LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 am

Sorry Ola mate, I'm a diehard LFC fan but not ersed about this competition...it's one for also-rans....we shouldn't be there....but i'm not going into the reasons we're not - i have work to do...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 am

ah sod it, think I'll go to this one. Might take the bird, but don't tell the wife :;):  only kidding

could be a goal rout to be honest, if we click it could end up in double figures. but knowing us we'll make hard work of it and scrape it 1-0 through a deflected scuffer from ngog. hey ho
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seeing Red » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 am

I might have gone to this game, but I've picked up severe tonsillitis a few days back and now I can hardly speak or swallow! The worst I've ever felt from this kind of illness, didn't know tonsillitis could be so nasty.

Anyway, I would like to see a good handful of youngsters given a chance here, particularly Pacheco and Kelly, maybe even Amoo in for Kuyt, he surely needs a rest now :P

I think we will win this quite comfortably in the end, but they won't go belly up until we score, so we need to be at them from the start and get a good early goal.
Seeing Red

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 pm

love to see pacheco starting this one.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

stmichael wrote:love to see pacheco starting this one.

Can't see it happening though mate....i think he's earned his chance from what I've seen in the Ressies
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Sorry Ola mate, I'm a diehard LFC fan but not ersed about this competition...it's one for also-rans....we shouldn't be there....but i'm not going into the reasons we're not - i have work to do...

you wum, support the team dammit etc etc rant rant  :D

I think we have to be very very careful in this match and not underestimate them. I'd start with a full strength team and then feed a few youngsters in when we are comfortable and in control which most probably won't happen at any stage.  :p
heimdall

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Seems to me like everyone thinks this will be a walkover.

Similar to the Debrecen games which we struggled in.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Seems to me like everyone thinks this will be a walkover.

Similar to the Debrecen games which we struggled in.

Think you'll find no one really gives a toss whether we win or lose. Being in the competition is an embarrassment.

Worryingly though Rafa will play a strong side instead of resting our key players for the league and securing 4th, because he sees winning a trophy may increase his chances of a job here next season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Worryingly though Rafa will play a strong side instead of resting our key players for the league and securing 4th, because he sees winning a trophy may increase his chances of a job here next season.

Know that for a fact do you?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Hope to see Aquilani and Pacheco start.
Zidane

Postby Deluxe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Unfortunately Unirea seems weaker than some months ago. Not only for the winter break, but for losing some important players and their coach Dan Petrescu.
Unirea is the only Romanian team that didn´t sign a single player during the winter break (and ironically they are the only one still alive in Europe).

The new coach is the Israeli Ronny Levi. I don´t think he will make big tactical changes in the games against Liverpool. A 4-5-1 and playing counters.

This was their famous win at Glasgow Rangers stadium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0R9sCMyOi4
Deluxe

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Euro disney cup.  rather be out of it.
puroresu

Postby Horia 3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:08 pm

A message from Liverpool FC Supporters in Romania

WHEN IN BUCHAREST, ROMANIA

1 GBP = 4,8 RON (Romanian New LEU)
1 PINT = 7 – 14 RON (depending on what brand you fancy)

DOWNTOWN = I will name downtown the UNIRII SQUARE, one of the most important central squares in Bucharest, where are the most “attractions” (pubs, traditional restaurants etc). Look for the “old town” (maximum 500 m from any of Unirii Metro station exists).

AIRPORT

If you travel individually and need to get to downtown you have the following options:

EXPRESS BUS (no 783) is the cheapest but it may take forever if bad traffic (40 – 70 minutes)
EXPRES TRAIN (honestly forget it) it means a bus trip, than 40 minutes by train to the central railway station (Bucharest North). Than you need a taxi...
TAXI Airports are full of taxis that we'll be happy to over charge you. Average taxi fare is 1,39 RON / Km – 1,69 RON / Km. Depending on where you land Otopeni International or Baneasa Airport you should pay the following prices.

Otopeni – Downtown: 30 – 40 RON (little more than 6 GBP)
Baneasa – Downtown: 20 – 30 RON (little more than 4 GBP)

So I recommend the taxi which if you share, it' a joke...

* On your arrival some of us will be at the airports so just come to us and we solve whatever it is together. You will see us.
** At Otopeni only a certain taxi company (9 times the normal fare !) has the right to park infront. Normal taxis are though only 100 m away.
*** If anyone arrives by train (I heard people come from Serbia & Bulgaria for example) you should use the general info about taxis fares from above (from Bucharest North to downtown the price should be 15 – 25 RON maximum)
**** All prices can be 20% HIGHER between 6pm – 8pm (daily worst traffic in the the city)

EXCHANGING MONEY

As mentioned at the beginning of this post 1 GBP = 4.8 RON (Romanian New). I advise you NOT to exchange money at the airport exchange offices where they will pay less than 3.5 for 1 GBP. (Have a small bill of 10 Euros with you and it will take you to Downtown. Taxi drivers make exceptions and accept Euros when they pick you from airports.)
Don’t even think to do it on the street or in front of Exchange Offices. Most of Exchange Offices are OK but before giving the money ask two questions no matter what currency rates they show: 1. How much they pay for GBP  2. If they charge any extra fee (some of this offices made some “tricks” showing their rates for Travellers Cheques than paying less than expected and some of them have some stupid hidden commission that can be 10% - 20% of the amount!)
The best & safest place to exchange money is Banks and of course ATM’s.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN BUCHAREST

Not much to write about it. I live here for 15 years but really hate it. It exits but it’s slow. There is an Underground system, very useful and quite cheap but it doesn’t’ connect downtown neither to the Airports or the Stadium. 

GETTING TO THE STADIUM

As you may already know, the game is on Steaua Stadium. Easiest way to get there will be taxi. To be sure you get a normal fare ask the bartender wherever you finish drinking to call one. I strongly advise to you to consider that a trip from downtown to the stadium may take up to 90 minutes !!!
The match is at 0800 pm local time, so if you don’t want to miss the first half, don’t even think to leave central area after 0645 pm. Between 6 pm – 8 pm traffic in Bucharest it’s just horrific !

PUBS

Good news even for those who were here last time Liverpool played in Bucharest (2003).  Since then, the OLD TOWN (500 m from Unirii Square) has been redone (part of it anyway) and it’s a place with many little streets full of bars, restaurants and of course pubs.
Bucharest has at least 20 proper pubs (most of them Irish) in the central area. I totally recommend the one where we watch every Liverpool game (Whispers Pub 4, Brezoianu St).     

PAYING IN PUBS & RESTAURANTS

Some of the places do not accept credit cards ! Ask them before making an order! Some of them may accept Euros or Pounds but they will make you … not exactly the best exchange rate. My advice, have RON (Romanian currency)

TICKETS

DO NOT buy tickets from people on the street. If someone offers you a ticket and you really need that, get a cab, get to Whispers Pub, 4 Brezoianu Street (where we’ll check it) than it’s up to you. The problem is not about paying for a fake but about being robbed 5 minutes later!
If you have any personal questions feel free to send me an e-mail at liverpoolfc_ro@yahoo.com

We hope you enjoy your stay in Bucharest

LIVERPOOL FC ROMANIA

YNWA

Horia
[B]
Horia 3

Postby Simari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 pm

europian-kings wrote:Im making the journey from london.

Haven't been able to get up there since we lost to arsenal 6-3 :(

Same here, with a group of colleagues from work. Most are stationed near Liverpool, so will be meeting up there.

Mickey mouse cup and all, hopefully the Kop doesn't disappoint on another european night :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Owzat wrote:
Fauxy wrote:
Eagle wrote:This will be a big game for them so they will be playing their first 11, and judging by their Champions League performances they are a half decent side. I don’t think we should go crazy and throw in all of our reserves as most of them are quite poor and will probably get embarrassed, but it is definitely an opportunity to try a few things out. I would like to see Kelly at right back and Pacheco playing “in-between the lines”. This also may be a good time to give Babel a game upfront.

Reina

Kelly   Kyrgiakos   Skrtel   Aurelio

Degen  Aquilani    Lucas    Riera

Pacheco
                         Babel

Subs: Ngog, Kuyt, Gerrard, Spearing, Agger, Insua, Cavalieri

I like the look of that team  :)

With FOUR defensive subs on the bench, at home?!?  ??? I do approve of the lack of stars in the starting XI, but would probably leave more out altogether and give those that might have to fill in for injured 1st teamers a shot, we moan about not giving kids a chance then load the team and bench with older players and 1st teamers

Too be honest Kelly and Pacheco are the only ones that look like they may be good enough to make the step up. The likes of El Zhar, Spearing and Darby are way below the standard. The only other player that may be worth a place in the squad right now is Ayala.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games