the exit door Danny publically stated that he wanted to stay even though it was Barcelona who were interested in signing him. He even got YNWA tatooed a cross his knuckles.
If he does leave I wish him all the best, he's been a fantastic servant to the club and showed an uncommon amount of loyalty for a modern footballer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Yeah, I agree with that, it kinda feels like we're stabbing him in the back.

But some of those CBs has to go now that we have Lovren and 12 million is a fair price for a defender that's nearing 30. It's not like we'd be selling him to Stoke either, he'll be going to the recently most successful club.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm wrote:Yeah, I agree with that, it kinda feels like we're stabbing him in the back.

But some of those CBs has to go now that we have Lovren and 12 million is a fair price for a defender that's nearing 30. It's not like we'd be selling him to Stoke either, he'll be going to the recently most successful club.

Neutral observers would probably say he's taking a step upwards in his career mate so I wouldn't feel too bad for him. I actually think he'll do well over there, his game is ideally suited to Spanish football IMO.
If Agger does leave that will be another of our stalwarts that will have gone, players like Agger, Carragher, Reina, Hyypia etc have been the backbone of the side for the best part of a decade and it will be odd when they've all gone. That generation of players never quite managed to bring the holy grail back to Anfield but they certainly didn't let the club down, in many ways they had us punching above our weight when you consider what was going on off the field.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm

id hate to lose agger but there is a good chance we will. personally i think the lad is a fantastic footballer and has seemed to put most of those niggling injuries behind him. it wasnt injury that kept him out of the side last year, it was sakho and the fact we paid £18mil for him.
most players who come through our doors talk about what a club it is and what it meant to play here but i can never remember any other player willing to express it across his hand in every day view for the rest of his life  :bowdown
be sad to lose him but he has to think of himself and therefore if he is being offered a move to a bigger club he should force it through.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Mirror online reports
Liverpool transfers: Tearful Daniel Agger has BEGGED boss Brendan Rodgers to sell him

Defender is now set for a move to Barcelona after emotional appeal during US tour - opening the door for Arsenal's Vermaelen to join Man United

Daniel Agger has had a tearful heart-to-heart with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and asked to leave the club, writes Darren Lewis.

The distraught 29-year-old defender - the Reds’ vice-captain - made his emotional request in a dressing-room exchange during their recent pre-season tour of America.

Agger is now set to be sold, with Barcelona the favourites to land him.

A move to the Nou Camp for the £12million-rated Dane would pave the way for Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen to go to Manchester United - his preferred destination.

Agger, who made just 23 appearances in all competitions last season, is understood to have told Rodgers that he fears he is fighting a losing battle to win back a regular place in the side.

The Liverpool boss is understood to have been sympathetic to the player, who then broke down and had to be consoled by senior members of the squad.

Agger then asked to be allowed to leave the tour and was given permission by Rodgers to fly home.

The centre-back, signed by Brondby in January 2006, replaced Jamie Carragher as Liverpool’s current vice-captain last year but found himself on the fringes of their title bid.

And the £20m arrival of Croatia centre-back Dejan Lovren from Southampton has created even further doubt over his chances of winning back his starting place.

Mirror Sport understands Agger is desperate for a move away to be concluded by the end of this summer's transfer window.

As things stand, the player is not in Rodgers’ plans for the start of the new season.

Got mixed feelings on this one.

Understand the fella wanting 1st team football. When fit he's a classy defender but also understand BR's reluctance to promise 1st team footy , maybe it's time to cash in on Agger   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:42 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 pm wrote:Mirror online reports
Liverpool transfers: Tearful Daniel Agger has BEGGED boss Brendan Rodgers to sell him

Defender is now set for a move to Barcelona after emotional appeal during US tour - opening the door for Arsenal's Vermaelen to join Man United

Daniel Agger has had a tearful heart-to-heart with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and asked to leave the club, writes Darren Lewis.

The distraught 29-year-old defender - the Reds’ vice-captain - made his emotional request in a dressing-room exchange during their recent pre-season tour of America.

Agger is now set to be sold, with Barcelona the favourites to land him.

A move to the Nou Camp for the £12million-rated Dane would pave the way for Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen to go to Manchester United - his preferred destination.

Agger, who made just 23 appearances in all competitions last season, is understood to have told Rodgers that he fears he is fighting a losing battle to win back a regular place in the side.

The Liverpool boss is understood to have been sympathetic to the player, who then broke down and had to be consoled by senior members of the squad.

Agger then asked to be allowed to leave the tour and was given permission by Rodgers to fly home.

The centre-back, signed by Brondby in January 2006, replaced Jamie Carragher as Liverpool’s current vice-captain last year but found himself on the fringes of their title bid.

And the £20m arrival of Croatia centre-back Dejan Lovren from Southampton has created even further doubt over his chances of winning back his starting place.

Mirror Sport understands Agger is desperate for a move away to be concluded by the end of this summer's transfer window.

As things stand, the player is not in Rodgers’ plans for the start of the new season.

Got mixed feelings on this one.

Understand the fella wanting 1st team football. When fit he's a classy defender but also understand BR's reluctance to promise 1st team footy , maybe it's time to cash in on Agger   :(

I think arriving at this stand off is more to do with what's developed  behind the scenes between the manager and player,it seems remarkably similar to Reina's
embittered departure ,I think we all know what's about to evolve here ....I cant help thinking why Rodgers seems less incensed to invite the likes of Johnson
and Borini into his office for a candid chat mate ? I mean surely both come firmly under the title 'excess baggage' . Its no secret when Agger is fit he is one of
the classiest defenders in the Prem and that's why there will be no shortage of takers ,and I personally would take him over Sakho and Toure in every conceivable
sense.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm

He hasn't played much in pre season either which is another parallel with Reina.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion