Manchester city, a threat?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:02 am

Do you think Manchester City will be a hard opponent for us in the next match?

I think it will be a good match, we need to stop settling for one or two goals, if we are going to win we need to finish it off so City can't come back and steal the points from us. Baros has to wake up and smell the grass of Anfield. Cisse can't be the only one scoring and the midfield needs to feed the strikers. Your thoughts?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:17 am

Well consideirng Man City looks like a Liverpool retro side and that ex-reds have seem to have developed in recent times a depressing habit of scoring against us
theres always a chance of some sort of threat   

:D
Though its a home game, the distractions of Owen saga that must have caused some disruption should have passed, and no midweek game/travel i think we will get the 3 points
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:44 am

Looking at their today's game, they look descent but I think we can get a win.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby doddser » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:12 am

Dont be soft , City to be relegated this year , Every one is so depressed , we are just after getting a point at a ground that over the last 10 years has been a problem ground for us , I was impressed with us yesterday , we controlled the game for long periods and with a new right winger and fingers crossed a creative mid on the way before next saturday we will be fine
We do need a 4th striker with quality
but I predict a controlled 2-0 win  :D
doddser

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:28 am

Any one got ideas of what striker they would like to come in?
ive been reading what raffas been saying and it dont look good he said a strikers not his main priority. ???  Would have liked SWP but hes signed his life away to city now think raffa will have to go talent scouting and quick, otherwise dont know about competeing with the top 3 we will be bottom maybe midtable come january kewell and a few others buck your ideas up before stevie takes a walk because hes not gona go threw another season carrying your weights :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:27 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Would have liked SWP but hes signed his life away to city :

i bet he change his mind if he ends playing first division football next year  :;):
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:00 am

Nah City won't be a threat to us at Anfield, we need to make Anfield the fortress it once was cos last season our home record was a joke! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:34 pm

city couldn't even beat fulham no chance a comtable victory but teams always up there game when they come to anfield but we will win 2-0 or 3-0
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weezy » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:51 pm

riise have to watch SWP closely they are both player that love going foward and SWP have a lot more pace then riise so...
weezy

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:11 pm

I don't know whats Rafa thinking but we need a new striker.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion