Liverpool v Everton Saturday 7th February 2015 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Ibe's a live wire tonight...Can's a monster and have Lukaku in his pocket all night. Stevie got no impact tonight and should have been substituted
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Weren't at the race's today and that combined with Everton being more concerned about not losing the game, really contributed to this turning out to be a draw. Also thought the condition of the pitch was pretty poor to
Doeboy

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:25 pm

only me » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:22 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm wrote:What the f*ck? Are we settling for a draw?

yep....politics win today Liverpool lose...better luck next time

You're obsessed. Jesus Christ, give it up.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Shanks Forever » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Kack game full stop.
Ibe  played well 1st half.

One to forget
Last edited by Shanks Forever on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanks Forever
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:33 pm

ethanr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:22 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm wrote:What the f*ck? Are we settling for a draw?

yep....politics win today Liverpool lose...better luck next time

You're obsessed. Jesus Christ, give it up.

I'm obsessed with us winning and looking for professional decisions going forward...Sorry mate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Match failed to live up to the build-up. Good set-up change (to 4-3-3) from Martinez stopped us controlling the midfield. Our linkup play wasn't that sharp today. I assume Coutinho was injured hence the sub. Does anyone else feel our off the ball running lets us down? So many times the player on the ball was looking around trying to find someone to pass too leading to a slow-down in play and missed opportunites.

Anyway, our unbeaten run continues, we were the better team and yes, it will be a tough one against Spurs midweek but we are unrecognisable compared to the start of the season. Fair play to Rodgers and the players for turning it around.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:01 pm

That wasn't exactly a classic and it wasn't a great result in terms of trying to achieve top four either.
Losing 2 key players didn't help but IMO they were there for the taking, that was about as insipid a performance that I've ever seen from an Everton side at home in a derby.
We just couldn't capitalise though, Sakho had his worst game in 12 months, Gerrard was completely anonymous and one or two others looked a bit leggy which is not really surprising given the amount of football we've played lately.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm not starting the next match thread !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Santa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Ibe's a live wire tonight...Can's a monster and have Lukaku in his pocket all night. Stevie got no impact tonight and should have been substituted

I don't think Lukaku is a particularly good player. Yes he is will get goals as he is awkward with his size and strength but watching him today, his movement and awareness is absolutely dire. Touch not great either. In fact if you can match him up physically (which is not easy job), I don't think there is much left. I think Maureen knew and no surprise he shipped him out.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Firstly the noise generated by both sets of fans was practically ear splitting,so kudos to the atmosphere and the passionate support a Merseyside Derby drums up.
The game itself was awful ,its a genuine shame the players  couldn't reciprocate the support they were afforded ,because that has to be one of the worst Derby's
I've attended in recent years. Gerrard was a complete non entity ,his inclusion was supposed to inspire the players around him ,but to be brutally honest his lack
of pace left the rest of our attacking players isolated,specifically Sturridge when he was introduced .....The Bitterz improved dramatically after the withdrawal
of Lucas and suddenly our back three looked under constant pressure ,it signifies Lucas's importance to this team ,because without him to mop up we looked in
complete disarray ,Joe Allen offered absolutely zip in terms of closing play down ,he's a willing runner ,but in terms of adding solidity is about as effective as
loose slates in a hurricane.

Markovic ,I don't know the extent of his injury ,and whether he's ready to give 90 or even 45 minutes ,but surely he was an option to remove Gerrard from a torturous
game ..... Again Rodgers lack of tactical nous was alarming to us observers ,I mean how can you remove Sterling for Lambert and then adhere to the same game plan  ???

Take away the one player who spearheads the system we play because of his pace and trickery to replace him with a player bereft of speed ,and for that matter thought
leaving our main striker and soul threat having to drop deep rather than be isolated up front ...... I hope Coutinho was injured because his withdrawal falls under the
same sense of bemusement as Sterling's.

Emre Can is a fantastic player his composure under pressure belies his age ,the lad plays like a seasoned pro ,but my man of the match has to be Skrtel who was
practically faultless earlier.

In summation that has to be one of the worst derby's in recent memory ,the Bitterz were open to slaughter,and yet we failed to utilize our greatest threat,our speed
of thought.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:38 am

It was a tough and very physical match.  Don't think that the bitterz were there for the taking. Tackles were full on. Even if they werent tackling,  the body checks were very physical. Bodies were flying in. Our skillful but lightweight players like Coutinho and sterling were having a hard time. I thought Everton played well organised at the back, and their forward players hounded our defenders non-Stop. I felt that despite the 0-0 score it was an action packed game.

Gerrard was playing where lallana used to play in this formation but I have to say that he didn't make as much impact as lallana use to do.

In this kind of game, our midfielders have to absorb some of the physicality so that the creative players can do their stuff. Unfortunately both Gerrard and allen couldn't do that in this game. Henderson was left to run around like a headless chicken because of Gerrard and allen to be honest.

Lastly when Sturridge came on, Coutinho should have been kept on the pitch. These two are a deadly tandem. There weren't any players to give the needed supply to Sturridge.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 am

It was poor substitutions, I reckon BR was happy with the point and if we could nick a goal all well and good. Everton werent just physical but dirty and constant complaining to the ref. BR should have pushed sentiment aside and replaced Gerrard with Sturridge as Stevie was pretty much a passenger for most of the game. Also I would not have brought Allen on a the DM as he is far too lightweight. Everton werent going all out attack to win the game so Lovren or Johnson could have been brought on and move Can to midfield, I do believe they were there for the taking but we were too cautious to exploite that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:52 am

and also, the ref didn't protect our players much. How many times did our players run with the ball forward and their players foul them from the back? Should've been alot more yellow cards than 4 for them...

If we didn't have such a bad first half of the season, no one will be moaning about this kinda game...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:53 am

In terms of manager v manager Martinez won despite them being the home side. Everton lined up to not lose and they got a draw and a clean sheet.

As someone else mentioned he changed the players for layers less suited to that role and Rodgers still attempted to play the same way.

Sterling has become too greedy and needs a bollocking for the constant times he had a team mate in a better position but still shot or tried running through a player.

Sakho had a poor game and if it wasnt for the great perfromance by Can i think we could have conceded.

Creativity was poor and the limited shots we had was poor

just a poor poor game

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:34 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 am wrote:In terms of manager v manager Martinez won despite them being the home side. Everton lined up to not lose and they got a draw and a clean sheet.

As someone else mentioned he changed the players for layers less suited to that role and Rodgers still attempted to play the same way.

Sterling has become too greedy and needs a bollocking for the constant times he had a team mate in a better position but still shot or tried running through a player.

Sakho had a poor game and if it wasnt for the great perfromance by Can i think we could have conceded.

Creativity was poor and the limited shots we had was poor

just a poor poor game

Good point about Sterling, it's starting to become a feature of his game now, he had a great chance to put Gerrard through one on one with Cortouis when we played Chelsea and he had at least two opportunities yesterday to put a team mate in but chose to shoot instead. There's nothing wrong with having a pop at goal when the shots on but Sterling is shooting from all sorts of angles and in situations where there's a low chance of success.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games