Postby shawnk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 am

metalhead wrote:do you press L1 then right joystick circle???!? :D

Bet you cant do it in 30 tries.
shawnk

Postby shawnk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 am

woof woof ! wrote:
only me wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:I thought Babel had a good day.  His tracking back in the second half was a breath of fresh air.  He showed a workrate we've rarely seen from him.

It seemed to me, and no doubt many others, that Babel was on his way out BUT I'm now wondering if Babel and Rafa have had a sit down and attempted to sort a few things out.

After his recent his reintroduction to the team Babel has certainly shown more "fight" i.e. a willingness to help out his left back and harry the oppo back into our own half. If Babel can continue to "expand" his game I believe he could become maybe the best left sided player we've had since John Barnes.

From all the players you could have picked......Barnes was one of the most intelligent players playing for liverpool and that's a quality that you can't aquire or "expend"...I have no idea what you people are dreaming of..

Babel has been playing for Liverpool for quite some time now and was given more then his fair share of chances....short memory is a bliss.

John Barnes...oh man....

Short memory ? D'yer remember the expression C'unthooks ? , probably not.

Anyways, if you read between the lines (the ability to read would help) I haven't suggested that Babel is or will ever be as good as John Barnes, what I have said is that "if he continues to expand his game he could be the best left sided player we've had SINCE John Barnes.

Perhaps you missed Patrik Berger in between?
shawnk

Postby shawnk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 am

ironman wrote:
only me wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
only me wrote:Best performance of the season should have trashed them but good result alltogether

Couldn't avoid viewing even in a day as today the hopeless and helpless player which Babel is ,what a waste of space this lad is ,one can only wander what is going inside this guy's head - why he stayed and Riera was shipped....

Great game to count on for Thursday.(Just keep Lucas on the bench).

He was good today.  I dont know which f*cking game you were watching.

same game you were watching just with my eyes open mate.

Babel is a hopeless cause ,lost too many balls ,tried to many times going through players the usual babel :censored:...You just see he has no football brain - total goat .

couldnt disagree with you more about babbel!! he needs a good run of games and our manager to show some belief and faith in him! marco van basten said when babbel moved to us that he was the biggest talent to come out of holland in 10 yrs!! i still believe he has all the qualities you need to be massive success for us!! remember thierry henry at juventus??

Babbel is no longer with us  :p
shawnk

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:34 am

what more can you want from babel

he beat players at will, was unselfish at times, tracked back, wants to shoot and score goals

i was impressed by him today
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 am

First of all, that was Liverpool's 100th clean sheet in the Premiership under Rafa.

That was one of our best performances of the season, but let's face it Sunderland didn't exactly make it hard and it could have been a bigger margin than Chelsea on Saturday. I wonder if Rafa will learn from the game, or simply revert to type next game. Does it take being out of contention before he wakes up positive? Cracking finishes by Torres, from the blinding strike to the clever steer - unlucky not to have his hat-trick when Kuyt pulled back, Babel had an airshot and Torres could only hit the post.

Much needed three points, but we need to do that 3-4 more times before Chelsea put up a different proposition altogether. It's a shame Torres couldn't have saved his opener for that game.

BIRMINGHAM (a)
Fulham (h)
West Ham (h)
Burnley (a)
CHELSEA (h)
Hull (a)

Of course it would be Benfica AWAY in the Euro Disney League the game before brum, I'd maybe consider resting Torres for Thursday's game and Gerrard and simply look to keep it tight for the return leg. It could be a true measure of Rafa's intentions, I'm not saying the result at brum will decide our chances of fourth, but it's not a game we can afford to drop points in. We're now pretty much at the stage dropping points isn't really an option. If seven points behind spudz didn't hit home before yesterday, it should have. Even with them having tough games they are playing pretty well, they could easily pick up enough points that after their tough run they are still ahead of us. I'm thinking 70 points is the mark that will get fourth :

Tottenham - 3 wins + 3 draws in 7 games = 70 points
Man City - 5 wins + 2 draws in 8 games = 70 points
Liverpool - 5 wins + 1 draw in 6 games = 70 points
A Villa - 6 wins + 1 draw in 7 games = 70 points

Does that look difficult for either Citeh or spudz..................? spudz only have to win four games out of seven to force us to win five handsomely (because of GD) or win all six. Assuming they beat Burnley, Sunderland and Bolton then that puts them on 67 points with four tough games, most we can manage is 72 if we win all our games.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:00 am

LittleHobo wrote:what more can you want from babel

he beat players at will, was unselfish at times, tracked back, wants to shoot and score goals

i was impressed by him today

Yet still could have done better, and that against a side that pretty much every player in a Liverpool shirt impressed against
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:27 am

Hang over from hell  :no  :(

Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 am

im with ya cigs... todays gonna be along day at work
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 am

dawson99 wrote:im with ya cigs... todays gonna be along day at work

And me  :D

Really struggling  :(
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Why?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm

too little to late?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Reg wrote:Why?

That to me reg ?

If so....ale  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Ok understood!

Anyone got a link to the goals? Havent seen them yet!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:25 pm

account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

I thought Torres first goal was very similar to one that Barnes scored when he was at his  peak.                                         

at 4 mins 52 secs in this clip
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games