LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Zidane » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 am

I'm looking forward to the match as I always do whenever we play no matter who it is but I think Anfield is going to be a bad atmosphere I hope not though!
Zidane

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:54 am

Horia 3, welcome to newkit and thank you for taking the time to post up the info.

personally i hope we go for it but i guess we`ll just have to wait for the team sheet to see how much Rafa wants it.

come on Redmen
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:32 am

john craig wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Worryingly though Rafa will play a strong side instead of resting our key players for the league and securing 4th, because he sees winning a trophy may increase his chances of a job here next season.

Know that for a fact do you?

No. I'm not one of those one here who reckon they "inside knowledge". ???

Just my opinion of what he'll do.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
john craig wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Worryingly though Rafa will play a strong side instead of resting our key players for the league and securing 4th, because he sees winning a trophy may increase his chances of a job here next season.

Know that for a fact do you?

No. I'm not one of those one here who reckon they "inside knowledge". ???

Just my opinion of what he'll do.

Read back your original post, thats how it seems.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Deluxe wrote:Unfortunately Unirea seems weaker than some months ago. Not only for the winter break, but for losing some important players and their coach Dan Petrescu.
Unirea is the only Romanian team that didn´t sign a single player during the winter break (and ironically they are the only one still alive in Europe).

The new coach is the Israeli Ronny Levi. I don´t think he will make big tactical changes in the games against Liverpool. A 4-5-1 and playing counters.

This was their famous win at Glasgow Rangers stadium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0R9sCMyOi4

Why is it unfortunate that they are weaker??
heimdall

Postby xxTorresxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm

heimdall wrote:
Deluxe wrote:Unfortunately Unirea seems weaker than some months ago. Not only for the winter break, but for losing some important players and their coach Dan Petrescu.
Unirea is the only Romanian team that didn´t sign a single player during the winter break (and ironically they are the only one still alive in Europe).

The new coach is the Israeli Ronny Levi. I don´t think he will make big tactical changes in the games against Liverpool. A 4-5-1 and playing counters.

This was their famous win at Glasgow Rangers stadium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0R9sCMyOi4

Why is it unfortunate that they are weaker??

I think he's speaking on Unirea's behalf.
Last edited by xxTorresxx on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxTorresxx

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 pm

puroresu wrote:Euro disney cup.  rather be out of it.

Euro Disney LEAGUE, ffs  :veryangry

:D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm

It might be a good idea to play the first team vs Unirea as legend Ian St. John said on 'This Is Anfield' If we beat Unirea 3,4 or 5-0 with our fist team it may just give everyone the boost we need just like last season when we beat R.Madrid at Anfield. Momentum is everything. He also said that resting players for the City game is a ridiculous thing as he belives they should be able to cope with playing a game a few days after.
Last edited by xxTorresxx on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxTorresxx

Postby Deluxe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm

xxTorresxx wrote:
heimdall wrote:Why is it unfortunate that they are weaker??

I think he's speaking on Unirea's behalf.

Exactly  :;):
Last edited by Deluxe on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deluxe

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 am

Reina

Kelly                      Agger                Skrtel              Aurelio

Masch                Aquilani

Kuyt                                 Gerrard                        Riera

Babel

Strong team , no :censored: around , its a chance to win some silverware , lets go for it . I'm going for a 2-0 win
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Reina

Babel

Strong team , no :censored: around , its a chance to win some silverware , lets go for it . I'm going for a 2-0 win

But something looks to have clearly been overlooked, the small matter of a VITAL game on Sunday against the side best placed to deprive us of fourth spot and that surely takes precedence over a poxy cup that is still many rounds from the final!?!?!?

If we lose on Sunday because a player picks up an injury or is tired (not that likely given our lack of game last weekend) then we'd be fuming. There's what two days between our game on THURSDAY and Sunday for the last game we have which can deny rivals points and give ourselves an edge.

Not to mention the question whether we want to progress with some chance but no guarantee of winning a competition. This is the L32 stage, two ties per stage so nine games before we might be in the final. If we get to the semis at the cost of fourth would people be happy?
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Owzat wrote:

Babel

But something looks to have clearly been overlooked, the small matter of a VITAL game on Sunday against the side best placed to deprive us of fourth spot and that surely takes precedence over a poxy cup that is still many rounds from the final!?!?!?

If we lose on Sunday because a player picks up an injury or is tired (not that likely given our lack of game last weekend) then we'd be fuming. There's what two days between our game on THURSDAY and Sunday for the last game we have which can deny rivals points and give ourselves an edge.

Not to mention the question whether we want to progress with some chance but no guarantee of winning a competition. This is the L32 stage, two ties per stage so nine games before we might be in the final. If we get to the semis at the cost of fourth would people be happy?

We need some momentum. If we beat Unirea 3 or 4-0, imagine the boost that would give to everyone. They are pro-footballers and should be able to cope with playing a game a few days after.
xxTorresxx

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Have you just got Internet access all of a sudden ? You're posting like a lunatic since yesterday :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby xxTorresxx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Have you just got Internet access all of a sudden ? You're posting like a lunatic since yesterday :laugh:

Yep, my laptop 'broke' a few weeks ago and I was waiting for my free 'replacement'  :nod
Last edited by xxTorresxx on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxTorresxx

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Owzat wrote:

Babel

is it really to much to ask that we go for the only chance of silverware this season and fight for fourth place.

injuries can happen to anyone at any point in a game or in  training so never understood this idea about not playing someone just incase, ok maybe the week before a cup final if all you have is a meaningless league game or a CL group game when you`ve already qualified, but surely not now when we have something to play for.

just dont see how risking losing on thursday helps anyone when we could still lose on sunday and then be totally fooked.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games