Udinese vs Liverpool – Thursday 6th December – k/o: 6.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Would love to get to the final against cheatski. And a day out  :grinning: in Amsterdam
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby fivecups » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

john craig » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 pm wrote:Good win, good performance.  Udinese are no mugs and they were wanting to win that.  They're quality on the break with their one touch stuff as we found out at Anfield.

We played good possession football and could have had 3 or 4 goals, once again we didn't score the goals our performance deserved and that's my only gripe.  We defended really well.  Carra rolled back the years and Skrtel was a rock.  Henderson made some great runs, worked hard and deserved his goal.  I keep saying there is definitely a player in there and I stand by my prediction that he'll 'do a Lucas' and become a fan's favourite here in a few years.  His first touch needs a bit of work at times but he has some great attributes.

Looking at all the young players we have in the team it really made me think that if we could get Alonso back it would be a brilliant signing.  A bit of experience in the middle of the pitch and obviously a new striker and we'll look so much better.  I can dream!

I could be mixing you up with someone else JC, but I always thought you didn't rate Xabi??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 pm wrote:
fivecups » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm wrote:Bizarrely Spurs have just done exactly what we are talking about. Fast, direct, counter-attacking football. Who played the through ball - Clint Dempsey!!

Sorry but why is that relevant?

Clint Dempsey is a striker who should be on the end of through balls, the fact he is having to play them says to me he was never the right player for us.

I don't think he was being bought solely for his finishing. In Rodgers model he should be able to do both. Having said that, I agree with you to some extent.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:27 am

What concerns me is Liverpool now tends to have a tendency to sit back and defend whenever we get a 1-0 lead. This is tantamount to playing Russian Roullette, if you play like that against a top side, you're finished, period.
alwayslfc

Postby laza » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 am

Well in lads, job done

Now back to important business match against the hammers
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 am

Job done.

Skertel and Carra were good.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am

Good lineup ,good effort and good game. Thought Allen and Skertel were the most dominant but rest gave a decent display. Showed a lot of discipline and patience and should really have scored more to avoid the usual heart attack in the end.

Thought about Suarez and his individual play at times ,which gotta say drive me crazy ,but then I asked myself what other options does he have? the pass he gave to Soso which tried killing a pigeon instead of shooting at goal ,so as many other passes he makes...So who does he trust himself or his team mates? The answer I guess is in January.

I'm really happy we qualified in Europe ,I think contrary to others here ,Europe is a must for us ,we are an international admired team so we should make our presence felt all over Europe ,and I think for the players as well it's a great experience and exposure.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:33 pm

only me » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:13 am wrote:Good lineup ,good effort and good game. Thought Allen and Skertel were the most dominant but rest gave a decent display. Showed a lot of discipline and patience and should really have scored more to avoid the usual heart attack in the end.

Thought about Suarez and his individual play at times ,which gotta say drive me crazy ,but then I asked myself what other options does he have? the pass he gave to Soso which tried killing a pigeon instead of shooting at goal ,so as many other passes he makes...So who does he trust himself or his team mates? The answer I guess is in January.

I'm really happy we qualified in Europe ,I think contrary to others here ,Europe is a must for us ,we are an international admired team so we should make our presence felt all over Europe ,and I think for the players as well it's a great experience and exposure.

i agree we need to do well in europe but this competition is a joke, everyone knows it including uefa, thats why they are considering scrapping it and expanding the CL to include more teams.
it was better years ago when you had the european cup, uefa cup and cup winners cup.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

i agree we need to do well in europe but this competition is a joke, everyone knows it including uefa, thats why they are considering scrapping it and expanding the CL to include more teams.
it was better years ago when you had the european cup, uefa cup and cup winners cup. 

Agreed. It's been devalued too. In fact out of the league cup, FA cup, CL and the Europa, it's the Europa cup (fecking poxy name that is) that has lost most of it's appeal IMO.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 pm

An away win in Europe against a decent side is always a welcome and good result.

There were lots of decent performances but I feel the need to single out Carra.  He's been written off more times than the Greek deficit, but every time he's played recently he's been excellent.  Fair play to him.

Looking forward to the Hammers now, and seeing Lucas play again.
mkingdom

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 pm

" He's been written off more times than the Greek deficit"

I like that one :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games