Liverpool V FC Sion - Europa League - Thurs Oct 1st KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am wrote:I think he's got one eye on saving his job and he knows the Everton game is the important one with regards to his employment. So, he makes 7 changes and that was what was served up, not a glittering display but not a loss and he gets to live another 3 days at least. Like someone said earlier the FSG aren't bothered whats served up, when they ask the question "did we lose tonight?" and the answer again is "no we didn't" then they see the bank balance jump up a little they'll be content that Rodgers is doing his job. These FSG lot seem to be interested in the cash generator that is LFC and not the pride and passion of good football.

Anyway, FC Sion - sh!t game, dull performance and 1 point. load of bollox but not unexpected

And you say that on FSG based on what exactly? Even if it's true and it's all about the mighty $$ then they know as well that failure doesn't bring more sponsors ,more Merchandise selling...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:59 pm

only me » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:11 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am wrote:I think he's got one eye on saving his job and he knows the Everton game is the important one with regards to his employment. So, he makes 7 changes and that was what was served up, not a glittering display but not a loss and he gets to live another 3 days at least. Like someone said earlier the FSG aren't bothered whats served up, when they ask the question "did we lose tonight?" and the answer again is "no we didn't" then they see the bank balance jump up a little they'll be content that Rodgers is doing his job. These FSG lot seem to be interested in the cash generator that is LFC and not the pride and passion of good football.

Anyway, FC Sion - sh!t game, dull performance and 1 point. load of bollox but not unexpected

And you say that on FSG based on what exactly? Even if it's true and it's all about the mighty $$ then they know as well that failure doesn't bring more sponsors ,more Merchandise selling...

Based on my personal opinion, nothing else. Someone mentioned it earlier and I thought it was a fair point and quite possibly true. I agreed with it.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Didn't watch the game but since when can midtable Swiss teams come to Anfield, score, and comfortably win a point? Make no mistake guys, these Sion lot are one of the worse teams we're face this season and it's quite alarming that we couldn't beat them or at least score more than one goal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:43 pm

damjan193 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:50 pm wrote:Didn't watch the game but since when can midtable Swiss teams come to Anfield, score, and comfortably win a point? Make no mistake guys, these Sion lot are one of the worse teams we're face this season and it's quite alarming that we couldn't beat them or at least score more than one goal.

We should really have scored 4 or 5 though mate, Origi missed 2 one on ones with the keeper, Lallana missed an absolute sitter (it was basically a penalty) and Ings miss-controlled a cross/pass when he was clear through on goal.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to brush over what was undoubtably a poor performance but even with playing shyte we still had more than enough clear cut opportunities to comfortably win the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:50 pm

I have to admit when I heard Origi was joining the LFC squad pre season with a view to staying with us this season I was a little excited and pleased for the kid.

Last night he was dog Sh*t.

send him back out on loan.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:22 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 pm wrote:I have to admit when I heard Origi was joining the LFC squad pre season with a view to staying with us this season I was a little excited and pleased for the kid.

I thought his general play was actually quite good mate, he looked pacy and skillful and held the ball up really well, it was just his finishing that let him down. When he's bearing down on goal he reminds me of someone like Eric Meijer or Sean Dundee, you can see it in his body language that even he's not expecting to score, he just hits and hopes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:25 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 pm wrote:I have to admit when I heard Origi was joining the LFC squad pre season with a view to staying with us this season I was a little excited and pleased for the kid.

Maybe he should go out on loan. The only thing he'll learn with us right now is how to be sh*t.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:57 pm

We last played Sion in the 1996 Cup Winners Cup. They've never been strong ut this was the team Roy Evans put out:

Liverpool v FC Sion, 31 October 1996

Score 6-3 to Liverpool
Referee Hartmut Strampe
Competition UEFA European Cup Winners Cup 2nd round 2nd leg
Venue Anfield
Attendance 38,514
View Liverpool v FC Sion head to head
Liverpool won 9-4 on aggregate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjwXpAiZhA&sns=em
6Liverpool

Manager: Roy Evans

3 FC Sion

Manager: Michel Decastel

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper David James
Defender Stig Inge Bjornebye
Defender Centre backPhil Babb
Defender Centre backJohn Scales
Defender Midfielder Dominic Matteo
Midfielder Michael Thomas
Midfielder Steve McManaman
Midfielder Patrik Berger
Midfielder Jason McAteer
Forward John Barnes
Forward Robbie Fowler

That was our first team.

The reason we didnt beat them last night was because we put  cr@p team out.

Don't send boys to do a man's job.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:56 pm

Ill beat BR with any stick worthy of beating him with however although I do not like him and wish him gone every day if he had played a full strength side and we had lost Sturridge Benteke or Coutinho last night through injury the whole place would have been moaning that he didn't need to play such a strong side with the derby 3 days away

AS I say give me a stick worth beating Rodgers with and ill go at it night and day but if you have signed a contract at Liverpool football club you should be good enough to play against the ***** that Switzerland sends out

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Reg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:We last played Sion in the 1996 Cup Winners Cup. They've never been strong ut this was the team Roy Evans put out:

Liverpool v FC Sion, 31 October 1996

Score 6-3 to Liverpool
Referee Hartmut Strampe
Competition UEFA European Cup Winners Cup 2nd round 2nd leg
Venue Anfield
Attendance 38,514
View Liverpool v FC Sion head to head
Liverpool won 9-4 on aggregate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjwXpAiZhA&sns=em
6Liverpool

Manager: Roy Evans

3 FC Sion

Manager: Michel Decastel

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper David James
Defender Stig Inge Bjornebye
Defender Centre backPhil Babb
Defender Centre backJohn Scales
Defender Midfielder Dominic Matteo
Midfielder Michael Thomas
Midfielder Steve McManaman
Midfielder Patrik Berger
Midfielder Jason McAteer
Forward John Barnes
Forward Robbie Fowler

That was our first team.

The reason we didnt beat them last night was because we put  cr@p team out.

Don't send boys to do a man's job.

I can't say I remember that game mate but I was probably there.
What stood out for me watching that YouTube clip was the atmosphere, I clearly remember thinking to myself in the 90's 'the atmosphere is shyte these days' but the atmosphere in that clip was like St. Ettiene compared to last night.
This club has lost its way on and off the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 pm

When the team was challenging 2 years ago the atmosphere was amazing. Since suarez left slowly but surely the atmosphere drained away to what it is now and its because of shyte performances and watching teams getting something that they should have no right to. For me its hard to even get excited for a match any more never mind shelling out a small fortune to go.
Watching a team that cost a fortune struggle to win against poor opposition is soul destroying. We have just come through a period of 4 home games straight, 4 games we should have breezed through and it was pathetic. Expecting the fans to be cheering like mad is a bit much when 90% of them had a good idea what to expect before they even got into the ground.
If the fan's had anything to cheer about they would.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Sorry but that is ***** I never missed a home game 2013-2014 and the atmosphere was absolutely Dire except for the citeh game and even that calmed down after we went 2-0 up

Football fans should support through the hard times as well as the good its easy to support a team that wins every game very comfortably but it takes a lot more to syke yourself up when the side is struggling

A quote I think from Kenny a few seasons back

" if you are embarrassed to be Liverpool fan right now, Don't worry you are not"

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:00 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:If the fan's had anything to cheer about they would.

So the best atmosphere in the Premier league is at the top 4 clubs?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:13 am

No supporters in this league compare to the supporters of Crystal Palaces ultras

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games