LIVERPOOL vs UDINESE 10/04 19:05 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:01 am

damjan193 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 pm wrote:Out of the starters, only Reina, Johnson and Allen weren't reserves.

So far this season. Last season Downing and Henderson were our big signings and regulars. So that puts it up to 5. Borini has been a regular up until his knock, so thats 6. Shelvey has been a bit part player, 7, Assaidi is a new signing and is gradually being introduced to team. Carragher, no explanation needed so thats 8.

Im sorry, that is not a reserve team.

Then what is our reserve team? Suso and Wisdom?

Jones, Pacheco, Wilson, Coady, Morgan. To name just a few.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am

One thing which football managers seem to forget when picking players for such competition is the CONFIDENCE factor a team must have in order to improve. Yeh i read a million time BR has the Premier leagure on his top concerns and that is why he needs to rest his top players ,but a loss or a bad result is impacing the over all CONFIDENCE level of the team and those who "rested" are impacted as well. Do you think the atmosphere in the dressing room in front of the Stoke game is going to be high? Do you think confidence level is sky rockting? FFs you had a great win over Norwich ,why not keep hammering? go for a win ,build Confidence ,it is so vital yet we keep playing those so silly tricks of resting players and managing minutes and to what end? stupid calculation which never prooven to be right.  I never seen a top team in the PL which tires from game to a game. It's BS.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am

only me » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am wrote:One thing which football managers seem to forget when picking players for such competition is the CONFIDENCE factor a team must have in order to improve. Yeh i read a million time BR has the Premier leagure on his top concerns and that is why he needs to rest his top players ,but a loss or a bad result is impacing the over all CONFIDENCE level of the team and those who "rested" are impacted as well. Do you think the atmosphere in the dressing room in front of the Stoke game is going to be high? Do you think confidence level is sky rockting? FFs you had a great win over Norwich ,why not keep hammering? go for a win ,build Confidence ,it is so vital yet we keep playing those so silly tricks of resting players and managing minutes and to what end? stupid calculation which never prooven to be right.  I never seen a top team in the PL which tires from game to a game. It's BS.

In fairness, we lost last night because the few chances Udinese had, they took. We did go for the win. We dominated that match, and Rodgers brought on two key players to ensure the win. I dont share the concerns you have.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am

The youngsters aren't the only ones that are reserves. Only regular starters like Reina, Johnson, Allen, Suarez etc. can't be reserves. The likes of Downing and Henderson are. Sure, they are big money signings, but they are still reserves. A player like Henderson who has played only 15 minutes of Premier League football this season should definitely be considered as a reserve.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 am

BR knows how to talk well and has certainly improved our style of playing compare to the team last season in terms of possession and fluid attacking football. But the results are not there. The results and PL table standing do not lie. Brendan can talk as much as he like and go on to play impressive football but if we are not getting the results, he is still not good enough to manage Liverpool that will always have high ambitions.

So far he is the reverse of Houllier. Liverpool under Houllier were very defensive and sometimes played boring football but he could get the results and I think he got us to qualify for CL every season in charge. Now, I would rather see that than play brilliantly and lose most of the games.
alwayslfc

Postby Raoul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 am

alwayslfc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:53 am wrote:BR knows how to talk well and has certainly improved our style of playing compare to the team last season in terms of possession and fluid attacking football. But the results are not there. The results and PL table standing do not lie. Brendan can talk as much as he like and go on to play impressive football but if we are not getting the results, he is still not good enough to manage Liverpool that will always have high ambitions.

So far he is the reverse of Houllier. Liverpool under Houllier were very defensive and sometimes played boring football but he could get the results and I think he got us to qualify for CL every season in charge. Now, I would rather see that than play brilliantly and lose most of the games.

My friend, this is ridiculous. If we were well into BR's second season, and we are still seeing these defensive frailties and toothless attack costing us games, then you would have a point. But he has only just arrived, and we've seen real progress in the changes he is installing. Too early, way to early.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 am

Raoul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 am wrote:
alwayslfc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:53 am wrote:BR knows how to talk well and has certainly improved our style of playing compare to the team last season in terms of possession and fluid attacking football. But the results are not there. The results and PL table standing do not lie. Brendan can talk as much as he like and go on to play impressive football but if we are not getting the results, he is still not good enough to manage Liverpool that will always have high ambitions.

My friend, this is ridiculous. If we were well into BR's second season, and we are still seeing these defensive frailties and toothless attack costing us games, then you would have a point. But he has only just arrived, and we've seen real progress in the changes he is installing. Too early, way to early.

Totaly agree .passing judgment at this stage of the year is not serious ,and that's the mildest word i could find. His tactics and philosophy will succeed at end i have no doubt. He just needs to make some tweaks ,mainly play the right players which can support his system and bring us the wins.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

One more quick obervation ,just been watching the "Being Liverpool" doc and couldn't but notice that in the qualifiying game to the European league (against Gommel?) BR let Gerrad, Suarez, Skertel and Agger start and play...So what's the deal here? play your best against a much less talented team as Gommel but then rest them when you are already their....Just interesting how decisions are made.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 am

only me » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 am wrote:One more quick obervation ,just been watching the "Being Liverpool" doc and couldn't but notice that in the qualifiying game to the European league (against Gommel?) BR let Gerrad, Suarez, Skertel and Agger start and play...So what's the deal here? play your best against a much less talented team as Gommel but then rest them when you are already their....Just interesting how decisions are made.

It's not rocket science is it?

The game against FC Gomel was essentially a pre-season game for the like of Gerrard and co. They hadn't been involved for most of the warm up games.

I think the team selection was spot on last night, why risk injury and tiredness against Stoke on Sunday for the group stages of the Europa league. Call me crazy but surely a decent league finish is more important than the Europa League?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am

I thought the first half performance was extremely exciting, encouraging and above all else entertaining and that isn't a word I have used that often in relation to most of Liverpool's performances over the last few years. Udinese in the second half were impressively clinical and capitalised on some Liverpool errors of which there were not that many. Early days and I am a lot happier about our future potential than I have been for a very long time!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am

Would you blame Rodgers if he didnt take cups seriously?
We did sack a man that got us to 2 cup finals because the league position wasnt good enough.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm

The reason I was annoyed last night is that winning breeds confidence, confidence equates to success.
Boxscarf

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm

The team BR put out last night should have comfortably won that game but they were lazy beyond belief in the 2nd half. Too many of them just standing and watching instead working hard. We bossed the game in the 1st half with lots of passing and movement keeping control of the ball. When Udinese did get the ball we were quick to close down and harried their players to win the ball back.

We didn't do that right from the whistle in the 2nd half, it was like they were playing musical fecking statues whilst Udinese ran amok!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm wrote:

We didn't do that right from the whistle in the 2nd half, it was like they were playing musical fecking statues whilst Udinese ran amok!

Then Rodgers needs to sort that out ASAP. He's the manager, he's accountable, he needs to ensure that the players are doing their jobs to the highest possible standard and if they aren't, heads need to roll.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm wrote:
RUSHIE#9 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm wrote:

Then Rodgers needs to sort that out ASAP. He's the manager, he's accountable, he needs to ensure that the players are doing their jobs to the highest possible standard and if they aren't, heads need to roll.

yeah because it's obviously rodgers fault that johnson decided to give the ball away sloppily for the first goal or gerrard for the 3rd goal and then couldn't be bothered to track back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games