LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Sunday 28th march 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:ABSOLUTLY FU.CKING RAGING HERE NOT A WORD ABOUT OUR PROTEST , YOU CAN HEAR THEM AND SEE A BIT OF THE FLAG BUT NOT A FECKING WORD ,SKY YOU  F.UCKING SHI.THOUSES GET YOUR CAMERAS ON THEM, :angry:  :angry:

oH TWO FECKING MINUTES THERE BIT OF A SHOT

Nanny forget Sky. SOS will get plenty of attention when BBC go to Liverpool soon. There is an entire debate on LFC and the future of the club, groundshare ect...

Bav if that was the Mancs theyd be having f.ucking orgasms over it ,im fumin, fecking fumin here , an i shouldnt feel like i do because of our win, and how well the lads played ,

Macherano was absolutly boss today, and i was up off me chair every time Agger had a little run ,so calm ,wonderful to watch, got nothing to say about Fernando than what has already been said, God was in the studio looking at Jesus on the pitch, Wonderful
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Very happy with the performance and the result. We played better football with Gerrard in his natural position and i guess we should stick with this formation in the remaining league games. Next Benfica... btw, i dunno , the best games for us this season, most of the time was without Lucas esp. the games with free-flow passes... i guess with should concentrate on keeping him on the bench then.. :D
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 pm

only me wrote:Best performance of the season should have trashed them but good result alltogether

Couldn't avoid viewing even in a day as today the hopeless and helpless player which Babel is ,what a waste of space this lad is ,one can only wander what is going inside this guy's head - why he stayed and Riera was shipped....

Great game to count on for Thursday.(Just keep Lucas on the bench).

He was good today.  I dont know which f*cking game you were watching.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Maybe the best performance of the season and what do we get ?  "Babels a waste of space " and " SOS weren't on the telly :angry: "

F'uckin' joke.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm

only me wrote:Best performance of the season should have trashed them but good result alltogether

Couldn't avoid viewing even in a day as today the hopeless and helpless player which Babel is ,what a waste of space this lad is ,one can only wander what is going inside this guy's head - why he stayed and Riera was shipped....

I thought Babel had a good day.  His tracking back in the second half was a breath of fresh air.  He showed a workrate we've rarely seen from him.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:52 pm

The only thing wrong with Babel is, he shares alnost the same miserable expression as Anelka.

Now he aint touching him for ability - but the lad did well today. He does frustrate yer at times with promising moves breaking down/losing possession etc...but he did 'OK' today. As i'm nearly tempted to say, he had the look of a fella who has had a burden lifted from his shoulders.

One thats going to Russia.

So, we'll give the lad a few straight games (If selected that is......) in the side and see if he grabs the chance. I've still got high hopes for him.

Other than that - they all deserve an ale or two tonight. Even the gaffer.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:55 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:

He was good today.  I dont know which f*cking game you were watching.

same game you were watching just with my eyes open mate.

Babel is a hopeless cause ,lost too many balls ,tried to many times going through players the usual babel :censored:...You just see he has no football brain - total goat .
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Enjoyed that today , best game this season . Still me nerves are jangleing about johnson's defending . More than makes up for it going forward though . No complaints atall .

"HE'S GOT A HEAD LIKE A BEACHBALL " was boss.  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

People just need to realise how Babel helps the team, sure he doesnt go past 6 players before flumoxing the keeper with astouding skill and belting it into the back of the net.

What he does do though is run at the opposition forcing them to backtrack and cover him with two players. Once they are on the backfoot we have "OPTIONS", now Babel doesnt always choose the best option, but he at least creates some doubt in the opposition that someone may capitalise on.

Ok so he is playing for his world cup place and not necessarily LFC............but who gives a :censored:, if it benefits us then so be it.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

The Good Yank wrote:I thought Babel had a good day.  His tracking back in the second half was a breath of fresh air.  He showed a workrate we've rarely seen from him.

It seemed to me, and no doubt many others, that Babel was on his way out BUT I'm now wondering if Babel and Rafa have had a sit down and attempted to sort a few things out.

After his recent his reintroduction to the team Babel has certainly shown more "fight" i.e. a willingness to help out his left back and harry the oppo back into our own half. If Babel can continue to "expand" his game I believe he could become maybe the best left sided player we've had since John Barnes.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:I thought Babel had a good day.  His tracking back in the second half was a breath of fresh air.  He showed a workrate we've rarely seen from him.

It seemed to me, and no doubt many others, that Babel was on his way out BUT I'm now wondering if Babel and Rafa have had a sit down and attempted to sort a few things out.

After his recent his reintroduction to the team Babel has certainly shown more "fight" i.e. a willingness to help out his left back and harry the oppo back into our own half. If Babel can continue to "expand" his game I believe he could become maybe the best left sided player we've had since John Barnes.

Agreed.

It's a bit similar to Nani's revival at Man Utd. He has hit form amongst a similar fallout with his manager the previous season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm

The Telegraph match report just about sums up todays performance.

The striker’s stardust, it seems, is contagious. The tone set, Liverpool swarmed forward, in sixes and sevens – Sunderland were at similar numbers defensively – picking their way through their visitors’ teetering backline with an array of back-heels, stepovers, their passing patterns intricate, their imagination fired.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:15 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

From all the players you could have picked......Barnes was one of the most intelligent players playing for liverpool and that's a quality that you can't aquire or "expend"...I have no idea what you people are dreaming of..

Babel has been playing for Liverpool for quite some time now and was given more then his fair share of chances....short memory is a bliss.

John Barnes...oh man....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I thought we were absolutely excellent to be honest, Torres's first goal unbelieveable. Gerrard was excellent in central midfield, and I couldn't help but think while I was watching it how much better off we'd be at this stage if he had played there all season. The difference with having him there alongside Masherano as opposed to Lucas is just so mind-bogglingly huge you just wonder how on Earth we've persisted with alternative systems so often this season. Absolutely staggering really.

I thought Maxi Rodriguez was a bit quiet, but other than that I thought we were really top notch. It could quite easily have been more emphatic than Chelsea's win against Villa, it really could.

As a footnote my man Bent was sh!t  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

What a entertaining game. Can't say enough about the creativity and passing. You can say that Sunderland is a weak squad but this is the same team that drew at Old Trafford and beat us earlier this year.

Once again we are shown that this team has the weapons for great offensive football but often times its been holstered for a sheild instead.

Why do we get teased with games like these only to revert back to a 'safe' formation which I'm sure we'll see as the next two games are away. The time for caution has passed. Being cautious has lead to team to the desperate times that it's in right now.

It's time for teams to fear Liverpool again, home or away.
liverpoolusfan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games