Villareal V Liverpool - Europa Semi 1st leg - Thurs 28 April

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby algymoon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:48 pm

I think we have embarked on huge task to turn this tie around!, that it was mainly to bad tactics to come away with a positive point, which it turned to be a massive disaster and lose the game in end.

You can relay on such tactics when you have a solid defence,  which in this case this Liverpool side lacks it so badly. Our defence is guaranteed to make at least 2 - 3  defensive mistake each game.

The manager and players were all very navigate quite sacred of Villareal reputation, but in fact they were very average and quite beatable in last night game, only if Klopp had the courage to play a decent CF instead depending on ever so deep Firmino!
This bad mistake will haunt us next week game, and I don't expect Villareal will play that bad once again. I might be wrong.

I do believe we had missed an excellent chance to win comfortably yesterday due to naive or stupid mistake by Klopp.
What is really going on between Klopp & Sturridge? something not right there, Is it Sturridge attitude here in question! I am not sure, well one of them has to move away and I think the latter one will leave, however he is the best finisher in LFC.
algymoon

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:10 pm

If Klopp puts his own opinion of Sturridge before our Europa chances then that's really disappointing.

We are so close and with a very good chance of winning this competition so put that aside for 3 games and get this thing won.

No manager is beyond criticism and he may well turn this around at Anfield but if not then I feel tactically hes put us out with that
effort last night.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Villareal might be sitting 4th in la liga but the difference between them and 3rd is 20 points. They have a decent defensive record so this game was never going to be open with plenty of goals.
They are beatable but we will have to step up the quality in front of goal. Absolutely sick to the teeth of looking at Lallana poncing around doing nothing and firmino also who is anonymous in 70% of the games he plays in. How either player remained on the pitch for 80+ minutes is beyond me.

Not surprised he didn't play Sturridge but I am surprised as to why he never brought him on. I think that he doesn't rate him and he will be off in the summer. This is the way it goes when a new manager comes in as he is bound to not want some of the players he inherited. Rodgers did it with carroll and now klopp with Sturridge/benteke as he clearly favours Origi over the pair of them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

algymoon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 am wrote:I think we have embarked on huge task to turn this tie around!, that it was mainly to bad tactics to come away with a positive point, which it turned to be a massive disaster and lose the game in end.

You can relay on such tactics when you have a solid defence,  which in this case this Liverpool side lacks it so badly. Our defence is guaranteed to make at least 2 - 3  defensive mistake each game.

The manager and players were all very navigate quite sacred of Villareal reputation, but in fact they were very average and quite beatable in last night game, only if Klopp had the courage to play a decent CF instead depending on ever so deep Firmino!
This bad mistake will haunt us next week game, and I don't expect Villareal will play that bad once again. I might be wrong.

I do believe we had missed an excellent chance to win comfortably yesterday due to naive or stupid mistake by Klopp.
What is really going on between Klopp & Sturridge? something not right there, Is it Sturridge attitude here in question! I am not sure, well one of them has to move away and I think the latter one will leave, however he is the best finisher in LFC.

Klopp brought us the the freaking Semi with a half talented squad filled with injuries and fat burners and that's your conclusion? Klopp had all the rights to bench Sturridge and even if I don't agree with him I can understand the logic...

Villarreal weren't avarage or poor yesterday that is exactly how they play and Klopp has us 1 minute from getting a decent result or even more.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:18 pm

...but he didn't.

doh
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Cool down guys, sh!t happens.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:31 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 pm wrote:...but he didn't.

doh

All righty sack his sorry a$$
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:10 am

:laugh:
Why does it always have to be either the manager's faultless or sack the manager?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 am

The toys stay in the pram, the toys get thrown out of the pram. Keep the choices simple!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:51 am

Reg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 am wrote:The toys stay in the pram, the toys get thrown out of the pram. Keep the choices simple!

I thought for an hour Klopp had it exactly right BUT by then it was obvious to 99% of us that Villareal on the night weren't as formidable as we'd feared and we had a real chance of actually winning this game if we just showed a bit more up front.

Why Sturridge wasn't brought on for the last 30 mins is completely beyond my comprehension, in my opinion Kloppo missed a massive opportunity in this tie.

I love Klopp to bits, he's deffo gonna bring some success to the club BUT no manager is beyond reproach and on this occasion I don't think it's unfair that born out of sheer frustration some of us throw our toys out of the pram .

Personally I'm still fking seething !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:15 pm

The harsh truth is that Villareal are a much better team than clueless pundits and some posters give them credit for ,for me Klopp realised how their quick passing and intricate football would have exposed our defensive line if we had took the game to them ,and his tactics very nearly worked. Any manager with tactical nous would have deployed the same game plan ,Villareal play teams on the counter attack ,they exploit mistakes and act decisively on them ,pushing forward striving for an away goal in Europe would have been madness and played straight into their hands. As it stands  if we score two goals without reply we're through .

I personally feel from watching the game that Villareal were intent on scoring as many goals as possible to take to Anfield ,especially after witnessing what happened to a side with the quality of Dortmund and given the cauldron of noise that awaits them ,I actually believe they will be disappointed not to be leading the tie by  a greater margin.

Every supporter inside Anfield will believe we can go through ,and every supporter in the Kop will make audibly  sure the football world knows it ....cant wait !

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Villa Real have been to both the Nue Camp and the Bernabau this season and come away without losing. They are two of the noisiest and most inimidating places in the world. No Sakho. No Can. Of course I'm behind Klopp and the team and I certainly don't need telling to do that by the fkg fickle whingemaster supreme   :rasp I'm also extremely realistic. This will not be easy any anybody that thinks we will roll them over maybe in for a bit of a shock.

Come on lads let's be perfectly honest if RODGERS had displayed the same tactics as KLOPP  then he would've been absolutely castigated and called all the useless cnuts under the sun. It simply wasn't Kloppo's greatest night however you want to spin it.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 pm

What I do know with an absolute certainty is  If that other blurt had been in charge we would have left Spain with a 4 goal deficit ,I mean would he have taken a bang average collative of players within sniffing distance of a final   ???  The resounding answer is not even in one of his wet fucking dreams ,only winners gift you special nights.

I can tell you this, I dreaded European nights under the former incumbent ,because every single game was the complete antithesis of football conducive to winning.
We now find ourselves in a Semi final after comprehensively beating United and then out scoring possibly the most potent attacking team  in Germany.

At least credit Klopp with that rather than making ridiculous comparisons with Mr inept ,lest we forget  Basel and f*cking Besiktas seen us off the last time we were in this competition.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 02, 2016 9:44 am

RBG - who knows you maybe right but all the love in the world doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Kloppo's greatest night. The performance against BD was absolutely legendary and it may well have to be equalled  against VR and that will not be easy against a team with a far better defence than Dortmund.

I just hope that your enthusiasm for Kloppo's questionable first leg tactics remains intact after Thursday night.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon May 02, 2016 11:50 am

Remind me again what Villareal has won in their illustrious history?

The way you are carrying would make anyone believe they are about to win La Liga and the CL.

So they got lucky against Madrid. Pity they have lost to world beaters Levante (dead last), Getafe CF (2nd last) and Rayo Vallecano (4th last) this season.

Also Barcelona spanked them 3-0 at the Nou Camp, so not sure which flog on here started that myth.

Here is where I would say something about being selective in picking results, but hey.......  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp 

If our lads focus on on Thursday, we have every chance of advancing to the final.

And please don't try and compare the used car sales man to Klopp, it's fkn embarrassing reading that rubbish on here.  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games