LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Monday 26th December 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mistyred » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Damn can't wait untill Jan, i wish December would just bugger off already.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:21 pm

total BS !!!! we need the toughness, determination, guts, commitment,  boldness, audacity, backbone, courage, daring, fortitude, grit, heart, mettle, spine, spirit, we need some balls we need BS in our veins........
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cpc4eva

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:21 pm

isn't statistics one of the factors when signing a player apart from age and nationality?
how about this for statistics

Charlie Adam -  17 Games,  2 Goals and 4 Assists
Jordan Henderson -  17 Games,  1 Goal and 0 Assists
Stewart Downing -  17 Games, 0 Goals and 0 Assists

???
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:26 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:The biggest joke on here is simply half the reactionary posters

Giving up on the season

Wanting Rafa back

Saying Kenny isn't good enough

What a :censored: joke you lot are - get a fecking grip

If you can support us when we are not doing well then don't support us at all

It was a disappointing result with another keeper having a blinding game

But we are still just 3 points behind 4th and we are a team in transition and going through a building period - some people need to realise that a be patient .

i dunno if you've noticed, but we've not been doing well for a long time and fans have every right to ask questions after our team serves up sh!te like that.

Remember Wigan?  the team we struggled to get a draw against?  Man Utd just destroyed them....we're a MILLION MILES AWAY from a title challenge and we've gone BACKWARDS since kenny spent big in the summer.

And on the subject of signings...i've never seen so much money paid for so much dross.  Adam, Downing, Henderson....they are not good enough and the fact we paid 50 million for them is a fecking joke.

Hear hear..
I feel the current situation is self created and is in fact a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We said the opponents goal keepers over performed. We rue our missed chances and the hit on the cross bar. Why are these happening at the same time? I feel the answer is more likely that we didn't create a clear enough chance most of the time. When we have half a chance the players took it and nothing comes out of it. This increases our goal attempts without increasing the goal count.

The second is that we keep missing out on the rebound after a failed goal attempts. If only we have a better connectivity between midfield and attacking players.

Thirdly, (and most frequently) LFC players can't shoot outside the box or just inside the pen box. They keep sending the ball to the stand. I just don't understand why they keep over-hitting the ball and sending to the stadium's roof. Why can't they shoot? It is so basic.
Thinkpad

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Interesting.  Behind Skrtel, I thought Downing was our best player today.  Over and over and over again, he  flew past their players down the line.  Almost everything we created was from Downing's side.  Him and Johnson worked that right side like crazy the whole game, and Downing blew past their LB time and time again.  He had a couple really good balls into the box as well.  Unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Carroll was extremely unlucky not to score 3 times today.  His header that just glanced by the post was really well done, but the fact is that twice, the goalkeeper made incredible world class saves.  Better saves then the keepers have been making against Suarez, who we have backed unconditionally despite being quite possibly the most wasteful player in the entire premier league.  Don't get me wrong, he's one of our best players and I'd rather have him in the starting lineup then any player other than Stevie, but he's wasteful.  Carroll almost scored in the first and somehow the keeper got his hand to it, and at the death he had a great effort saved by a save of the season contender.  Carroll worked his socks off today often dropping back and sneaking in tackles on their miss when they weren't looking.  I actually thought he played pretty well.

But most of you guys get the idea in your head we've wasted money on these boys, and you're so damn biased and close-minded about it that you won't actually admit when they have a decent game.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Metalhead shouldn't be starting any matchthreads anymore :angry:  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:The biggest joke on here is simply half the reactionary posters

Giving up on the season

Wanting Rafa back

Saying Kenny isn't good enough

What a :censored: joke you lot are - get a fecking grip

If you can support us when we are not doing well then don't support us at all

It was a disappointing result with another keeper having a blinding game

But we are still just 3 points behind 4th and we are a team in transition and going through a building period - some people need to realise that a be patient .

+1
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:34 pm

ethanr wrote:Interesting.  Behind Skrtel, I thought Downing was our best player today.  Over and over and over again, he  flew past their players down the line.  Almost everything we created was from Downing's side.  Him and Johnson worked that right side like crazy the whole game, and Downing blew past their LB time and time again.  He had a couple really good balls into the box as well.  Unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Carroll was extremely unlucky not to score 3 times today.  His header that just glanced by the post was really well done, but the fact is that twice, the goalkeeper made incredible world class saves.  Better saves then the keepers have been making against Suarez, who we have backed unconditionally despite being quite possibly the most wasteful player in the entire premier league.  Don't get me wrong, he's one of our best players and I'd rather have him in the starting lineup then any player other than Stevie, but he's wasteful.  Carroll almost scored in the first and somehow the keeper got his hand to it, and at the death he had a great effort saved by a save of the season contender.  Carroll worked his socks off today often dropping back and sneaking in tackles on their miss when they weren't looking.  I actually thought he played pretty well.

But most of you guys get the idea in your head we've wasted money on these boys, and you're so damn biased and close-minded about it that you won't actually admit when they have a decent game.

Working hard is great. But would you prefer to have a group of 11 Dirk Kuyt in Liverpool? Will Liverpool win every match just by having a very hardworking team? Don't get me wrong, I love hard working players. I think they ought to be hardworking and run their socks off. But what we really need is some creativity and ability to dribble pass players and deliver good crosses. Not to mentioned ability to shoot.... not just at women.
Thinkpad

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Absolute rubbish today again and we need to re think the plan and fix it big time in January. Too many players under performing individually and collectively so its back to the drawing board I am afraid. Whats clear to me now is the business we have done in the last year has not made one bit of difference and arguably has seen us take a step back. Personally I would wipe the board clean and go into January looking to slot new faces into a revised strategy. Enoughs enough and hanging around waiting for it work is not the way to success.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:40 pm

At home to the worst team in the league, a terrible outfit with no confidence and a manager whom no-one (bar the owners) likes... it was harder not to win.

Looking at the team sheet... 5 of the front 6 were Kenny signings... 3 of whom..Carroll, the very mention of his name riles me, Downing, Henderson... thats 70 million. That first half was as toothless as ive seen from a Liverpool team. At Villa (with Bellamy) our forward play was good, in comes the static geordie carthorse and the play is stifled.

You live and die by your signings, Kenny has been shocking.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Thinkpad wrote:
ethanr wrote:Interesting.  Behind Skrtel, I thought Downing was our best player today.  Over and over and over again, he  flew past their players down the line.  Almost everything we created was from Downing's side.  Him and Johnson worked that right side like crazy the whole game, and Downing blew past their LB time and time again.  He had a couple really good balls into the box as well.  Unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Working hard is great. But would you prefer to have a group of 11 Dirk Kuyt in Liverpool? Will Liverpool win every match just by having a very hardworking team? Don't get me wrong, I love hard working players. I think they ought to be hardworking and run their socks off. But what we really need is some creativity and ability to dribble pass players and deliver good crosses. Not to mentioned ability to shoot.... not just at women.

And I get what you're saying, but at the same time that's 3 really decent chances Carroll had that nobody else on the team did.  He was there to put them away, and was extremely unlucky to go without a goal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redhayesy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:02 pm

sorry mate but totally disagree with you on this. i'm going to bump my post i made about andy carroll cause he has & never will be the kind of player who is good enough for me!

he proved yet again today the difference between a top class stiker & an average striker. it's all about expectations mate for me. at newcastle he played their way-so played to their strengths-big fish in a little pond always springs to mind with me-cause that sums up andy carroll for me-& it's my opinion.

iv'e kept quiet up till now cause iv'e been hoping he will prove me wrong,every time he puts on the famous red shirt! but when given a chance you have to take it -it's as simple as that.

forget the price tag -he has been given the best chance of his football life to take the next step up in is career,not just at club level but at international level also! what has happened-for me playing for LFC is to big a step for him,futher more he's dropped from the national side aswell.

i find it so frustrating with players like carroll cause today he proved yet again his attitude is all wrong-i thought he was lazy,showed a poor touch when he got the ball & lacked concentration when the ball went into the box throughout the whole game. cause if otherwise he would have scored at least 2 goals today. you can argue the keeper made good saves but for me he shouldn't of been able to save them in the first place! let alone the header that went wide.

as for downing-he is so frustrating also- he would rather play another pass to a player ie johnson rather than take the defence on & really hurt them as a result -for me it's no surprise he hasn't fecking scored yet. his crosses at times are wastefull,that when the oppo defence get to the first header etc theirs no one in the right place or show the urgency to get into the posistion to get the ball into the backm of the net!

the lack of urgency combined with taking our chances when they did come in the first 30 mins of today's game has cost us yet again-so for me the tactics from kenny where their etc it's just our lack of quality we have to kill teams off early on in games that is the problem-hence the likes of andy carroll not taking his chance when given. i still hope he proves me wrong but after watching his attitude & body language -it's him that is the problem no-one else,he's just not good enough & doesn't what to prove for me otherwise!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Sunderland
Norwich
Swansea
Fulham
Wigan
Blackburn

5 points.    :Oo:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Dundalk wrote:Sunderland
Norwich
Swansea
Fulham
Wigan
Blackburn

5 points.    :Oo:

FFS !!!! thats not funny............ 18 points from that lot and we would be on top right now......
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cpc4eva

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Metalhead shouldn't be starting any matchthreads anymore :angry:  :D

Yeh its not working :down:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games