Fulham V Liverpool Wednesday 12th February 2013 - COME ON !!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm

My preferences are to dispense with talk of defensive frailties and Kolo's whopper ,and just magnify Suarez's Bergkamp flick  :bowdown
and Gerrard's beautifully clipped ball that was so precise Sturridge didn't have to drop a shoulder to stroll on to. :bowdown

The Mancs have consistently pulled results like this out of the bag for countless painfully endured years ,its fucking high time we played
till the last minute in the search of maximum points. I'm absolutely delighted with this win ,and in terms of significance its arguably  bigger than
the Arsenal game.   

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm

I couldn't see whether Flanagan called. I don't think it matters either way. Skrtel should still have cleared the ball successfully.

That said Toure's howler was worse, I really hope Agger is reinstated against Arsenal on Sunday.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:43 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm wrote:I couldn't see whether Flanagan called. I don't think it matters either way. Skrtel should still have cleared the ball successfully.

That said Toure's howler was worse, I really hope Agger is reinstated against Arsenal on Sunday.

Toure's first howler also came as a result in Skrtel, again, (not suprisingly) failing to do his job.

I also hope Agger is re-instated.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:43 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm wrote:I couldn't see whether Flanagan called. I don't think it matters either way. Skrtel should still have cleared the ball successfully.

Toure's first howler also came as a result in Skrtel, again, (not suprisingly) failing to do his job.

I also hope Agger is re-instated.

Regardless of Skrtel being caught out of position and failing to intercept the ball, there was no excuse for that amateur attempt at a clearance.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Skrtel had a bad game but not as bad as Toure and Mignolet IMO (they were all the same at best).

Skrtel got caught napping out of position but I've seen that happen often to other defenders. It's just the nature of the game, defenders sometimes get beat. The second goal though, it shows how bad we actually are in defense. Lack of communication and concentration for a simple cross. The goalie is definitely the one to blame for that one. I might actually start believing in all the ***** that Stu tried to feed us about Mignolet.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 pm

After Everton and Arsenal match and for the most part the WBA game I thought we were finally getting some sort of cohesion in our defence. Unfortunately the shambolic defending, not just the poor goals but also the nervousness that we saw last night could seriously derail our top four push. BR really needs to get this sorted, we cannot rely on always scoring more than we concede as that is just too dangerous a game to play, there will be games where we will need to win 1-0 but I am just not that confident we can.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Boocity » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:After Everton and Arsenal match and for the most part the WBA game I thought we were finally getting some sort of cohesion in our defence. Unfortunately the shambolic defending, not just the poor goals but also the nervousness that we saw last night could seriously derail our top four push. BR really needs to get this sorted, we cannot rely on always scoring more than we concede as that is just too dangerous a game to play, there will be games where we will need to win 1-0 but I am just not that confident we can.

:nod  agreed

The manager really has to address our Defence.

We've got a superb attack and a decent midfield but defensively we're sometimes as solid as a wet bog roll.

We blitz Arsenal 5-1 via some superb attacking football and then we go on to scrape a 3-2 win  against a team destined for relegation (?) surely that highlights the fact that it's our attack that  has been carrying us this season and it's our defence that is more than suspect. The lads up front put in their shift but can't be expected to save us game after game.

Sort it out Brendan !!!!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:
Boocity » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:After Everton and Arsenal match and for the most part the WBA game I thought we were finally getting some sort of cohesion in our defence. Unfortunately the shambolic defending, not just the poor goals but also the nervousness that we saw last night could seriously derail our top four push. BR really needs to get this sorted, we cannot rely on always scoring more than we concede as that is just too dangerous a game to play, there will be games where we will need to win 1-0 but I am just not that confident we can.

:nod  agreed

The manager really has to address our Defence.

We've got a superb attack and a decent midfield but defensively we're sometimes as solid as a wet bog roll.

We blitz Arsenal 5-1 via some superb attacking football and then we go on to scrape a 3-2 win  against a team destined for relegation (?) surely that highlights the fact that it's our attack that  has been carrying us this season and it's our defence that is more than suspect. The lads up front put in their shift but can't be expected to save us game after game.

Sort it out Brendan !!!!

Maybe BR can kick the good ol'e Dr behind and ask him to Fix Agger and Sakho as we desperately need them back.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Ironic isn't it, that it's the defense, which is the most invested area, that's been poor.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Hand on heart, we've had a lot of injuries in that department. Enrique has been out for the whole season, Sakho and Agger for a bit less than that. We've basically played our season with our second team in defense.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games