LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Sunday 28th march 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Did i mention that Javier was the boss man today  and Agger had me looking for a scottish fella called Alan, brilliant
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I watched the game in my Local Today and was absolutely delighted in the overall display the passing was the most efficient I have seen this season ,the energy shown by Agger to constantly run the length of the pitch was outstanding ,Gerrard's best game in a red shirt all season,but for me in terms of improvement I was really impressed with Babel and if the Kid keeps showing this application and ability then I will have no problem tearing up my earlier reports on the lad ,thought some of his play was inventive and performed with no little skill ,special mention to Insua who I thought linked the play down the wing  brilliantly ,and now to lavish the superlatives Torres movement in the box to make space for his second was touching the very best exponents of World Class ,his first goal was reminiscent of King Kenny at his finest and that needs a better description than World Class ,that simply was Liverpool Old School  class ,and I can make no greater distinction the Lad is a Legend in the making .......  So all in all a solid display interwoven with superior one touch football this has to be the format for the next games
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:22 pm

only me wrote:From all the players you could have picked......Barnes was one of the most intelligent players playing for liverpool and that's a quality that you can't aquire or "expend"...I have no idea what you people are dreaming of..

Babel has been playing for Liverpool for quite some time now and was given more then his fair share of chances....short memory is a bliss.

John Barnes...oh man....

I thought the Barnes bit was a bit of a stretch, but not as much of a stretch as slating Babel after one of his better overall performances in a red shirt.  Not caring for a player is one thing, but to go on a fishing expedition to fire shots off at him after a good performance isn't sitting right.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm

How about that for a first half eh? demolished them and should have been cruising 9999-0.

Torres.. what a goal.. what a goal and his second, so calm so cool what a finish :bowdown

Gerrard bossed the midfield with Mascherano

Maxi was fantastic on the RIGHT side of midfield once again, I want to see him playing in his favorite position and not on the left.

Agger trying to get a goal :D he did well

Reina untroubled, but was always aware and pulled a great save at the end.

Babel - meh, miss and hit

Carra was solid so was Insua

Johnson was on fire, bombed forward and was involved in most Liverpool attacks! great goal.

Kuyt - he worked hard as usual, tackling and hassling but losing the ball :D - typical dirky

Well deserved win, lets go batter the shyte out of Benfica now
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I think if Babel gets a good run of games he will improve with every game, ok he is a bit erratic to say the least but he can also score a goal out of nothing.

I'm not making excuses or nothing but if we had a fit Torres all season we would easy have 4th place in the bag.

I have a feeling that we will win the Europa cup now and that would be a nice way to cap a disastrous season
roberto green

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Maybe the best performance of the season and what do we get ?  "Babels a waste of space " and " SOS weren't on the telly :angry: "

F'uckin' joke.

gotta agree with ya there...

Excellent performance in the first half... decent in the second... Gerrard controlled everything going forward in the first half, and Mascherano bossed the game defensively andgave balance in the second..

Funny enough I thought the win today had much more to do with the setup than the players performing to high standards (which they somewhat did).. All credit to Rafa for that..

All that said.. theres 2 questions that seriously need asking here...

1) Are we going to see more of the same in the upcoming games in the league ?
2) Why on Earth did we ever play Lucas when Gerrard (Aquilani to a lesser extent) and Mascherano were available ?

I know many are going to say that Lucas comes under alot of unjust criticism and all that, but this is by no means a criticism of Lucas.. He's played to his abilities, which i believe to be limited to say the least, and you cant really ask more of the guy.. However, Rafa has to take a huge chunk of the blame here.. With every game played withOUT Lucas, the side looks a decent attacking unit with players knowing their roles and performing to a level you'd expect of a Liverpool side (results aside)...

Anyways... good solid win, would have liked a couple more goals to boost the goal difference but lets not get too greedy here..
oh one last thing.. WHERE THE FCK IS BENAYOUN ?! hopefully its not another Keane, Xabi, Riera..etc situation because he too is a good player and one we should be keeping...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
only me wrote:From all the players you could have picked......Barnes was one of the most intelligent players playing for liverpool and that's a quality that you can't aquire or "expend"...I have no idea what you people are dreaming of..

Babel has been playing for Liverpool for quite some time now and was given more then his fair share of chances....short memory is a bliss.

John Barnes...oh man....

I thought the Barnes bit was a bit of a stretch, but not as much of a stretch as slating Babel after one of his better overall performances in a red shirt.  Not caring for a player is one thing, but to go on a fishing expedition to fire shots off at him after a good performance isn't sitting right.

Fishing expeditions? nope don't care much for water sports...

Thought Babel had a decent game against Pompey and Yes at times he can produce a cracking goal but people are missing the bigger picture...Same people which still look for hidden abilities with Lucas...Babel received more chances then Riera and produces less and less yet one is shipped to a Golag and the other has become our "new" prospect.

This same mindset will keep Rafa in the team will keep Lucas and we will have those debates in the year to come.

Babel is playing just because Rafa tries to exampt himself for another stinking signinig but as long as people fall into this trap forget about fixing what's wrong with this team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Lucas has played a lot of games due to the unavailability of both Gerrard and Aqualini due to injury throughout the season - in both those had been fit all season i expect he wouldnt of played as many as he has - lets face it he is 4th choice CM at the end of the day .

As for Yossi - he started the season very brightly but since Jan whenever he has played he has looked pretty poor
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Goals posted in the highlights thread.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

how the f*ck did Torres scored the first.

I need to learn that skill
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 pm

bigmick wrote:I thought we were absolutely excellent to be honest, Torres's first goal unbelieveable. Gerrard was excellent in central midfield, and I couldn't help but think while I was watching it how much better off we'd be at this stage if he had played there all season. The difference with having him there alongside Masherano as opposed to Lucas is just so mind-bogglingly huge you just wonder how on Earth we've persisted with alternative systems so often this season. Absolutely staggering really.

I thought Maxi Rodriguez was a bit quiet, but other than that I thought we were really top notch.

game of opionions ay - some on here say Maxi was fantastic !

Didn't manage to see the game today - so reading fellow reds reviews on here, is helpful..

I believe in this team and manager - predicted 3-0 at least and clearly the boys did the business.

Spurs to face top 3 yet as do, Man City and Villa (7-1 wow loss to chelsea) still have to face top 2 of top 3 .. so it is defo game on... we'll make it I fully believe we will and then next season - clean slate and all that ..

GET IN THERE RAFA'S REDSSSSSS !
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 pm

metalhead wrote:how the f*ck did Torres scored the first.

You can't learn that son..

Your either born with it or your not.

(in a scotish accent  :D )

How much do I sound like a old school manager

:D
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:44 pm

roberto green wrote:

How much do I sound like a old school manger (in a scotish accent  :D )

He means on Fifa

:laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:
roberto green wrote:

How much do I sound like a old school manger (in a scotish accent  :D )

He means on Fifa

:laugh:

:D
roberto green

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:52 pm

do you press L1 then right joystick circle???!? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games