DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:19 pm

I know he's been out a while but I thought he looked a bit off the pace today, thought he struggled with the physicality of that big lad up front for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Sad we've invested so much in defense… I mean we've signed 3 CBs and a LB over the summer and our defense is still shockingly poor at times.. We do have 3 starters out with injury (not that I think Johnson should be seen anywhere near the starting 11 over Flanno) but we really love to leak goals…

I'd love to see us sign a proper, and for once consistent CB to pair with Sakho, and a RB to either put pressure on Johnson, or just take his place.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:10 pm

thought similar but that has to be expected seen as he has been out for a while. its going to take him a couple of games to get back to speed, hopefully he can get there without picking up another injury.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 pm

ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm wrote:Sad we've invested so much in defense… I mean we've signed 3 CBs and a LB over the summer and our defense is still shockingly poor at times.. We do have 3 starters out with injury (not that I think Johnson should be seen anywhere near the starting 11 over Flanno) but we really love to leak goals…

I'd love to see us sign a proper, and for once consistent CB to pair with Sakho, and a RB to either put pressure on Johnson, or just take his place.

The defence is quite frankly awful.

Flannagan is a decent squad player, don't think he'll ever really become a top player being honest as has to many holes in his game, however he does have his strong points. Skrtel is prone to silly errors and shocking positioning and is generally nowhere near good enough. Agger's appearance record is similar to yours and Enrique seems to pick up a lot of niggles too. The keeper is also nowhere near good enough.

Sahko looked dodgy then started to show promise but I'm not 100% convinced by him either.

Need MAJOR work doing to the defence over the summer.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:18 am

Stu the Red » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:21 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm wrote:Sad we've invested so much in defense… I mean we've signed 3 CBs and a LB over the summer and our defense is still shockingly poor at times.. We do have 3 starters out with injury (not that I think Johnson should be seen anywhere near the starting 11 over Flanno) but we really love to leak goals…

The defence is quite frankly awful.

Flannagan is a decent squad player, don't think he'll ever really become a top player being honest as has to many holes in his game, however he does have his strong points. Skrtel is prone to silly errors and shocking positioning and is generally nowhere near good enough. Agger's appearance record is similar to yours and Enrique seems to pick up a lot of niggles too. The keeper is also nowhere near good enough.

Sahko looked dodgy then started to show promise but I'm not 100% convinced by him either.

Need MAJOR work doing to the defence over the summer.

I agree with you to a point, but think the injuries to our full backs has made the jobs of our CBs a lot harder. I'm sure with a fully fit Enrique and Johnson (I still rate him) things would be a lot better. I also think Sahko will develop into a superb commanding defender for us, he just needs a bit of time.

As for Mignolet, I've been left far from impressed. His command of the box is non existent and his decision making at times is baffling - he punches instead of catching the ball, he passes to defenders when under pressure and flaps at crosses. The lad needs to f**king step up a gear and quickly, because he reminds me of Westerveld and he wasn't up to the job either.

But when it comes to defenders..if Agger and Sahko are fit, they should start as our central pair.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Thought he was  bit feeble yesterday and whingey.
Should have played Kolo
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby mramo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 pm

The Daily Excrement making up stories again seeing he has just come back from a calf injury which might explain why he was subbed early.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... niel-Agger
mramo

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm

mramo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:21 pm wrote:The Daily Excrement making up stories again seeing he has just come back from a calf injury which might explain why he was subbed early.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... niel-Agger

I'm not so sure. BR has kept Agger on the bench a lot this season and I don't think he rates him TBH. I fully expect him to go in the summer, with Skittles warming the bench as we bed in Ilori
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 pm

there is a good chance both will depart in the summer i think. neither is the answer to our woes and neither will want to be warming the bench.
i dont think we will be chucking a lot at replacing them either and will probably bring lorri back and get someone like lescott in who's cheap.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 am

If we're going to sell Agger/Skrtel we shouldn't make it so obvious that we want to get rid of them. Some good teams have already offered a lot money for these two in the past, so I think that we can sell them and make a good profit. But we won't be able to do that if we make it clear that we don't want them anymore. If we play things right we can get up to 15 million out of either of those two.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 am

Where have you read that we want to get rid of both of them?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 am

damjan193 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 am wrote:If we're going to sell Agger/Skrtel we shouldn't make it so obvious that we want to get rid of them. Some good teams have already offered a lot money for these two in the past, so I think that we can sell them and make a good profit. But we won't be able to do that if we make it clear that we don't want them anymore. If we play things right we can get up to 15 million out of either of those two.

Personally I'd let both of them go.

Agger is far to injury prone, and while undoubtedly being a decent player cannot be relied upon what so ever.

The other one is a clown who makes a ridiculous amount of mistakes every match. To say he has brain farts is being kind and sooner he leaves the better shape our defence will be in.

Any sort of return should see them easily replaced by one top quality centre back. Then promote a 3rd or 4th choice from within. We have Wisdom and Ilori, Wisdom is more than capable of playing 15 games a season to a decent enough standard.

Sometimes a slight weakening of the squad to improve the first team is a gamble worth taking, especially at centre half as usually you wouldn't chop and change this position if possible and most good centre backs play most games as they tend not to pick up as many muscle injuries as other players due to the nature of the position. (IE its a fat lazy ***** position who can play but can't run!) :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:35 pm

devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 am wrote:Where have you read that we want to get rid of both of them?

I said either, not both. Though both have been linked with a move away from the club so it wouldn't surprise me if we really do sell them both. As long as we get good money from them I won't complain.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Wilshere our for 6 weeks. Got injured yesterday after his challenge with Agger. Too convenient to be an accident  :lookaround
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 pm

damjan193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Wilshere our for 6 weeks. Got injured yesterday after his challenge with Agger. Too convenient to be an accident  :lookaround

It could easily have been Agger.

International friendlies are a pointless. Risking players in a championship run in. We would all be devastated if Suarez or Sturridge were injured in these pointless matches.

I think there should only be a "standing tackle" rule in Friendlies. Sliding tackle and your off.

Hate Int Friendlies.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion