Fulham V Liverpool Wednesday 12th February 2013 - COME ON !!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

In the last twenty minutes this game has taken on an even more serious meaning. With Chelsea slipping up at West Brom if Arsenal don't win tomorrow we have a chance of getting to four points off the top.

Fulham should be knackered after their game at United on Sunday. Conversely we should be walking on water after thrashing Arsenal. Same team for me up front and in the middle. If Agger is fit I'd play him alongside Skrtel. Cissoko is a bit of a worry but he can get in a tackle.

Come on reds they are there for the taking. Let's face it they embarked on very desperate measures to try and get the game called off  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 am

As I have just said in the other results thread this game is one of the biggest that we've had in the last 23 years.
The league title is the holy grail for this club and since our last title win in 1990 we've only been in a genuine title race twice, if we win tomorrow then we'll be just 4/5 points off the top of the table with 12 games left.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 am

We demolished Arsenal, fooking brilliant but that's done now we need to refocus & get all 3 points from this game. No slips up, no overconfident/underpar performances.Chelsea have dropped points, now is the time to take full advantage.

Fulham are rock bottom, their new striker won't be playing but we still have to be as ruthless as we were against Arsenal.

I'll go for a tough game here, 2-1 win for us. It won't be easy.
killerp

Postby eds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 am

I have already send it one thread today.

This is our fkn D-Day, we need to come out breathing fire and belt these mofos.

Nothing more, nothing less.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 am

They will park the bus like they did against ManU, however, our attack is more potent than utd, I reckon we will get an early goal and they will be forced to come out more and we will thrash them 4-0 to us.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:57 am

United sent in a ridiculous number of crosses which without a direct threat inthere was never going to work.

Fulham will know how we play and that doesnt even matter as is stopping us play thats the real problem. I'd go same team as Arsenal

0-7

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 am

We need to be careful of overconfidence after the resounding victory against the Gunners. It is precisely these type of games that we normally slip up. We need to ensure that we take this as seriously as if we were playing our top 4 rivals. Anything less than that and all the good work and feel good factor attained will be for nought. Tottenham is only 3 points behind us and that should be our focus... not the guys on top. If we concentrate on putting a distance between ourselves and those in position no 5 and 6, we should be fine.

Truth be told, I am a little worried as our midifeld is not strong enough against the more physical teams.

Coutinho and Sterling and Sturridge must press from up top. I am not too worried about Suarez doing the same thing as he always does anyway.

Not as easy a game as many may think. I hope we absolutely thrash them but I am concerned. Gerrard anchoring the team within days of playing the Gunners. He may not be pgysically up to it. May be wiser to rest Coutinho in the first half and put in Allen....

Come on lads!!!!!
ConnO'var

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 am

ConnO'var » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 am wrote:We need to be careful of overconfidence after the resounding victory against the Gunners. It is precisely these type of games that we normally slip up. We need to ensure that we take this as seriously as if we were playing our top 4 rivals. Anything less than that and all the good work and feel good factor attained will be for nought. Tottenham is only 3 points behind us and that should be our focus... not the guys on top. If we concentrate on putting a distance between ourselves and those in position no 5 and 6, we should be fine.

Truth be told, I am a little worried as our midifeld is not strong enough against the more physical teams.

Coutinho and Sterling and Sturridge must press from up top. I am not too worried about Suarez doing the same thing as he always does anyway.

Not as easy a game as many may think. I hope we absolutely thrash them but I am concerned. Gerrard anchoring the team within days of playing the Gunners. He may not be pgysically up to it. May be wiser to rest Coutinho in the first half and put in Allen....

Come on lads!!!!!

True, after the derby performance we all thought we would smash West Brom but we hardly got out of first gear.
We have only had 4 away wins all season and 2 of those came in the first few weeks of the season against Villa and Sunderland so we can't afford to be complacent here.
We have 13 huge cup finals left but we are in form,in the mix and have a decent fixture list, we won't get a better opportunity to win the league, seasons like this where all the big teams misfire all at the same time come around once in a blue moon, if we f##k this up now we have only got ourselves to blame
I expect to see the kitchen sink thrown at everyone we face between now and the end of the season, the holy grail is within reach.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Pretty simple ,if we can't beat the bottom feeder of the league AFTER battering first place holder ,we have no Biz being in the CL.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:26 pm

only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:Pretty simple ,if we can't beat the bottom feeder of the league AFTER battering first place holder ,we have no Biz being in the CL.

Chelsea beat City and then drew to West Brom. It isn't as simple as that.

We have to improve our away form, and that has to start now. This is all about attitude and approach from the team, as we are clearly a superior team.

An early goal could see this being double figures.  Nil nil at half time and we could be in trouble.  That's how frustrating we've been away from home.
mkingdom

Postby only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

mkingdom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm wrote:
only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:Pretty simple ,if we can't beat the bottom feeder of the league AFTER battering first place holder ,we have no Biz being in the CL.

We have to improve our away form, and that has to start now. This is all about attitude and approach from the team, as we are clearly a superior team.

An early goal could see this being double figures.  Nil nil at half time and we could be in trouble.  That's how frustrating we've been away from home.

Never said it's simple ,and i agree with your take on attitude ,however after the WBrom let down and the crushing of Arsenal i can't see us returning without a win.
And if we can't meet this task then unfortunately we don't deserve the spot we are fighting for.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm

only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:31 pm wrote:
mkingdom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm wrote:

Never said it's simple ,and i agree with your take on attitude ,however after the WBrom let down and the crushing of Arsenal i can't see us returning without a win.
And if we can't meet this task then unfortunately we don't deserve the spot we are fighting for.

:kungfu:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

What we have to do, not how we do it. Read it again

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 pm

:blush:  My bad. Was very confused :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Flying out of the traps with attitude and determination and a bit of luck and this game should not be a problem. Fulham should be absolutely fkd after Sunday and we need to take maximum advantage. Let's face it they would prefer not to be playing the game tonight !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Next