LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Monday 26th December 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:27 am

Adam, Downing, Henderson so far are not up to the mark. I wonder why Kenny signed them? Could it be that we now have a dud signing culture here in Liverpool that started by Rafa? I remember during KD's first tenure here, virtually all his signings were excellent players.

I still put it down to A.C. being one of the main reason for our poor performance. KD either thought he'd be a prolific scorer OR trying to justify the 35 mill. bought so many midfielders to service him and neglected signing more strikers in the summer and his plan went up in smoke. But if Henry is willing to splash in Jan. we're still in with a fighting chance to finish 4th by signing a creative midfielder and a clinical finisher.  Adam, Downing and Henders on their day do play well.
alwayslfc

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 am

alwayslfc wrote:I still put it down to A.C. being one of the main reason for our poor performance. KD either thought he'd be a prolific scorer OR trying to justify the 35 mill. bought so many midfielders to service him and neglected signing more strikers in the summer and his plan went up in smoke.

Agree with that.  Kenny signed the big man thinking that he'd be a prolific striker.  We signed Adam knowing that he had very good stats at set pieces and thinking his corners to Carroll would provide lots of goals.  We signed Downing because he had lots of assists for Villa and Kenny probably thought he'd supply Carroll with lots of crosses.  Same for Henderson on the right.  Fenway are big into statistics and Adam, Downing and Hendo had some of the best stats at their clubs last season.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06 am

Why the hell didnt he start with Bellamy??

I dont get it. Hes being playing great, and is our most creative player.

The Benitez philosophy must be still in the dressing room. "Play too well, and your dropped" :D
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:18 pm

its a sign of the expectation held so high that we're complainin about the results we're gettin when in truth this is probably the best football we've seen since the run includin beatin th mancs at the theatre of queens an real madrid by an absolute country mile. The only thing missin in my opinion is stickin it home - the build up play, the overall effort, the attitude all seem to be somewhat improved on the last coupla seasons, and in truth only a few world class saves from unbelievably performin keepers and an extraodinarily ridiculous finishin to shots ratio is whats keepin us in 6th and not higher. I reckon its fair to say if hodgson had got this type of performance and a similar results record he wouldnt have been hounded out (and i'll happily admit i wanted shot of him) and that maybe we'd have had 18 months continuity instead of 12.....

Its hard to believe that Kuyt cant find the net after being fairly valuable in recent seasons, and yes its undeniable that the likes of Downing and Henderson have to improve and go for goal more - but then do we accept that they have a go and allow for the fact they'll miss more than they score or do we slander them evry time the ball ends up in the Kop? As for Carroll.... hmmm, hard to say anythin other than he's strugglin to even look average, tho that last minute attempt y/day was incredibly unlucky in that the save will be amongst the top 5 this season imo. Who knows, alongside Gerrard and Suarez and given game time (almost guaranteed if Luis' ban fails the appeal) then he may surprise us - after all who can play someone in better in our side than Gerrard?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games