DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Very good player but too injury prone. We'll miss his elegance on the ball but I think that Lovren will give us more assuming he stays fit. He has been a good servant to the club and should get his wish if he wants to leave.

YNWA
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 pm

He won't get first team this season. Not with the silly money paid for Sakho and Lovren.
Mixed feelings about him leaving. Was a great buy and incredibly loyal over the dysfunctional years but now maybe time to cash in while we can.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:00 am

Looks like he WONT be going to Barcelona.

They have had a 15 million bid accepted for Vermaelen.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Really wonder what will happen with this one now. I doubt that we're trying to push him out but I think that he's unhappy of his status and the fact that he may get very little game-time this season. But now that he probably won't be going to Barca, I really wonder what will happen. How many defenders do we have now anyway?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:14 pm wrote:Really wonder what will happen with this one now. I doubt that we're trying to push him out but I think that he's unhappy of his status and the fact that he may get very little game-time this season. But now that he probably won't be going to Barca, I really wonder what will happen. How many defenders do we have now anyway?

Arsenal fans seem to think they may sign him. By the sounds of it he certainly wants out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:32 pm

I hope we're not actually considering selling him there, or to any other Premier League club for that matter. I don't think that Agger will try to force a move to them, but I do believe he wants to leave (and we want him gone too). We should have just sold him to Barca while we had the chance. Hopefully this won't end up being another loan deal to some club.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:02 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:32 pm wrote:I hope we're not actually considering selling him there, or to any other Premier League club for that matter. I don't think that Agger will try to force a move to them, but I do believe he wants to leave (and we want him gone too). We should have just sold him to Barca while we had the chance. Hopefully this won't end up being another loan deal to some club.

Maybe we should follow the Chelsea model in this case. We loan him to a mid table side, he cannot play against us but will strengthen them against our rivals. It is what is done nowadays. Most likely he will go to Brondby though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:24 pm

kazza » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:02 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:32 pm wrote:I hope we're not actually considering selling him there, or to any other Premier League club for that matter. I don't think that Agger will try to force a move to them, but I do believe he wants to leave (and we want him gone too). We should have just sold him to Barca while we had the chance. Hopefully this won't end up being another loan deal to some club.

Maybe we should follow the Chelsea model in this case. We loan him to a mid table side, he cannot play against us but will strengthen them against our rivals. It is what is done nowadays. Most likely he will go to Brondby though.

I'd be surprised if he went back to Brondby at 29
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 pm

kazza » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:02 pm wrote:

At this stage of his career? I doubt it, I think he'll save that move for later. I also doubt that Brondby can afford him. Not just in terms of wages but in terms of a transfer fee as well. I don't think we're willing to sell him for peanuts, he's easily worth at least 12 mil.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby chriserfolg » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Cant believe the ***** i'm reading here . Agger is one of the most loyal foreign player we have .
He's a class act and a very good player which at the moment i think is better then sktrel and sakho .

Loaning him to midclass team ? Want him out ? Bloddy hell . If he was to move few years back , say to barca or madrid most here would have labeled him mercenary , ungrateful bla bla bla . Doesn't seem right at all .

Hope he leaves to team with much more grateful fans/club and a coach that rates him ., still have much to offer . Wish him well .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:01 pm

I reckon that YNWA tattoo has put another 3 years on Aggers career at Liverpool  :lookaround

He is a very good player, a loyal player and a good lad, but injury has hampered his progress and he has stood
still at Anfield for a very long time.

Would love to see him crowned player of the year this season but in all honesty it wont happen.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:06 am

With Vermaelen heading to Barca, so i guess the £14M offer for Agger is off and he's staying put or is there another club after him? Geez aren't we slow with taking action? If Agger is out of Rodgers plan, we should have sold him when there was an offer on the table, just like with Borini
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:39 am

Keep Agger
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:33 am

He's a better player than the £8,000,000 quoted, but the fact is he's to injury prone to rely on. I'd like to see him partner Lovren as I think it would be a superb partnership of two quality players... but his injury record causes me concern.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:39 pm

personally i thought aggers injury woes where behind him. mind you its probably because he has barely featured in the last 18 months or so.
he is not in rodgers plans and won't play much this season especially with the arrival of lovren.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion