Fulham V Liverpool Wednesday 12th February 2013 - COME ON !!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:27 pm

Joao Carlos played well. Some nice passes and could have scored himself.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 pm

talk about making hard work of it  :laugh: 
massive massive win for us  :buttrock 
onwards we go
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:31 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm wrote:Joao Carlos played well. Some nice passes and could have scored himself.

Though BR brought him on at a really difficult time but he handled himself very well. Bit so a shame he didn't score from what wasn't an easy chance.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Like others have said... it's a massive win for us...

but not liking our defense and that includes Mignolet...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm wrote:Joao Carlos played well. Some nice passes and could have scored himself.

I like the boy's swagger on the ball... He looked very comfortable with the ball after coming on at a difficult time of the match. Think he could be a very important addition to the squad in the run in... well be like a new signing for us
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 pm

There is Allah...

Steven Gerrard

:bowdown

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 am

Santa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:

I like the boy's swagger on the ball... He looked very comfortable with the ball after coming on at a difficult time of the match. Think he could be a very important addition to the squad in the run in... well be like a new signing for us

He was ok nothing more let's not exaggerate. For once lets see a prospect sink a goal in and not those near misses (he should have scored not could have...) ,anyway Ibe is on my top list of players which should get substantial playing time ,looks to be the one with the most skill and potential.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:44 am

stmichael » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:11 pm wrote:Massive massive result. Bigger than the Arsenal game for me. Thought we were far improved in the 2nd half.

Not going to pick on individuals because we all know who made the mistakes. It's the result that's most important. Player coming back to strengthen the defence.

Onwards and upwards.

Spot on GREAT GREAT result. Very hard game to watch ,too many players with disappointing performance ,Suarez was the only consistent player on the pitch ,Gerrard ,Coutinho and Daniel not far behind ,the rest average at best ,Skrtel and Toure i'm not even sure what they did today ,Flanno was shaky ,Cissoko isn't a football player ,Hendo headless chicken for quite some time now (Allen should replace him for a bit) ,Sterling active but again no end product. But yes massive result. Good to see Agger back ,we really need him and Sakho quick on their feet and back in action ,we are the worst team in the league in own goals and setup for goals by the defence.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 am

Santa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:Muppet Of The Match = Toure and Skrtel

Incorrect. The fault for that goal, IMO, clearly rests on Mig's shoulders. Skrtel could not afford the ball to reach whoever it was from Fulham that was close to meeting the ball with a header. Mig should've come out and caught it.
kartiek

Postby kartiek » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 am

We needed this kind of an ugly win. We were getting too inconsistent with our performances with the lower teams. It's a mental thing - you draw 2 games against bottom of the pile teams and win handsomely against the best, and then the next time you play a lower team you start with just this extra mental baggage.
kartiek

Postby Santa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:20 am

only me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:

He was ok nothing more let's not exaggerate. For once lets see a prospect sink a goal in and not those near misses (he should have scored not could have...) ,anyway Ibe is on my top list of players which should get substantial playing time ,looks to be the one with the most skill and potential.

OK, first game in PL...came in with less than 10mins to go and we badly need another goal...probably being instructed to push, run at the opposition defence and create goal scoring opportunities (something which BR think Sterling was unable to do) and nearly scored, twice. Not impressed? Exaggerate? Gotcha!  :no  I'm sure you can do better, or know of other reserve players who can do better. I like Ibe but I think Teixeira might just be our best unearthed jewel yet.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 am

Somehow with a makeshift defence we are still in there. After watching that I almost wonder how? We have been incredibly unlucky with injuries to key defenders. Pressure and determination won the game and in fairness to Fulham after an incredibly tough match a few days earlier the last ten minutes was always going to be difficult for them.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 am

kartiek » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 am wrote:

Incorrect. The fault for that goal, IMO, clearly rests on Mig's shoulders. Skrtel could not afford the ball to reach whoever it was from Fulham that was close to meeting the ball with a header. Mig should've come out and caught it.

All night, Skrtel was like an accident ready to happen. I was seriously worried about him conceding a penalty, which he always looked capable of.

Toure have finally made Troare proud tonight  :veryangry

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm not so sure. There were mistakes all over the shop.

* Skrtel would have had a far higher chance of successfully clearing it if he had gone with his left. That said he will be disappointed that he still failed to make good contact, despite the funny angle, with his right.
* Flanagan was in a far better position and was not off balance like Skrtel. He should have called for it.
* Mignolet also could have called for it.

All in all the whole thing was disorganised. Defensively awful, every player.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm wrote:

I'm not so sure. There were mistakes all over the shop.

* Skrtel would have had a far higher chance of successfully clearing it if he had gone with his left. That said he will be disappointed that he still failed to make good contact, despite the funny angle, with his right.
* Flanagan was in a far better position and was not off balance like Skrtel. He should have called for it.
* Mignolet also could have called for it.

All in all the whole thing was disorganised. Defensively awful, every player.

Flannagan did call, Skrtel "took charge". Again between him and Mignolet an absolute embarrasment and p!ss poor. The blame on Flannagan was minimal.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games