LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Monday 26th December 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:21 pm

that was a terrible game to watch.
i still cant believe we couldnt beat that lot.it sickens me infact.
so so wasteful and its becoming a crisis now and damaging the confidence throughout the team.our midfield is shocking and they look like they havent a clue what there at.they are operating at a snails pace and the support is non existent in forward positions.
the only plus from that dross was that gerrard came back and instantly the players around him upped their game,so maybe his return could be a turning point for us.
i believe that were much better than that even with the players here but something isnt right,either the tactics being employed or the players not being able to suit them,but its a concern and something that needs to be knocked on the head pretty sharpish.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:35 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:The biggest joke on here is simply half the reactionary posters

Giving up on the season

Wanting Rafa back

Saying Kenny isn't good enough

What a :censored: joke you lot are - get a fecking grip

If you can support us when we are not doing well then don't support us at all

It was a disappointing result with another keeper having a blinding game

But we are still just 3 points behind 4th and we are a team in transition and going through a building period - some people need to realise that a be patient .

i dunno if you've noticed, but we've not been doing well for a long time and fans have every right to ask questions after our team serves up sh!te like that.

Remember Wigan?  the team we struggled to get a draw against?  Man Utd just destroyed them....we're a MILLION MILES AWAY from a title challenge and we've gone BACKWARDS since kenny spent big in the summer.

And on the subject of signings...i've never seen so much money paid for so much dross.  Adam, Downing, Henderson....they are not good enough and the fact we paid 50 million for them is a fecking joke.

How did we go backwards? we were 5 points off the bottom of the table in the same time last season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:39 pm

I guess it was one of those games, eh? I was listening it on the radio... remind me not to do that again... almost had a stroke in the final minutes "This is surely the last chance for the Reds. There's a cross and CARROLL! What a miss, ANOTHER CHANCE... cleared from the goal line, the match ends in a draw"... I almost blacked out...

Anyway, heard that Carroll had a good game, I guess that's a plus. Heard he also had a hair cut?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Dundalk wrote:Sunderland
Norwich
Swansea
Fulham
Wigan
Blackburn

5 points.    :Oo:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot  :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Am speechless, don't know what to think anymore am numb. Seriously what can we do?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:34 am

dundreamin wrote:Am speechless, don't know what to think anymore am numb. Seriously what can we do?

Start sticking the ball in the back of the net would help.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Sunderland
Norwich
Swansea
Fulham
Wigan
Blackburn

5 points.    :Oo:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot  :O

You will be adding Newcastle on that list next.

Will draw 1-1. You heard it here first.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:50 am

Jesus wept....the missus bought me flights and tickets for the Merseyside derby in Feb.....I can't be ar$ed at this point, goin' all that way for a lousy point....
Truly awful again today. How the (once) mighty have fallen. Where is the next Fowler, Owen, Rush, Aldo....? Can we stick a 15 year old up front and see if he can do any better ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 am

redhayesy wrote:
ethanr wrote:Interesting.  Behind Skrtel, I thought Downing was our best player today.  Over and over and over again, he  flew past their players down the line.  Almost everything we created was from Downing's side.  Him and Johnson worked that right side like crazy the whole game, and Downing blew past their LB time and time again.  He had a couple really good balls into the box as well.  Unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Carroll was extremely unlucky not to score 3 times today.  His header that just glanced by the post was really well done, but the fact is that twice, the goalkeeper made incredible world class saves.  Better saves then the keepers have been making against Suarez, who we have backed unconditionally despite being quite possibly the most wasteful player in the entire premier league.  Don't get me wrong, he's one of our best players and I'd rather have him in the starting lineup then any player other than Stevie, but he's wasteful.  Carroll almost scored in the first and somehow the keeper got his hand to it, and at the death he had a great effort saved by a save of the season contender.  Carroll worked his socks off today often dropping back and sneaking in tackles on their miss when they weren't looking.  I actually thought he played pretty well.

But most of you guys get the idea in your head we've wasted money on these boys, and you're so damn biased and close-minded about it that you won't actually admit when they have a decent game.

sorry mate but totally disagree with you on this. i'm going to bump my post i made about andy carroll cause he has & never will be the kind of player who is good enough for me!

he proved yet again today the difference between a top class stiker & an average striker. it's all about expectations mate for me. at newcastle he played their way-so played to their strengths-big fish in a little pond always springs to mind with me-cause that sums up andy carroll for me-& it's my opinion.

iv'e kept quiet up till now cause iv'e been hoping he will prove me wrong,every time he puts on the famous red shirt! but when given a chance you have to take it -it's as simple as that.

forget the price tag -he has been given the best chance of his football life to take the next step up in is career,not just at club level but at international level also! what has happened-for me playing for LFC is to big a step for him,futher more he's dropped from the national side aswell.

i find it so frustrating with players like carroll cause today he proved yet again his attitude is all wrong-i thought he was lazy,showed a poor touch when he got the ball & lacked concentration when the ball went into the box throughout the whole game. cause if otherwise he would have scored at least 2 goals today. you can argue the keeper made good saves but for me he shouldn't of been able to save them in the first place! let alone the header that went wide.

as for downing-he is so frustrating also- he would rather play another pass to a player ie johnson rather than take the defence on & really hurt them as a result -for me it's no surprise he hasn't fecking scored yet. his crosses at times are wastefull,that when the oppo defence get to the first header etc theirs no one in the right place or show the urgency to get into the posistion to get the ball into the backm of the net!

the lack of urgency combined with taking our chances when they did come in the first 30 mins of today's game has cost us yet again-so for me the tactics from kenny where their etc it's just our lack of quality we have to kill teams off early on in games that is the problem-hence the likes of andy carroll not taking his chance when given. i still hope he proves me wrong but after watching his attitude & body language -it's him that is the problem no-one else,he's just not good enough & doesn't what to prove for me otherwise!

Totally agree. Kenny has to admit that his purchases were poor and ask from the owners one last splash of the cash in the January window.

Also It's amazing to see how obvious the skill gap between Gerrard and others is. Our captain comes on and instantly shows the likes of Downing and Adam how to put in a decent cross with his free kick. And how to add pressure their defence when he surged forward exploiting the gap that Blackburn players left behind...Sigh... We haven't been able to replace Gerrard yet...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:22 am

Like all of us here, I'm bitterly disappointed with the result. A 1-1 draw against bottom club is just not acceptable even for a mid table club.

I watched KD's post match BBC interview and he was acting as the positive ambassador for Liverpool ie, smiling, talked about us having lots of possession, created many goal scoring chances, their goalkeeper were outstanding etc. Well, I suppose if I were him, I'd said the same in public. But I'm sure in his heart he was more disappointed than us.

I haven't seen much criticism of KD, but the question is, had the manager not been KD, (ie our greatest player of all time, a spectacular manager in his first spell), would every body be asking for his head?

Could Liverpool's current malaise be the manager's inept tactics and the dud signings(Henderson, Adam, Carroll)? I think KD ought to be judged at the end of May and whether he should continue on with next season or not. What do you all think?
alwayslfc

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:29 am

alwayslfc wrote:Could Liverpool's current malaise be the manager's inept tactics and the dud signings(Henderson, Adam, Carroll)? I think KD ought to be judged at the end of May and whether he should continue on with next season or not. What do you all think?

Inept tactics?  We've given up 14 goals, same as the Mancs.  4 of which came in a 4-0 loss to Spurs (3 of them when we had 9 on the pitch).  We have had great possesion and have had a TON of chances.  Players in position to score goals and just flat out blowing the opportunities away.  May be a stretch to say the tactis are "Spot On"  but they are not far from it. 

Our lone problem has been rippling the twine.  People can argue that Bellamy should play more or Maxi should play more etc.  Or Carroll and Suarez should play more together Blah Blah Blah.  Our league leader in goal scoring has 5 flippin' goals (in the league).  We've missed 3 of four Pens FFS.  Converting 2 of those 3 misses would have us in fourth.

Having said that.  No IMO Kenny is not at fault for where we are.  I'd go so far as to say the players have let him and the rest of the coaching staff down immensely.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 am

The Good Yank wrote:No IMO Kenny is not at fault for where we are.  I'd go so far as to say the players have let him and the rest of the coaching staff down immensely.

Which players? The ones Kenny bought in aren't performing, Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing aren't good enough to wear our beloved shirt, that was obvious to some when they came in and it is clear as day to many right now.

These players WON'T get your fourth and they are LIGHT YEARS AWAY from winning you titles AND Kenny brought them in. Another season without CL is f**king unacceptable WE all know that.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 am

I was at the game, cannot believe we couldn't beat them.
They are a poor side to say the least.

I though Downing did ok, true some things didn't come off for him but he wanted the ball all the time and ran his full back ragged in the 1st half.
With some better decision making from Suarez he would have had an assist.
His final ball was woeful at times.

The biggest culprits though were our midfield, who constantly sit too deep, there must have been 3 or 4 corners we had when the ball was cleared to the edge of their area where they had a few players waiting and we had none.
You would think Henderson would take a chance every now and again and get forward, is that too much to ask?
It is just safe sideways passes from him, I can't believe he is a regular in our team, he was a total waste of money when we are short of goals and creativity.
It says something when David Dunn is the best midfielder on show.
Only when a very rusty looking Gerrard came on did we have any energy at all from midfield.

With Maxi scoring it's hard to criticise him but he never goes outside his man, he must be the easiest player to mark as you know what he will do.

You have to question why Kenny keeps picking Henderson and yet again just giving Bellamy 10 minutes. I don't get it.

We have to act in the transfer window, a goal scorer and a creative midfield player (Modric, Mata, Arteta, Van der Vaart type) are a must.

The mancs have put five past Wigan and had nearly a whole team out injured.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:09 am

eds wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:No IMO Kenny is not at fault for where we are.  I'd go so far as to say the players have let him and the rest of the coaching staff down immensely.

Which players? The ones Kenny bought in aren't performing, Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing aren't good enough to wear our beloved shirt, that was obvious to some when they came in and it is clear as day to many right now.

These players WON'T get your fourth and they are LIGHT YEARS AWAY from winning you titles AND Kenny brought them in. Another season without CL is f**king unacceptable WE all know that.

I think what could be said in Kenny's defence ,that none of those players are playing to their own standard. I mean we can argue if those are the right players for LFC but we can't aruge they are all playing beneath their potential and capabilities and this is really hurting us.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 am

Poor result yesterday, agree that our midfield sat far too deep and aren't helping the strikers out enough.  Whether they were instructed to do this or not is another question.  Also thought Carroll was fairly useless, doesnt seem to take up the right positions in the box when the ball comes in.

Hard to know what to be suggesting anymore...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games